Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62016 times)

stephen25000

It's reassuring to know though that police do take death threats online seriously, even if the threat turned out to be a "joke" don't you agree?  Perhaps they wouldn't have bothered if the police weren't aware of the huge and hateful campaign against the McCanns which has been going on for years, but clearly they are and clearly threats of this nature should be taken seriously as quite obviously some of those involved in the hate campaign are "not the full shilling" and included convicted violent criminals amongst their number.

These people would have been checked out Alfie.

Offline faithlilly

What percentage of the GBP do you think donated to his fund?  As for his online fanclub, yes we know there are dozens, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  IT would be like me saying the GBP support the McCanns because they made Kate's book a bestseller, donated large amounts to the fund and they have half a million followers on facebook.  I'm sure you would outright reject this notion.

But that is exactly what you claim.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

But that is exactly what you claim.
Exactly WHAT do I claim, with cites please.

Offline Robittybob1

I have seen no mocking of disabled people on this site
If you are going to make such accusations you need to provide a cite
we are getting rather PC now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

Exactly WHAT do I claim, with cites please.

So you haven't claimed in the past that the GBP support the McCanns because they made Kate's book a bestseller, donated large amounts to the fund and they have half a million followers ?

Okay dokey I must have got that wrong. I thought you thought the McCanns still enjoyed great support.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

we are getting rather PC now.

It's a total lie

Alfie

So you haven't claimed in the past that the GBP support the McCanns because they made Kate's book a bestseller, donated large amounts to the fund and they have half a million followers ?

Okay dokey I must have got that wrong. I thought you thought the McCanns still enjoyed great support.
Yes they do enjoy great support amongst the GBP, how to quantify that as a percentage is impossible and it would be wrong to say that "the GBP support the McCanns", as it would be wrong to say t"he GBP support Amaral", however if we want to get into a pissing contest, the support for the former clearly outweighs support for the latter if you look at donations, sales and facebook followings over the last 10 years.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Yes they do enjoy great support amongst the GBP, how to quantify that as a percentage is impossible and it would be wrong to say that "the GBP support the McCanns", as it would be wrong to say t"he GBP support Amaral", however if we want to get into a pissing contest, the support for the former clearly outweighs support for the latter if you look at donations, sales and facebook followings over the last 10 years.

Who thinks that the level of donations to Sr Amaral is an accurate indicator, or indeed an indicator at all, of how people feel about the McCanns ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

Who thinks that the level of donations to Sr Amaral is an accurate indicator, or indeed an indicator at all, of how people feel about the McCanns ?

I don't think the two things are necessarily related at all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

I don't think the two things are necessarily related at all.
What?!

Alfie: I wasn't aware that the GBP generally had a huge amount of respect for foreign ex-policemen with criminal records.

G-Unit: Well the GoFundMe appeal proved you wrong there. The comments on the newspaper stories lately too. It seems a lot of people prefer him to a doctor and a 'resting' doctor with no criminal records.

You are clearly using the GoFundMe appeal as evidence that the GBP has a "huge amount of respect" for Amaral, changed your tune now haven't you?

Offline Robittybob1

GBP is that the Great Britain Police or something else?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

GBP is that the Great Britain Police or something else?

Great British Public, Rob (not so great after voting for Brexit, though).

Offline Robittybob1

Great British Public, Rob (not so great after voting for Brexit, though).
OK public.
Moderation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

It is no indicator, however it shows that NOT EVERONE hates Amaral.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:56:10 AM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

As a reminder, using and/reading twitter is purely voluntary.