Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62031 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Why do I feel like it is me that is being bullied now?  Your mocking tone in your last two sentences is very close to bullying IMO, as is the barrage of questions - I am not here for your interrogation.  I have already said I don't care if you believe me or not, don't trust me, don't trust a word I say, that's really fine by me.

So, I suggest that if you really want answers to your questions (and I don't really think you are being that sincere in wanting to know) get your money out and pay for the report yourself, alternatively have a scout around one of the McCann hate forums, I'm sure someone on one of those has probably breached copyright and c & p'ed the whole report for your perusal.   8((()*/
100% cop out.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

The problem there is that there is no ambiguity about copyright laws and they are easy to enforce.  I believe Al Capone did time for tax evasion ... vile trolls might find that while they appear to be able to abuse the family of a missing child with apparent impunity ... copyright owners may have more protection under the law.

Al Capone in our yesterdays ... abusive trolls today??
I wasn't asking for cut and paste, or breach of copyright.

The report says X.  Alfie says he has a copy.  The Sun says Y.  Alfie expects us to accept The Sun version despite himself alleging it is inaccurate.

Alfie was requested to clarify and enlighten.  Alfie declined.

The original study got past peer review before publication.  It is therefore more reliable than The Sun.

If Alfie chooses to claim rather than explain, it is a matter for Alfie's conscience.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

The problem there is that there is no ambiguity about copyright laws and they are easy to enforce.  I believe Al Capone did time for tax evasion ... vile trolls might find that while they appear to be able to abuse the family of a missing child with apparent impunity ... copyright owners may have more protection under the law.

Al Capone in our yesterdays ... abusive trolls today??

Spot the difference between tax evasion and copyright infringement.
Tax easion is a criminal offence. Copyright infringement is a civil offence except in special and infrequent cases.
Vile trolls with Thompson guns wow.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

No matter how some McCann supporters may complain, other people will have different views, no matter how distasteful.

Now since the McCann's don't use social media, not that we know that actually is true. How would they know about these '150 per day tweets' ?

Perhaps you can explain that with a logical answer .
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:33:41 PM by John »

Offline jassi

No matter how some McCann supporters may complain, other people will have different views, no matter how distasteful.

Now since the McCann's don't use social media, not that we know that actually is true. How would they know about these '150 per day tweets' ?

Perhaps you can explain that with a logical answer .

They have friends who feel it their duty to tell them in every last detail.  8(0(*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:35:54 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

They have friends who feel it their duty to tell them in every last detail.  8(0(*

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

8(0(*

Offline misty

Each option implies the McCanns were rubbish doctors/parents.
As to the last option - golden rule of parenting:- never ever criticise another person's child either directly or indirectly.

stephen25000

Each option implies the McCanns were rubbish doctors/parents.
As to the last option - golden rule of parenting:- never ever criticise another person's child either directly or indirectly.

Where's Madeleine ?

Offline Robittybob1

Where's Madeleine ?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

Where's Madeleine ?

The offensive tweets & remarks are not directed at Madeleine.

stephen25000

The offensive tweets & remarks are not directed at Madeleine.

The McCann's don't have twitter Misty.

So, can you please explain how they can receive tweets, when they don't have twitter accounts ?

I presume you understand the concept of mutually exclusive events.

Offline misty

The McCann's don't have twitter Misty.

So, can you please explain how they can receive tweets, when they don't have twitter accounts ?

I presume you understand the concept of mutually exclusive events.

The parents' friends use social media. Their children no doubt use social media, as do the twins' friends. Do you think the relentless attacks on the McCanns have changed people's perception of their family life? If the twins are taunted & bullied, is it right that they should doubt their parents because of the lies on social media? Mud sticks.

stephen25000

The parents' friends use social media. Their children no doubt use social media, as do the twins' friends. Do you think the relentless attacks on the McCanns have changed people's perception of their family life? If the twins are taunted & bullied, is it right that they should doubt their parents because of the lies on social media? Mud sticks.

How do you know if their children use social media ?

Why don't you blame the two people who instigated this case ?

Offline misty

How do you know if their children use social media ?

Why don't you blame the two people who instigated this case ?

In this day & age, it would be uncool for a child not to be using social media. All the children on that holiday are either at high school or due to start soon.

I blame the person/people who took Madeleine away from her family. It's a shame after 10 years you seem blinded by prejudice.

Alfie

I wasn't asking for cut and paste, or breach of copyright.

The report says X.  Alfie says he has a copy.  The Sun says Y.  Alfie expects us to accept The Sun version despite himself alleging it is inaccurate.

Alfie was requested to clarify and enlighten.  Alfie declined.

The original study got past peer review before publication.  It is therefore more reliable than The Sun.

If Alfie chooses to claim rather than explain, it is a matter for Alfie's conscience.
Your talking absolute nonsense.  I have expected you to accept the Sun version?  I explicitly stated the Sun used sensationalist headlines and that the report was about social media posts, not just twitter.  The word "vile" was not used.  You then asked for chapter and verse on the report and I told you to do your own research and find and read the report yourself.  My conscience is 100% clear, I am not here to play games or jump to your tune.