Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62043 times)

Offline Angelo222

Because the internet was not 'around' when Ben Needham disappeared.     If it had existed in the same way as it does in recent years the conspiracy theorists would have been having a field day from day one - which no doubt would have drawn in anyone who had any doubts about the fact that there was no evidence that Ben had been abducted - and that they only had the family's word for what happened.     

But I'm sure you already know that Faith. 

Even so, the Needham case has received a lot of publicity recently but doesn't engender the same vile comments as the McC's.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

The Needhams have not had a whole load of lies told about them by the detective who led the search for Ben....the mcCanns critics actually believe the McCanns are guilty based on the rubbish they have read...it really is that simple

have the needhams had to sue newspapers for defamatory stories....no

Some people don't attract suspicion, some do. The McCanns managed to raise suspicions during the investigation and those suspicions have never been allayed.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

Are those all good reasons for writing abusive tweets about the McCanns accusing them of all sorts in your view then?  Because one mother of a missing child is as pure as the driven snow (actually perhaps you should read Kerry's book for the full sp on that) and the other was once (but no longer) a suspect in their child's disappearance then the latter deserve to be the victim of a hate campaign, is that your reasoning?

I don't think the Needhams were ever official suspects unlike the McCanns?

Could it also be the case that the British public don't take kindly to the parents of a missing kid publishing unflattering comments about ordinary policemen whose only crime was doing their job?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Some people don't attract suspicion, some do. The McCanns managed to raise suspicions during the investigation and those suspicions have never been allayed.

Not to mention the entire Metodo3 Correia conspiracy which I hope Amaral chooses to expose in full in his third book.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

I don't think the Needhams were ever official suspects unlike the McCanns?

Could it also be the case that the British public don't take kindly to the parents of a missing kid publishing unflattering comments about ordinary policemen whose only crime was doing their job?
No, I don't think it's that  @)(++(*. I wasn't aware that the GBP generally had a huge amount of respect for foreign ex-policemen with criminal records.

Offline Benice

IM
« Reply #515 on: April 02, 2017, 11:06:08 AM »
But the internet is around now Benice and Ben still hasn't been found so why is Kerry held in such high regard while the McCanns inspire such 'vileness' ?

Because the conspiracy theorists etc etc get all the enjoyment they need out of being vile to the McCanns  - and a similar group of people  was not able to get established via the internet when Ben disappeared .     If it had been possible then IMO Ben's family would have received exactly the same vile treatment as the McCanns have.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

No, instead they have been stoked by an ex-cop with a grudge, and his acolytes beavering away 24/7 to recruit more and more sceptics to the cause in a quite deliberate crusade.

Alfie

I seem to recall both Denise Bulger and Sara Payne being on the receiving end of vile social media abuse, the latter so much so that she had to close here twitter account.  Why was that then?

Alfie

Offline ShiningInLuz

Sara Payne received a decade of abuse in twitter

http://news.sky.com/story/sara-payne-quits-twitter-after-decade-of-abuse-10382165
I am not au fait with the Sarah Payne case, so my 'knowledge' is restricted to that in the link you gave.

Presumably the offensive tweets came from those who consider Mrs Payne had committed some sort of 'crime' or other, or simply because the writers enjoyed inflicting pain.

Whichever it may be, it shows that the McCanns are not alone in being on the receiving end of nasty tweets.  Unfortunately it would seem to be 'normal' behaviour for some, with the only solution being to ignore social media.  Which I believe is what the McCanns do - ignore social media.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

I am not au fait with the Sarah Payne case, so my 'knowledge' is restricted to that in the link you gave.

Presumably the offensive tweets came from those who consider Mrs Payne had committed some sort of 'crime' or other, or simply because the writers enjoyed inflicting pain.

Whichever it may be, it shows that the McCanns are not alone in being on the receiving end of nasty tweets.  Unfortunately it would seem to be 'normal' behaviour for some, with the only solution being to ignore social media.  Which I believe is what the McCanns do - ignore social media.

its not the only solution.....another solution is to let people know that their behaviour is unnacceptable...its a form of bullying which should not be tolerated otherwise it will be accepted as the norm....we should never turn a blind eye to bullying...I'm sure you agree

Offline ShiningInLuz

its not the only solution.....another solution is to let people know that their behaviour is unnacceptable...its a form of bullying which should not be tolerated otherwise it will be accepted as the norm....we should never turn a blind eye to bullying...I'm sure you agree
Unless they read them and respond to them, I don't see how they can complain about them or correct or warn the worst offenders.

The last time someone compiled a twitter dossier, the outcome was serious, was it not.

I do not follow twitter, therefore I cannot verify the accuracy of the '150 vile tweets a day' claim.  What I do know is that even with a group of about half a dozen moderators, moderating this forum takes a good deal of time and effort, and I would not characterise many posts on here as being 'vile'.

I would have thought the McCann support team would be able to identify the worst offenders, compile a dossier of the worst offences, and request action from Twitter to censure these people.

Unless the original story is blx, and by that I mean less than 1% of tweets are offensive, then Team McCann should request that Twitter monitors the McCann hashtag themselves.  So the first step is getting some accuracy in the figures, not relying on The Sun reporting.

What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

Unless they read them and respond to them, I don't see how they can complain about them or correct or warn the worst offenders.

The last time someone compiled a twitter dossier, the outcome was serious, was it not.

I do not follow twitter, therefore I cannot verify the accuracy of the '150 vile tweets a day' claim.  What I do know is that even with a group of about half a dozen moderators, moderating this forum takes a good deal of time and effort, and I would not characterise many posts on here as being 'vile'.

I would have thought the McCann support team would be able to identify the worst offenders, compile a dossier of the worst offences, and request action from Twitter to censure these people.

Unless the original story is blx, and by that I mean less than 1% of tweets are offensive, then Team McCann should request that Twitter monitors the McCann hashtag themselves.  So the first step is getting some accuracy in the figures, not relying on The Sun reporting.

One wonders how many people take the trouble to respond to Sun newspaper articles which refer to the McCann family ... and how many of those are less than kindly disposed towards them?

That might give reporters an edge in their ability to quantify numbers.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

Twitter really doesn't give a shit tbh and certainly isn't going to employ people to monitor the McCann hashtag.

Alfie

the 150 abusive tweets claim came from an impartial study on the phenomenon of abuse on twitter, specificslly with reference to the McCann hashtag.  If you wish to dispute the claims made by those learned individuals it is incumbent on you to provide a rebuttal to their claims, or accept it as fact.  Your choice.