Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62032 times)

Alfie

On this forum and if you haven't seen them you must have very selective eyesight.
Please don't try and pretend that "some nasty posts" about Amaral and Grime on this forum are anything like the scale of what this study has been looking at regarding the vitriol and bile posted about the McCanns.  That's an insult to to the intelligence, frankly. 

Offline Mr Gray

On this forum and if you haven't seen them you must have very selective eyesight.

one of yours regarding redwood..

' will be greeted with the same hilarity that Redwood encountered with his rather pathetic narrative about 'crecheman'.

Offline ShiningInLuz

It's all in their report - I suggest you read it if you're genuinely interested (which I strongly suspect you are not).
The only way you can assert this is if you have purchased and read the report.

Since you haven't provided the pertinent details, it is safe to assume you have not.

Therefore an unverified claim peddled as fact.

Game over.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

its bullying pure and simple....and by not condemnining it you are supporting bullying...well done
Hardly bullying if the McCanns don't read it.

I don't see the need to support your assertion/opinion until basic facts are established.  Since you too are making claims without the facts, you are simply playing an emotion game.

Either produce the relevant facts, or it's game over.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

What is blatantly obvious, is that certain parties only have sympathy for the McCann's, and won't accept it happens to others, unless of course it suits their agenda.

Meanwhile, some have repeatedly abused other posters on here, and when getting a taste of their own medicine, immediately run to the mods. A true sign of a bully.

I wonder how many  former posters on here have departed for that reason. &%+((£

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:35:25 PM by stephen25000 »

Alfie

The only way you can assert this is if you have purchased and read the report.

Since you haven't provided the pertinent details, it is safe to assume you have not.

Therefore an unverified claim peddled as fact.

Game over.
I have read the whole report actually.  It makes no mention of '150 vile tweets a day'.  The newspaper in question has taken an estimate provided by the author of the report given to the paper of the number of abusive comments made about the McCanns on a daily basis across various social media platforms, not just twitter and turned it into an attention grabbing headline.  It's his estimate based on the work he and his colleagues undertook over a six week period.    If you wish to disbelieve the author's estimate or the work he and his colleagues did on the subject then that's entirely up to you.  I've no interest in what you believe or in trying to convince you that the McCanns are the subject of a huge amount of online abuse on a daily basis.  I know what I know, and I know I'm right, that is all.  8(>((

Offline ShiningInLuz

no hypocrisy....I am standing up to the bullies and like all bullies...when someone stands up to them they start to cry
The only way anyone could do that is by being on Twitter, reading the McCann hashtag stream, and responding to your so-called bullies.

Have you been doing that?  Is this just hot air?

Enlighten us to which bullies you have made cry.
What's up, old man?

Alfie

One thing the report on abuse didn't touch on is the way the trolls like to link the McCann case to other high profile news stories (particularly ones involving high profile paedos or suspected paedos) - they do this by attaching #McCann to these stories in the hope presumably of boosting retweets and reaching a wider audience and getting #McCann trending.  I can't think why else tweets like this abound:

Canine Truth‏ @K9Truth  8h8 hours ago
More
 Special Branch repeatedly covered up Cyril Smith's abuse of children
#McCann #Gamble

Canine Truth‏ @K9Truth  19h19 hours ago
More
 'Police gunman told me to ignore paedophiles’, says ex-child protection officer
#McCann

Alfie

Mr B☜‏ @therealstevieb  10m10 minutes ago
More
Replying to @lindaweryhur @S100Maggie
Paedophilia is clearly something that governments wordwide aren't too bothered about ending #mccann #pizzagate

Alfie

Will the mods give me permission to post 150 abusive tweets about the McCanns here in a 24 hour period?

Offline ShiningInLuz

I have read the whole report actually.  It makes no mention of '150 vile tweets a day'.  The newspaper in question has taken an estimate provided by the author of the report given to the paper of the number of abusive comments made about the McCanns on a daily basis across various social media platforms, not just twitter and turned it into an attention grabbing headline.  It's his estimate based on the work he and his colleagues undertook over a six week period.    If you wish to disbelieve the author's estimate or the work he and his colleagues did on the subject then that's entirely up to you.  I've no interest in what you believe or in trying to convince you that the McCanns are the subject of a huge amount of online abuse on a daily basis.  I know what I know, and I know I'm right, that is all.  8(>((
If you have read the whole report you will be able to answer very simple questions about it.

Which social media did the team monitor?

What was their methodology for classifying a message as abusive?

What was the total number of social media messages per day, relating to the McCanns?

What was the total number per day classified as abusive, according to the report?

Surely in a thread about The Sun's sensational assertion, a few facts would not go astray.

Don't be shy Alfie.  Get your copy out and enlighten us.  Or point us at somewhere we can read it for ourselves.

The alternative is 'trust me, I'm Alfie, and I say it is thus'.
What's up, old man?

Alfie

If you have read the whole report you will be able to answer very simple questions about it.

Which social media did the team monitor?

What was their methodology for classifying a message as abusive?

What was the total number of social media messages per day, relating to the McCanns?

What was the total number per day classified as abusive, according to the report?

Surely in a thread about The Sun's sensational assertion, a few facts would not go astray.

Don't be shy Alfie.  Get your copy out and enlighten us.  Or point us at somewhere we can read it for ourselves.

The alternative is 'trust me, I'm Alfie, and I say it is thus'.
Why do I feel like it is me that is being bullied now?  Your mocking tone in your last two sentences is very close to bullying IMO, as is the barrage of questions - I am not here for your interrogation.  I have already said I don't care if you believe me or not, don't trust me, don't trust a word I say, that's really fine by me.

So, I suggest that if you really want answers to your questions (and I don't really think you are being that sincere in wanting to know) get your money out and pay for the report yourself, alternatively have a scout around one of the McCann hate forums, I'm sure someone on one of those has probably breached copyright and c & p'ed the whole report for your perusal.   8((()*/

Offline G-Unit

Why do I feel like it is me that is being bullied now?  Your mocking tone in your last two sentences is very close to bullying IMO, as is the barrage of questions - I am not here for your interrogation.  I have already said I don't care if you believe me or not, don't trust me, don't trust a word I say, that's really fine by me.

So, I suggest that if you really want answers to your questions (and I don't really think you are being that sincere in wanting to know) get your money out and pay for the report yourself, alternatively have a scout around one of the McCann hate forums, I'm sure someone on one of those has probably breached copyright and c & p'ed the whole report for your perusal.   8((()*/

Of course you realised when you bought the report that it isn't available to cut and paste unless you pay first?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Of course you realised when you bought the report that it isn't available to cut and paste unless you pay first?

The problem there is that there is no ambiguity about copyright laws and they are easy to enforce.  I believe Al Capone did time for tax evasion ... vile trolls might find that while they appear to be able to abuse the family of a missing child with apparent impunity ... copyright owners may have more protection under the law.

Al Capone in our yesterdays ... abusive trolls today??
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

What point are you trying to make?