Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62035 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Not by me. Some of them have been directed at me occasionally too.

to me   too

Offline Robittybob1

That is the issue perhaps.

Why on earth knowing that the target of their vile and vindictive outpourings disdain to join them in the gutter by ignoring their ill informed rantings do they continue the practice?

I know the worth of the 'opinions' held by these people and suppose that as they are obviously persons who should be pitied rather than laughed at that is how one should regard them.  Pitiable people.

I'm not entirely sure how much time Dr John Synnott and his team may have to devote to anything other than the vile on line trolls whose cage he has appeared to have rattled somewhat,
They can't seem to help themselves, can they?  Despite the fact they now seem to have assimilated that being recognised as a vile troll is nothing to be proud of ... they go out of their way to reinforce their image of being just that.

I can only imagine the volume of research material he will now have to work with;  what he will do with it will be for him to determine, but it may leave him little time for anything else.
Sounds like he will be happy having plenty of data to work with.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

Sounds like he will be happy having plenty of data to work with.

Were I him I would probably be considering how best to appraise the added information to work into appendices to the main body of work using the impeccable provenance of "straight from the horse's mouth (or might that be dog?) evidence gifted to him without having to spend any time doing his own research.

Might he even bother with appendices ... might be sufficient there for a new paper.  All too easy for the academic, bit murky for the vile tweeters.
Did they really intend to prove his work for him?  I don't think they have really thought through the implication of attacking the work of an academic in the manner they have.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Were I him I would probably be considering how best to appraise the added information to work into appendices to the main body of work using the impeccable provenance of "straight from the horse's mouth (or might that be dog?) evidence gifted to him without having to spend any time doing his own research.

Might he even bother with appendices ... might be sufficient there for a new paper.  All too easy for the academic, bit murky for the vile tweeters.
Did they really intend to prove his work for him?  I don't think they have really thought through the implication of attacking the work of an academic in the manner they have.

A true academic examines all sides.

He has made a promise to look at the other side, the McCann supporters.

There is plenty of material he and his team can examine, from the extreme McCann supporter base.

Now let's see if his word has value.

Offline G-Unit

One thing has become clear over the last ten years. Trying to suggest that those who disagree with the McCann's theory are 'trolls' hasn't worked. Portraying the McCanns as innocent, hounded and bullied victims and their critics as inadequate, ill educated, jealous, evil tormentors hasn't worked. Just like the outpouring of bile directed at Amaral by the UK media didn't work. 

Historically these tactics did work. Tony Benn was marginalised throughout his life by the media using similar tactics against him. Then everything changed. The rise of the internet and social media allowed people to access other sources of information. Thus the attempts by the media to demonise Nigel Farage and Jeremy Corbyn failed miserably.

Calling people names instead of answering their questions suggests their questions are unanswerable.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

One thing has become clear over the last ten years. Trying to suggest that those who disagree with the McCann's theory are 'trolls' hasn't worked. Portraying the McCanns as innocent, hounded and bullied victims and their critics as inadequate, ill educated, jealous, evil tormentors hasn't worked. Just like the outpouring of bile directed at Amaral by the UK media didn't work. 

Historically these tactics did work. Tony Benn was marginalised throughout his life by the media using similar tactics against him. Then everything changed. The rise of the internet and social media allowed people to access other sources of information. Thus the attempts by the media to demonise Nigel Farage and Jeremy Corbyn failed miserably.

Calling people names instead of answering their questions suggests their questions are unanswerable.
Perhaps you can tell me who (that matters) is taking your (the collective pressure group of McCann "sceptics")
questions and doubts seriously?  Do you think sheer weight of your (collective) pressure is going to force the McCanns into the dock?

Alfie

PS: nigel Farage lives in fear for his and his family's safety at all times, as for Jeremy Corbyn, well yes he's been warmly embraced by the UK public so much so that even most Labour supporters prefer Theresa May.  @)(++(*

stephen25000

PS: nigel Farage lives in fear for his and his family's safety at all times, as for Jeremy Corbyn, well yes he's been warmly embraced by the UK public so much so that even most Labour supporters prefer Theresa May.  @)(++(*

Which T. May Alfie ?

8**8:/:

Offline faithlilly

A very astute post G.

The 'troll' agenda is now being almost exclusively driven by the McCanns and their 'friendly' churnalists.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

Perhaps you can tell me who (that matters) is taking your (the collective pressure group of McCann "sceptics")
questions and doubts seriously?  Do you think sheer weight of your (collective) pressure is going to force the McCanns into the dock?

I have no idea Alfie. All I do know is that insignificant and unimportant matters get ignored. Either the McCann detractors are a thorn in someone's side or they are being used as an excuse to bring in censorship of the internet.

Just for the record, I don't post in the hope of making a difference to anything.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

I have no idea Alfie. All I do know is that insignificant and unimportant matters get ignored. Either the McCann detractors are a thorn in someone's side or they are being used as an excuse to bring in censorship of the internet.

Just for the record, I don't post in the hope of making a difference to anything.
I have literally no idea what you are talking about. 

Offline G-Unit

A very astute post G.

The 'troll' agenda is now being almost exclusively driven by the McCanns and their 'friendly' churnalists.

It will be interesting to see if those complaining about this academic research get answers to their questions, particularly the one about funding.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

The only group of people who I can have any understanding of - as to why they have such venomous opinions are those who are ignorant of the facts and  really believe all the lies and myths which have been part of this case for 10 years.

Those include people who wrongly believe that the McCanns  have admitted drugging their children, and not only did both go jogging on May 4th  - but Gerry also played tennis!       Then there are the mistaken beliefs that Madeleines DNA was found in the car and that if a dog barks - that proves a body was once in 5a..    Then there is the bloody footprint, the blood spattered wall etc etc.

Those are just a few examples - but if I believed them then I reckon I would be pretty furious too. 

Unfortunately many of those sceptics (elsewhere)  who are aware of the true facts prefer to turn a blind eye to the myths and lies believed by others and still peddled by them - rather than correct them.   I find that very telling.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

It will be interesting to see if those complaining about this academic research get answers to their questions, particularly the one about funding.
Who is complaining about the academic research? 

Alfie

The only group of people who I can have any understanding of - as to why they have such venomous opinions are those who are ignorant of the facts and  really believe all the lies and myths which have been part of this case for 10 years.

Those include people who wrongly believe that the McCanns  have admitted drugging their children, and not only did both go jogging on May 4th  - but Gerry also played tennis!       Then there are the mistaken beliefs that Madeleines DNA was found in the car and that if a dog barks - that proves a body was once in 5a..    Then there is the bloody footprint, the blood spattered wall etc etc.

Those are just a few examples - but if I believed them then I reckon I would be pretty furious too. 

Unfortunately many of those sceptics (elsewhere)  who are aware of the true facts prefer to turn a blind eye to the myths and lies believed by others and still peddled by them - rather than correct them.   I find that very telling.
Exactly right - which is why I started the thread about the issue of sedating the children having become a "fact" that goes unchallenged by those who really should know better.  It's obviously convenient for those with a "sceptic" agenda not to correct myths and the truth really is of little interest to such people.  It's a propaganda campaign pure and simple.  I think that makes these people trolls.