Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62025 times)

stephen25000

Then presumably you agree that the argument "The McCanns are not on social media" is beside the point?  Vile tweets are vile tweets and indefensible whether or not the person about whom the tweets are written see them or not.  Furthermore, such tweets can do harm to both a person's reputation and the way they are viewed by others, whether or not the person about whom the tweets are written see them or not.

The McCann's reputations Alfie, were already damaged by what happened in 2007.

Alfie

The McCann's reputations Alfie, were already damaged by what happened in 2007.
I agree, they were.  That does not however excuse the actions of those who seem not to have noticed that we're no longer in 2007, that in 10 years the McCanns have never been charged let alone found guilty of any crime.  Do the McCanns not deserve the opportunity to rebuild their reputations or have they not yet been reminded enough of their mistakes or how much some people seem to despise them,  in your view? 

stephen25000

I agree, they were.  That does not however excuse the actions of those who seem not to have noticed that we're no longer in 2007, that in 10 years the McCanns have never been charged let alone found guilty of any crime.  Do the McCanns not deserve the opportunity to rebuild their reputations or have they not yet been reminded enough of their mistakes or how much some people seem to despise them,  in your view?

It would start Alfie, if they actually admitted leaving their children the way they did , which was wrong and dangerous.

Likewise, blaming other people.

Alfie

It would start Alfie, if they actually admitted leaving their children the way they did , which was wrong and dangerous.

Likewise, blaming other people.
I'm not interested in getting into yet another circular argument about this.  Regardles of what the McCanns have or haven't done, or what you perceive they have and haven't done, t's time for everyone to move on IMO. The 10th anniversary is a good opportunity for people to let it lie and direct their energies into something more worthwhile.  Easier said than done I know because this is not just or even about the McCanns and what they've done, or about Madeleine, it's mainly about the argument between two sides and after 10 years it's become habit forming and it's difficult to walk away from.

stephen25000

I'm not interested in getting into yet another circular argument about this.  Regardles of what the McCanns have or haven't done, or what you perceive they have and haven't done, t's time for everyone to move on IMO. The 10th anniversary is a good opportunity for people to let it lie and direct their energies into something more worthwhile.  Easier said than done I know because this is not just or even about the McCanns and what they've done, or about Madeleine, it's mainly about the argument between two sides and after 10 years it's become habit forming and it's difficult to walk away from.

I do agree with your last sentence.

However, perception of the Mccanns would improve, if they stopped giving the impression that they have a right of entitlement to special treatment, and that is what they have had.

Offline faithlilly

Then presumably you agree that the argument "The McCanns are not on social media" is beside the point?  Vile tweets are vile tweets and indefensible whether or not the person about whom the tweets are written see them or not.  Furthermore, such tweets can do harm to both a person's reputation and the way they are viewed by others, whether or not the person about whom the tweets are written see them or not.

Define vile?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

That's a very sensible post but there's not much hope of it happening imo. What is achievable is sensible debate on this forum without name calling and point scoring.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

Define vile?
How about a tweet of a photograph of skeletal remains captioned "Madeleine McCann today"?  Or a photograph of the McCanns sitting in a restaurant taken without their permission or knowledge inviting people to visit the restaurant to verbally and physically abuse them?  Vile enough for you?

Offline faithlilly

How about a tweet of a photograph of skeletal remains captioned "Madeleine McCann today"?  Or a photograph of the McCanns sitting in a restaurant taken without their permission or knowledge inviting people to visit the restaurant to verbally and physically abuse them?  Vile enough for you?

I agree those tweets are vile but are they representative of most tweets?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

That's a very sensible post but there's not much hope of it happening imo. What is achievable is sensible debate on this forum without name calling and point scoring.
On the whole you set  a good standard.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

On the whole you set  a good standard.

Thank you Rob. You do too.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

SO what you are saying is you are looking for tweets to complain about, and bring this to the forum on the hope all the non believers can feel bad about being non believers. if not what is the point of this thread?

What you need to do is stop reading rubbish on tw..ter, to stop yourself from getting upset on behalf of others. Who don't have the app as we are told.

" Mummy My eye won't stop bleeding"   reply "Well child stop stabbing yourself in the eye with a sharp implement- it will soon stop darling"...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

SO what you are saying is you are looking for tweets to complain about, and bring this to the forum on the hope all the non believers can feel bad about being non believers. if not what is the point of this thread?

What you need to do is stop reading rubbish on tw..ter, to stop yourself from getting upset on behalf of others. Who don't have the app as we are told.

" Mummy My eye won't stop bleeding"   reply "Well child stop stabbing yourself in the eye with a sharp implement- it will soon stop darling"...

8@??)( 8@??)(
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Lots of excuses made when the truth is that these tweets should be condemned by all decent people
In truth I suppose they are

Alfie

This thread was not started by me.  I was asked for a definition of vile.  I stopped reading the #McCann regularly years ago.  Thanks for your advice, or should I say orders.  I am not upset on behalf of anyone.  I'm not even upset on behalf of myself.   Keep calm and carry on...