Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62046 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Perhaps you could point to any supporter who has ever made that claim?

So you accepts that many statements are inconsistent?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

The thread is currently getting over-personal.  Kindly tone it down.

I think I would add over aggressive.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

I think I would add over aggressive.
I'd agree - it's not nice when a pack of sceptics turn on one.

Alfie

So you accepts that many statements are inconsistent?
Of course - you only have to look at the statements of the OC staff alone to see that.

Alfie

That's not personal abuse. Personal abuse is accusing people of being stupid, evil, inadequate, nasty etc.
Yes, I've seen all of those words used to describe the McCanns by people with whom the McCanns have never exchanged a word, or even breathed the same airspace.  Go figure!

Offline G-Unit

Yes, I've seen all of those words used to describe the McCanns by people with whom the McCanns have never exchanged a word, or even breathed the same airspace.  Go figure!

Not by me. Some of them have been directed at me occasionally too.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

My Mum used to tell me "all good things come to those who wait".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

And me. 

stephen25000

As with the Supreme Court decision in Portugal.

Offline Erngath

I do hope this is true for the McCann family.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

Reminder; please post ON TOPIC:  Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

Is it morally right to use social media to post hateful comments about a family whose little girl has gone missing and continue to do so without let for ten years?

It seems a research paper into the subject of the 'vile trolls' who do this has caused a certain stirring; to the extent that complaints have been fired off, starting out with the Academic Ethics Committee of Huddersfield University

Dr John Synnott doesn't even have to make the slightest effort in support of his synopsis, it seems his work is throwing itself at him from 'freespeachers'.  Who it seems are apparently of the opinion that Dr Synnott shouldn't have bothered opening his mouth when it comes to recording the daily outrages perpetrated against the family of a missing girl over a ten year period.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

Is it morally right to use social media to post hateful comments about a family whose little girl has gone missing and continue to do so without let for ten years?

It seems a research paper into the subject of the 'vile trolls' who do this has caused a certain stirring; to the extent that complaints have been fired off, starting out with the Academic Ethics Committee of Huddersfield University

Dr John Synnott doesn't even have to make the slightest effort in support of his synopsis, it seems his work is throwing itself at him from 'freespeachers'.  Who it seems are apparently of the opinion that Dr Synnott shouldn't have bothered opening his mouth when it comes to recording the daily outrages perpetrated against the family of a missing girl over a ten year period.

"Not Bennett" has been busy again, I take it?

Offline Brietta

"Not Bennett" has been busy again, I take it?

Independent research throwing a light into the murky world of twitter trolls was bound to be a target. Particularly of those who have chosen the McCann family as their preferred targets ... and who have taken the time and trouble to unashamedly organise campaigns to do so might possibly count that individual amongst their number.

You guessed my source ... but you must admit, it wasn't a very difficult guess  8)-)))

stephen25000

Do the McCann's use Twitter ?

They say no.

How would you stop people giving their 'opinions' Brietta ?

I still await his analysis of Mccann supporters.

I suspect that may never see the light of day.