Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62045 times)

Offline Mr Gray

I don't think the Needhams were ever official suspects unlike the McCanns?

Could it also be the case that the British public don't take kindly to the parents of a missing kid publishing unflattering comments about ordinary policemen whose only crime was doing their job?

I think you will find the grandmother was interviewed as a suspect....which of course is normal practice...

there has been a lot of lies told by the police officers in question relating to this case....that is more relevant

Then of course we have the files...were there any alleged inconsistencies in the needhams statements....we dont know

and of course lies told by posters on forums such as this
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:28:28 PM by davel »

Offline G-Unit

Unless they read them and respond to them, I don't see how they can complain about them or correct or warn the worst offenders.

The last time someone compiled a twitter dossier, the outcome was serious, was it not.

I do not follow twitter, therefore I cannot verify the accuracy of the '150 vile tweets a day' claim.  What I do know is that even with a group of about half a dozen moderators, moderating this forum takes a good deal of time and effort, and I would not characterise many posts on here as being 'vile'.

I would have thought the McCann support team would be able to identify the worst offenders, compile a dossier of the worst offences, and request action from Twitter to censure these people.

Unless the original story is blx, and by that I mean less than 1% of tweets are offensive, then Team McCann should request that Twitter monitors the McCann hashtag themselves.  So the first step is getting some accuracy in the figures, not relying on The Sun reporting.

It all depends on how sensitive you are. 'Vile' appears to be being defined as 'anything relating to the McCanns'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

No, I don't think it's that  @)(++(*. I wasn't aware that the GBP generally had a huge amount of respect for foreign ex-policemen with criminal records.

Well the GoFundMe appeal proved you wrong there. The comments on the newspaper stories lately too. It seems a lot of people prefer him to a doctor and a 'resting' doctor with no criminal records.
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

Well the GoFundMe appeal proved you wrong there. The comments on the newspaper stories lately too. It seems a lot of people prefer him to a doctor and a 'resting' doctor with no criminal records.

The PJGA page is absolutely overflowing with congratulatory messages for the main man following his "victory". @)(++(*.
I think support for him from the GBP may have been more about a means to hurt the McCanns & rather less about support for the man himself. JMO.

Alfie

What percentage of the GBP do you think donated to his fund?  As for his online fanclub, yes we know there are dozens, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  IT would be like me saying the GBP support the McCanns because they made Kate's book a bestseller, donated large amounts to the fund and they have half a million followers on facebook.  I'm sure you would outright reject this notion.

Offline ShiningInLuz

the 150 abusive tweets claim came from an impartial study on the phenomenon of abuse on twitter, specificslly with reference to the McCann hashtag.  If you wish to dispute the claims made by those learned individuals it is incumbent on you to provide a rebuttal to their claims, or accept it as fact.  Your choice.
I have no need whatsoever to accept this claim, nor to rebut it, as I am sure you are aware.

What has been published on-line about the actual study does not AFAIK claim 150 as a daily total, nor does it define how it classifies tweets as 'vile'.  I can't remember if it even uses the word 'vile'.

The '150 vile tweets a day' from memory, originates from The Sun, a newspaper not known for factual, accurate reporting.

Consequently, if YOU wish to claim '150 vile tweets a day' as an established fact straight from the scientists' report, it is up to YOU to provide evidence of YOUR assertion.  Presumably you have the word they actually used, which would equate to 'vile', and the methodology used, which would be enlightening.  Oh, and the total number of tweets/day used the hashtag they were examining.  The devil is in the detail.
What's up, old man?

Alfie

I have no need whatsoever to accept this claim, nor to rebut it, as I am sure you are aware.

What has been published on-line about the actual study does not AFAIK claim 150 as a daily total, nor does it define how it classifies tweets as 'vile'.  I can't remember if it even uses the word 'vile'.

The '150 vile tweets a day' from memory, originates from The Sun, a newspaper not known for factual, accurate reporting.

Consequently, if YOU wish to claim '150 vile tweets a day' as an established fact straight from the scientists' report, it is up to YOU to provide evidence of YOUR assertion.  Presumably you have the word they actually used, which would equate to 'vile', and the methodology used, which would be enlightening.  Oh, and the total number of tweets/day used the hashtag they were examining.  The devil is in the detail.
It's all in their report - I suggest you read it if you're genuinely interested (which I strongly suspect you are not).

Offline valeria

I don't think the Needhams were ever official suspects unlike the McCanns?

Could it also be the case that the British public don't take kindly to the parents of a missing kid publishing unflattering comments about ordinary policemen whose only crime was doing their job?
Needhams involvement in the disappearance of Ben was considered by the police. kerry herself has said this. In Greece there is not the status of "arguido". If the detectives have suspects in mind never say their names unless they can produce evidence that will stand up in a court of law.
Kerry Needham has expressed her displeasure with greek's police behavior.
In her book "Ben" says that police first wanted to look at the family and that they accuse her brother of accidentally killing Ben. They suspected even Ben's father of taking him.
Fortunately, none of these detectives wrote a book about these theories.

Offline Mr Gray

Unless they read them and respond to them, I don't see how they can complain about them or correct or warn the worst offenders.

The last time someone compiled a twitter dossier, the outcome was serious, was it not.

I do not follow twitter, therefore I cannot verify the accuracy of the '150 vile tweets a day' claim.  What I do know is that even with a group of about half a dozen moderators, moderating this forum takes a good deal of time and effort, and I would not characterise many posts on here as being 'vile'.

I would have thought the McCann support team would be able to identify the worst offenders, compile a dossier of the worst offences, and request action from Twitter to censure these people.

Unless the original story is blx, and by that I mean less than 1% of tweets are offensive, then Team McCann should request that Twitter monitors the McCann hashtag themselves.  So the first step is getting some accuracy in the figures, not relying on The Sun reporting.

its bullying pure and simple....and by not condemnining it you are supporting bullying...well done

Offline G-Unit

its bullying pure and simple....and by not condemnining it you are supporting bullying...well done

I have seen some nasty posts about Amaral and Grime. Do you condemn them?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

posts where and saying what

stephen25000

The irony of someone referring to bullying, when he himself has bullied people on here and used extremely derogatory terms towards others, is beyond hypocrisy.

Offline Mr Gray

The irony of someone referring to bullying, when he himself has bullied people on here and used extremely derogatory terms towards others, is beyond hypocrisy.

no hypocrisy....I am standing up to the bullies and like all bullies...when someone stands up to them they start to cry

Offline G-Unit

posts where and saying what

On this forum and if you haven't seen them you must have very selective eyesight.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

On this forum and if you haven't seen them you must have very selective eyesight.

so is saying amaral is a convicted criminal vile or nasty or fair comment.
I have seen nothing vile about grime. anything directed at either is similar to what you and others have said about SY.
angelo referred to the mccanns as shit parents....sil referred to maddie as a pain in the arse....it is you who has selective eyesight