Author Topic: Was Paxman correct, McCanns "collaborated with them when it was convenient"?  (Read 21527 times)

Offline Brietta

One was replying to a previous post about the McCanns 'pushing' their theory via the media. The cite to Neves evidence was to debunk the suggestion that the investigation only followed one theory. Does 'case investigator' mean 'case director'? In my opinion Encarnacao was in charge and made the decisions about what to investigate.

Neves didn't appear capable of imparting a great deal of information though.

Snip
SO – Have you any knowledge about how the "death" theory came about?
LN says there was no such theory in the beginning; he even remembers that Guilhermino Encarnação talked of abduction.
But with time this idea had to be contemplated. He says that Madeleine's parents were the first to talk of death.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2600.0

In my opinion the cite you chose exemplifies just a little of what Kate and Gerry were up against and why it became necessary for them to collaborate with the press in order to have anything at all done for Madeleine's case.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:39:20 PM by slartibartfast »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Neves didn't appear capable of imparting a great deal of information though.

Snip
SO – Have you any knowledge about how the "death" theory came about?
LN says there was no such theory in the beginning; he even remembers that Guilhermino Encarnação talked of abduction.
But with time this idea had to be contemplated. He says that Madeleine's parents were the first to talk of death.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2600.0

In my opinion the cite you chose exemplifies just a little of what Kate and Gerry were up against and why it became necessary for them to collaborate with the press in order to have anything at all done for Madeleine's case.

At what point did it become necessary to work with the press then? Before, during or after the police arrived?

She understood also that since the very beginning either Gerry or the others insisted on stating that Madeleine had been snatched, all using the word "abducted" instead of missing, and all showing much interest in informing the press of the situation.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

At what point did it become necessary to work with the press then? Before, during or after the police arrived?

She understood also that since the very beginning either Gerry or the others insisted on stating that Madeleine had been snatched, all using the word "abducted" instead of missing, and all showing much interest in informing the press of the situation.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

ASAP IMO...You will no doubt disagree...what does it matter

Offline Brietta

It certainly appears that the Deputy Director of the Policia Judiciaria has no doubt about the role played by Madeleine's parents and their use of the media in keeping her name in the public eye.

In my opinion he does not see it as a bad thing for them to have done.

Interviewer
Ten years on about the events at Praia da Luz, why do you think the case is still so much debated?

Pedro do Carmo
Firstly, there was a deliberate and legitimate effort on the part of the child's parents to keep the issue on the agenda of the media.
http://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/2017-05-03-Pedro-do-Carmo-Os-pais-de-Maddie-nao-sao-suspeitos.-Ponto-1#gs.ghbUeUg
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:01:13 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

If you mean what was the source used by the BBC detailing that Goncalo Amaral was the detective in charge of the inquiry and Paolo Rebelo was appointed to succeed him to take over the Portuguese inquiry ... that would be something you would have to take up with the BBC.

If you mean what was my source ... the link follows the quote I posted detailing that information.

BBC NEWS
Madeleine McCann inquiry timeline
24 October 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:46:48 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline slartibartfast

On topic please.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

From the Vanity Fayre interview with Gerry.

“It has in fact been so counterproductive that, as winter approached, Portuguese attorney general Fernando Pinto Monteiro suggested that one way or another the McCanns were responsible for their child’s death. Specifically he said that if indeed Madeleine had been kidnapped, it was the carefully contrived publicity engineered by her parents that likely sealed her fate. “With the whole world having Madeleine’s photo,” he observed, any abductor would have been pushed to such a degree that “there’s a greater probability of the little girl being dead than alive.”

Are we to infer by the above that the police were not in agreement with the McCanns actions?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

This is the same AG who ‘cleared’ the McCanns in the Archiving Report. Are you saying his opinion, based on vast experience, is flawed ?

Gerry admitted himself that their campaign could have harmed pushed the alleged abductor into harming Madeleine. The McCanns had neither the experience nor the professional police advice in order to publicise their child’s disappearance in the correct way. When a child is missing believing that you are doing the right thing, especially when desperate, is never a justification for making bad, amateur, decisions.

It must have been a nightmare for Amaral dealing with a group of medical doctors whose arrogance knew no bounds imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

It certainly appears that the Deputy Director of the Policia Judiciaria has no doubt about the role played by Madeleine's parents and their use of the media in keeping her name in the public eye.

In my opinion he does not see it as a bad thing for them to have done.

Interviewer
Ten years on about the events at Praia da Luz, why do you think the case is still so much debated?

Pedro do Carmo
Firstly, there was a deliberate and legitimate effort on the part of the child's parents to keep the issue on the agenda of the media.
http://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/2017-05-03-Pedro-do-Carmo-Os-pais-de-Maddie-nao-sao-suspeitos.-Ponto-1#gs.ghbUeUg
"Legitimate" basically means it was legal but does not imply it was the best thing to do.  So youy can have one PJ officer saying " there was a deliberate and legitimate effort on the part of the child's parents to keep the issue on the agenda of the media" and another official saying "that one way or another the McCanns were responsible for their child’s death. Specifically he said that if indeed Madeleine had been kidnapped, it was the carefully contrived publicity engineered by her parents that likely sealed her fate. “With the whole world having Madeleine’s photo,” he observed, any abductor would have been pushed to such a degree that “there’s a greater probability of the little girl being dead than alive".

That is not contradictory but one is pointing out the problem associated with the legitimate publicity.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

In my opinion they contain the same information. 

In my opinion the posters released by Madeleine's parents are more memorable than those released by the PJ.

No-one appears to pay much attention to the original PJ release if they even remember it. 

In my opinion most people recognise those released by her parents immediately ... and in my opinion it is a 'marketing brand' the press have adopted seamlessly ... which is why Madeleine's name is still prominently out there and in the lack of further information about how to keep a missing person's information in the public eye that is a bit of an achievement.

Maddie's high profile in the press has had more to do with litigation aimed at protecting the McCanns good name that it has had to do with anything else imo.  Funds have been continually squandered on failed legal actions and even now an application to the ECHR which has absolutely nothing to do with finding Maddie but everything to do with pursuing a vendetta against a State which they blame for their woes instead of recognising that what occurred eleven years ago was down to their own rank stupidity and poor parenting skills.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:13:17 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

In my opinion the thread exists because you were of the opinion that "Gerry McCann had a meltdown" when interviewed by Paxman.

In my opinion your perception of the event is flawed as there is no evidence of such an alleged "meltdown" in what was a measured and reasoned exchange by interviewed and interviewer.

Do you think that was a smile?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

A wry one at that!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

Maddie's high profile in the press has had more to do with litigation aimed at protecting the McCanns good name that it has had to do with anything else imo.  Funds have been continually squandered on failed legal actions and even now an application to the ECHR which has absolutely nothing to do with finding Maddie but everything to do with pursuing a vendetta against a State which they blame for their woes instead of recognising that what occurred eleven years ago was down to their own rank stupidity and poor parenting skills.
If GA claimed in his book "that what occurred eleven years ago was down to their own rank stupidity and poor parenting skills"  I'm sure the McCanns would have accepted that criticism but it went further than that when he wrote stuff blaming the parents and friends in a deliberate criminal act of disposing of the body, well that is my impression at the moment.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Whatever it was it was hardly what we would call a meltdown.

Unless your description of "meltdown" includes the way chocolate goes soft when left in the sun.

Meltdown definition:
meltdown

noun
a disastrous collapse or breakdown.
"the global financial system suffered a major meltdown"
an accident in a nuclear reactor in which the fuel overheats and melts the reactor core or shielding.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

If GA claimed in his book "that what occurred eleven years ago was down to their own rank stupidity and poor parenting skills"  I'm sure the McCanns would have accepted that criticism but it went further than that when he wrote stuff blaming the parents and friends in a deliberate criminal act of disposing of the body, well that is my impression at the moment.

And off topic.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:08:38 PM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.