Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62048 times)

stephen25000

Would that be of the same tune as some McCann supporters who deny  the McCann's did anything wrong (at least Alfie you admit they made a mistake), and/or deny there are disturbed people among the Mccann backers (which you admit as well) ?

Offline Robittybob1

Apparently according to some  if you don't answer questions we should infer that you have something to hide  8(0(*
Hidden agenda and a hidden body.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

I asked YOU ;what motivates YOU.  I can only GUESS at the motivation of vile trolls (see above as quoted by you), something which you are very keen to distance yourself from, hence why I'm interested to know what motivates YOU.

If in the highly unlikely event that the McCanns turn out to be responsible for hiding their child's body then I will look extremely foolish but at least I will be able to console myself with the knowledge that I always gave the benefit of the doubt, I treated the McCanns as innocent until proven guilty, I did not judge them and find them guilty before the courts did.  How about you?  What if it turns out that all your suspicions are completely without foundation?

Any answer I have given you in the past has been;
a) rejected
b) ridiculed
c) replaced with what you think is the answer I should have given
So why should I bother?

If the McCanns did nothing wrong I won't look foolish because I have never accused them of doing anything of a criminal nature.

I think their childcare arrangements could have been seen as neglectful in the UK, but have never criticised the Portuguese for their reading of that situation.

I was surprised by the first instance judgement in the libel trial, but I didn't criticise the judge, the judiciary, the laws of her country or her country for the decision. Their country their rules. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

I am entitled to ask questions (FGS: isn't this what you've virtually made a career of - "only asking questions" that you feel entitled to know the answers to?) but I realise that the questions I pose make some people uncomfortable and am rarely surprised when they choose not to answer, and never badger them to do so (unlike some people I could mention....)  Also I will point out that despite the fact that I owe none of you an answer to any of YOUR questions, I always give one, even if it's an answer you don't like or want to hear.

1 In this world, old stick, you are entitled to very little.
2 Provided you don't have them on ignore for spurious reasons.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

Any answer I have given you in the past has been;
a) rejected
b) ridiculed
c) replaced with what you think is the answer I should have given
So why should I bother?

If the McCanns did nothing wrong I won't look foolish because I have never accused them of doing anything of a criminal nature.

I think their childcare arrangements could have been seen as neglectful in the UK, but have never criticised the Portuguese for their reading of that situation.

I was surprised by the first instance judgement in the libel trial, but I didn't criticise the judge, the judiciary, the laws of her country or her country for the decision. Their country their rules.
You have constantly called into question the McCanns' honesty and anyone following your posts knows full well you suspect the McCanns guilty of crimnal behaviour.  It would be utterly disingenuous of you to claim otherwise.  Of course you have never criticised Portugal or its authorities or justice system, that would never do for a dyed-in-the-wool sceptic.  But the Met and British authorities / Justice, well that's quite a different matter of course...

stephen25000

You have constantly called into question the McCanns' honesty and anyone following your posts knows full well you suspect the McCanns guilty of crimnal behaviour.  It would be utterly disingenuous of you to claim otherwise.  Of course you have never criticised Portugal or its authorities or justice system, that would never do for a dyed-in-the-wool sceptic.  But the Met and British authorities / Justice, well that's quite a different matter of course...

Name one police investigation or force  that is faultless.

Offline Robittybob1

Name one police investigation or force  that is faultless.
The Policia Judicaria, Polícia Judiciária or commonly called the PJ.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

I see I'm being accused of lying again because no matter what I say, you know better than I do what I really think. I don't know why you bother asking me questions when you have all the answers anyway.  @)(++(*

I have pointed out in the past that the Met aren't perfect. Usually in answer to those who think they are. I have also identified failings in the original investigation.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

I see I'm being accused of lying again because no matter what I say, you know better than I do what I really think. I don't know why you bother asking me questions when you have all the answers anyway.  @)(++(*

I have pointed out in the past that the Met aren't perfect. Usually in answer to those who think they are. I have also identified failings in the original investigation.
I didn't accuse you of lying.  I said it would be utterly disingenuous of you to claim you didn't suspect the McCanns of being dishonest or of criminal behaviour, and that is a fact.

Offline Robittybob1

I didn't accuse you of lying.  I said it would be utterly disingenuous of you to claim you didn't suspect the McCanns of being dishonest or of criminal behaviour, and that is a fact.
Do you G-unit "suspect the McCanns of being dishonest or of criminal behaviour"?  When you can be presumed innocent and also a suspect at the same time it is hardly a biggie.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

disingenuous

synonyms

dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, insincere, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious
Result = happy posting.

Offline slartibartfast

Warning to all, accusing other posters of lying without proof is frowned on.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

Do you G-unit "suspect the McCanns of being dishonest or of criminal behaviour"?  When you can be presumed innocent and also a suspect at the same time it is hardly a biggie.

I have seen examples of statements by the McCanns which aren't supported by their subsequent statements or by the statements of others. I have no idea why that is so, so I can't draw any firm conclusions. As far as I'm concerned the crime is unknown so until it's identified there can't be any suspects.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

disingenuous

synonyms

dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, insincere, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious
I do understand the meaning of the words I use, do you understand the use of the conditional tense?

Alfie

Warning to all, accusing other posters of lying without proof is frowned on.
Did I do that?  No.