Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62015 times)

Offline G-Unit

Then why ask how you can correct either side? I'd love a cite for that btw - you correcting a sceptic myth on this forum!

Are there people on here stating as a fact that the McCanns sedated their children? I thought you wanted me to join twitter, facebook and various forums so I can correct all and sundry.  @)(++(*

My corrective posts do seem to be addressed to supporters because they are the ones I see posting opinion as if it was a fact; abduction, for example.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

Are there people on here stating as a fact that the McCanns sedated their children? I thought you wanted me to join twitter, facebook and various forums so I can correct all and sundry.  @)(++(*

My corrective posts do seem to be addressed to supporters because they are the ones I see posting opinion as if it was a fact; abduction, for example.
No I don't want you do do anything except stop pretending that you're balanced and fair-minded and unbiased.

Offline slartibartfast

No I don't want you do do anything except stop pretending that you're balanced and fair-minded and unbiased.

You confuse coming to a conclusion based on evidence with bias.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

You confuse coming to a conclusion based on evidence with bias.
No I don't.  Some people here have concluded that Madeleine died in a fall following sedation by her parents.  There is f..k-all evidence for this conclusion.  It's just a biased hunch.  Nothing more.

Offline slartibartfast

No I don't.  Some people here have concluded that Madeleine died in a fall following sedation by her parents.  There is f..k-all evidence for this conclusion.  It's just a biased hunch.  Nothing more.

No it isn't, it's one of many theories that can be supported by the indications in the case. Bias is ignoring indications and working purely on belief.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

No it isn't, it's one of many theories that can be supported by the indications in the case. Bias is ignoring indications and working purely on belief.
There is no evidence that the McCanns sedated their children and there is no evidence that Madeleine died in a fall - kindly desist from posting such utter nonsense.

Alfie

Depends on your definition of troll I suppose. Could you clarify what it means to you ?
Someone who posts deliberately provocative things such as "What Arrogance!  Are you sure you're not a McCann?  @)(++(* "

Offline Alice Purjorick

Depends on your definition of troll I suppose. Could you clarify what it means to you ?

I have asked this a few times over the last couple of days or so.
Someone didn't like it and gave me two warnings.... &%+((£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

I see. Now you realise that it's unrealistic to suggest I patrol the internet correcting misapprehensions as I go you have decided a personal attack is in order. I am not balanced or fair-minded; I'm biased, but I pretend otherwise. Once again you have managed to identify my 'real' intentions and beliefs (in your dreams).
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

A very astute post G.

The 'troll' agenda is now being almost exclusively driven by the McCanns and their 'friendly' churnalists.

There is no evidence to confirm there are vile trolls attacking the McCann family on a daily basis??? 

Does it not occur to you that the trolls themselves ... and nobody but the trolls ... are driving the troll agenda by the fact of their vile activities.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

I see. Now you realise that it's unrealistic to suggest I patrol the internet correcting misapprehensions as I go you have decided a personal attack is in order. I am not balanced or fair-minded; I'm biased, but I pretend otherwise. Once again you have managed to identify my 'real' intentions and beliefs (in your dreams).
Perhaps you could find the post where I suggested you should patrol the internet.  I have formed an opinion of you based on your posting history and it is very clear to me that you have a definite bias, surely you cannot disagree with this? 

Offline G-Unit

There is no evidence to confirm there are vile trolls attacking the McCann family on a daily basis??? 

Does it not occur to you that the trolls themselves ... and nobody but the trolls ... are driving the troll agenda by the fact of their vile activities.

There are people posting their opinions of the McCann case online every day. I have yet to see evidence that they are all 'vile trolls' and that their intention is to 'attack the McCann family'. That is a matter of opinion, not fact.
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

I think the McCanns, like many, many public figures have their share of twitter abuse. Unless it's threatening we rarely hear about it yet we hear about trolls attacking the McCanns week in, week out. Does the shame stop the trolls ? Of course not. Do the McCanns read it? We are told not. So what is the point of publicising it other than to elicit sympathy while subtly suggesting that all those who are sceptical of the McCanns story are somehow ' not in their right mind'?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

The problem is, supporters like to label sceptic theories with backup observations as myths but when it is beneficial to the McCanns those supporter
theories are labelled facts. Maybe we should call him them all theories.

Dr John Synott doesn't have a theory that the McCann family are under constant attack by abusers using the internet to do so.

He has carried out a study into internet abuse ... and based on information which the trolls have worked hard at putting into the public domain ... has discovered proof of ...

“Most trolling behaviour has a lifespan of a couple of days.

“This has gone on for ten years, and you cannot see it ever ending. That is the legacy of the McCann case.

“In the physical world there are repercussions. You couldn’t get away with saying these things in the street. But in the virtual world there are no consequences.”

He estimated there were between 100 and 150 abusive comments directed on Twitter, Facebook and online McCann message boards everyday.

Much of the abuse targets the parents as being responsible over the little girl’s disappearance.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3008845/madeleine-mccanns-parents-trolls-150-tweets-a-day/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

I think the McCanns, like many, many public figures have their share of twitter abuse. Unless it's threatening we rarely hear about it yet we hear about trolls attacking the McCanns week in, week out. Does the shame stop the trolls ? Of course not. Do the McCanns read it? We are told not. So what is the point of publicising it other than to elicit sympathy while subtly suggesting that all those who are sceptical of the McCanns story are somehow ' not in their right mind'?

It's an interesting subject.  And someone was going to do it one day.  It just happens to be now.