Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62013 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Exactly right - which is why I started the thread about the issue of sedating the children having become a "fact" that goes unchallenged by those who really should know better.  It's obviously convenient for those with a "sceptic" agenda not to correct myths and the truth really is of little interest to such people.  It's a propaganda campaign pure and simple.  I think that makes these people trolls.

The problem is, supporters like to label sceptic theories with backup observations as myths but when it is beneficial to the McCanns those supporter
theories are labelled facts. Maybe we should call him them all theories.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

Repeatedly stating abduction, no matter the lack of evidence for that
 (or the other scenarios) is propaganda.

Stating people who don't believe in the McCann's story and calling them trolls is propaganda.

Rubbish stories in the newspapers by those close to the McCann's is propaganda.

Stories in the MSM by Kate McCann's close friend, Tracey Kandohla , is propaganda. How many readers are aware of their friendship ?

Offline G-Unit

The only group of people who I can have any understanding of - as to why they have such venomous opinions are those who are ignorant of the facts and  really believe all the lies and myths which have been part of this case for 10 years.

Those include people who wrongly believe that the McCanns  have admitted drugging their children, and not only did both go jogging on May 4th  - but Gerry also played tennis!       Then there are the mistaken beliefs that Madeleines DNA was found in the car and that if a dog barks - that proves a body was once in 5a..    Then there is the bloody footprint, the blood spattered wall etc etc.

Those are just a few examples - but if I believed them then I reckon I would be pretty furious too. 

Unfortunately many of those sceptics (elsewhere)  who are aware of the true facts prefer to turn a blind eye to the myths and lies believed by others and still peddled by them - rather than correct them.   I find that very telling.

I don't see much difference between mistaken sceptics and mistaken supporters. The supporters misinterpret and misquote also without being corrected by their better-informed members.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

The problem is, supporters like to label sceptic theories with backup observations as myths but when it is beneficial to the McCanns those supporter
theories are labelled facts. Maybe we should call him them all theories.
I don't see many twitter trolls going out of their way to say "the McCanns sedated their children - THEORY!".  It is presented as fact.  Nor do I see many tweets from supporters saying "The McCanns did not sedate their children - FACT".

Offline G-Unit

Exactly right - which is why I started the thread about the issue of sedating the children having become a "fact" that goes unchallenged by those who really should know better.  It's obviously convenient for those with a "sceptic" agenda not to correct myths and the truth really is of little interest to such people.  It's a propaganda campaign pure and simple.  I think that makes these people trolls.

I have recently spent time correcting misconceptions about the SC judges ruling. Their words have been misunderstood and misquoted relentlessly. It may be that people don't understand them, it may be deliberate. Either way, without correction they could easily become supporter 'facts' and part of the propaganda campaign against the Portuguese judiciary.
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

I don't see many twitter trolls going out of their way to say "the McCanns sedated their children - THEORY!".  It is presented as fact.  Nor do I see many tweets from supporters saying "The McCanns did not sedate their children - FACT".

Then can I suggest you take your concerns up with the twitter trolls you mention and stop bringing them here?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

I have recently spent time correcting misconceptions about the SC judges ruling. Their words have been misunderstood and misquoted relentlessly. It may be that people don't understand them, it may be deliberate. Either way, without correction they could easily become supporter 'facts' and part of the propaganda campaign against the Portuguese judiciary.

What propaganda campaign against the judiciary?

Alfie

Shame you aren't quite as at pains to correct misconceptions on both sides of the argument then isn't it?  Or are you not bothered if some people think the McCanns actually did drug their children on holiday?

Alfie

Then can I suggest you take your concerns up with the twitter trolls you mention and stop bringing them here?
Oh sorry, who made you moderator?  I would suggest if you have a problem with discussion about twitter trolls on this forum you have a word with one of your colleagues and get this thread pulled, as the title of it is : "Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’

Offline Benice

Shame you aren't quite as at pains to correct misconceptions on both sides of the argument then isn't it?  Or are you not bothered if some people think the McCanns actually did drug their children on holiday?

not just drugged them, but have ADMITTED they drugged them.

(must go out now.)
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

I post only on here, so I deal only with what I see here. Some people believe the McCanns drugged their children but there's no evidence to support that belief. Some people believe the McCanns didn't drug their children, but there's no evidence to support that belief. As far as I'm concerned I don't know the answer so how can I correct either side?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

I post only on here, so I deal only with what I see here. Some people believe the McCanns drugged their children but there's no evidence to support that belief. Some people believe the McCanns didn't drug their children, but there's no evidence to support that belief. As far as I'm concerned I don't know the answer so how can I correct either side?
Because you know it has not been confirmed as a fact, that's how. 

Alfie

PS: what sort of evidence would you need to support the view that the McCanns DIDN'T drug their kids on holiday?

Offline G-Unit

Because you know it has not been confirmed as a fact, that's how.

Which I have done on here, where I post.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

Which I have done on here, where I post.
Then why ask how you can correct either side? I'd love a cite for that btw - you correcting a sceptic myth on this forum!