Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465043 times)

Offline Anthro

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #7740 on: February 24, 2020, 07:20:00 PM »
I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Kate and Gerry's acceptance of Danie Krugel's offer of help was claimed by Amaral to have been one of the first things to raise PJ suspicions against them.

Which totally failed to take account of the fact that as well as claiming to be able to find dead people, Krugel also claimed to have helped many families to trace missing relatives who were very much alive.
Which is what motivated Kate and Gerry to use him ... if Madeleine was alive ~ they desperately wanted to have her found.
Yes, Brietta. Krugel indirectly mobilised the dogs.

Offline The General

« Reply #7741 on: February 24, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »
Yes, Brietta. Krugel indirectly mobilised the dogs.
Mark Harrison thought Krugel's machine was dope.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline misty

« Reply #7742 on: February 24, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »

https://www.portugalresident.com/judicial-uproar-as-investigation-suggests-system-of-allocating-cases-is-rigged-and-open-to-corruption/

Judicial uproar as investigation suggests system of allocating cases is rigged, and open to corruption
By Natasha Donn -24th February 2020

Judges at Lisbon’s Court of Appeal are in an embarrassing spotlight this week as a journalistic investigation suggests the way cases are allocated has been manipulated, so that specific judges get specific cases – and can then deal with them in a specific way. The story came to light against the backdrop of a tabloid, absolved of wrong-doing in a lower court, then ‘condemned’ in the Court of Appeal.

The paper, Correio da Manhã (the country’s best selling tabloid) was then later found ‘not guilty’ once again by the Supreme Court, and the ‘judge’ it had ostensibly wronged was ordered to pay damages.

The judge in question was Rui Rangel, currently banned from presiding over a courtroom following an investigation into corruption within the world of football (Operation Lex click here).

It is now widely inferred that Rangel was aided by the former president of the Court of Appeal Luís Vaz Neves, and at least one other judge (possibly two) as well as a court clerk.

Damning evidence was leaked to TVI24 (television station) via Europol, claims the station, which published a purported text-conversation between Rangel and Vaz Neves, in which the former asked the latter to ‘control the situation’ regarding the allocation of the Correio da Manhã case.

Says Expresso, the judges’ syndicate and Portugal’s Law Society have asked for an ‘urgent review’ and ‘assurances’ on the way cases are distributed to judges at Lisbon’s Court of Appeal.

Judges told the paper: “Citizens cannot have doubts on the impartiality of their courts nor on the integrity of those who work in them”.

===================================================

Rui Rangel, pictured with Goncalo Amaral.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7743 on: February 24, 2020, 10:28:32 PM »
A lady from an apartment across Rua Dr Gentil Martins, overlooking our little side gate, came over to speak to us. She said that the previous night she had seen a car going up the Rocha Negra – the black, volcanic cliff that dominates the village. There was a track leading to the Rocha Negra but nobody remembered ever having noticed any vehicle that far up in the daytime, let alone at night. This immediately conjured visions of Madeleine being disposed of somewhere on the overhanging cliff. I went to tell one of the police officers who was able to speak a little English. He was quite dismissive. It would have been one of the GNR men checking the area, he said. [madeleine]

What time was the car seen?
If it was on the track it had climbed to the top, leaving the road. Is that what the woman said, rather than 'going up'?
Who was asked about cars in the daytime?
Why did Kate 'immediately' think of Madeleine being disposed of on the cliff?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7744 on: February 24, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
A lady from an apartment across Rua Dr Gentil Martins, overlooking our little side gate, came over to speak to us. She said that the previous night she had seen a car going up the Rocha Negra – the black, volcanic cliff that dominates the village. There was a track leading to the Rocha Negra but nobody remembered ever having noticed any vehicle that far up in the daytime, let alone at night. This immediately conjured visions of Madeleine being disposed of somewhere on the overhanging cliff. I went to tell one of the police officers who was able to speak a little English. He was quite dismissive. It would have been one of the GNR men checking the area, he said. [madeleine]

What time was the car seen?
If it was on the track it had climbed to the top, leaving the road. Is that what the woman said, rather than 'going up'?
Who was asked about cars in the daytime?
Why did Kate 'immediately' think of Madeleine being disposed of on the cliff?
Why wouldn’t she?  She was convinced her daughter had been abducted. Children that are abducted by strangers often end up dead. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7745 on: February 24, 2020, 10:39:28 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/judicial-uproar-as-investigation-suggests-system-of-allocating-cases-is-rigged-and-open-to-corruption/

Judicial uproar as investigation suggests system of allocating cases is rigged, and open to corruption

Judges at Lisbon’s Court of Appeal are in an embarrassing spotlight this week as a journalistic investigation suggests the way cases are allocated has been manipulated, so that specific judges get specific cases – and can then deal with them in a specific way. The story came to light against the backdrop of a tabloid, absolved of wrong-doing in a lower court, then ‘condemned’ in the Court of Appeal.

The paper, Correio da Manhã (the country’s best selling tabloid) was then later found ‘not guilty’ once again by the Supreme Court, and the ‘judge’ it had ostensibly wronged was ordered to pay damages.

The judge in question was Rui Rangel, currently banned from presiding over a courtroom following an investigation into corruption within the world of football (Operation Lex click here).

It is now widely inferred that Rangel was aided by the former president of the Court of Appeal Luís Vaz Neves, and at least one other judge (possibly two) as well as a court clerk.

Damning evidence was leaked to TVI24 (television station) via Europol, claims the station, which published a purported text-conversation between Rangel and Vaz Neves, in which the former asked the latter to ‘control the situation’ regarding the allocation of the Correio da Manhã case.

Says Expresso, the judges’ syndicate and Portugal’s Law Society have asked for an ‘urgent review’ and ‘assurances’ on the way cases are distributed to judges at Lisbon’s Court of Appeal.

Judges told the paper: “Citizens cannot have doubts on the impartiality of their courts nor on the integrity of those who work in them”.

I have long suspected this.

Offline misty

« Reply #7746 on: February 24, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »
I have long suspected this.
There are some rotten apples who have tainted Portuguese judicial & political systems.
A Portuguese case decision in ECHR is due to be published this week. Part of it relates to the Appeal Court overturning a "cleared" verdict in the lower criminal court.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7747 on: February 24, 2020, 11:02:56 PM »

Shonky AF.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7748 on: February 24, 2020, 11:03:39 PM »
There are some rotten apples who have tainted Portuguese judicial & political systems.
A Portuguese case decision in ECHR is due to be published this week. Part of it relates to the Appeal Court overturning a "cleared" verdict in the lower criminal court.

I believe that this all stems from The Glorious Revolution.  Old School Judges overturning original decisions of younger Judges in an attempt to prevent change.
It has been happening for far too long.

Offline misty

« Reply #7749 on: February 24, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »
I believe that this all stems from The Glorious Revolution.  Old School Judges overturning original decisions of younger Judges in an attempt to prevent change.
It has been happening for far too long.

The irony of the latest ECHR case against the State is that the State charged a man for illegally recording evidence, yet it had already used this same evidence to help convict another person. I don't know if that's the way they used to serve justice pre-Revolution.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7750 on: February 24, 2020, 11:35:54 PM »
The irony of the latest ECHR case against the State is that the State charged a man for illegally recording evidence, yet it had already used this same evidence to help convict another person. I don't know if that's the way they used to serve justice pre-Revolution.

Whatever suited or suits their agenda.  They seem to support The Police all too readily, regardless of evidence.

Pre Revolution most cases were decided before they even went to court.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7751 on: February 25, 2020, 12:28:49 AM »

This is what happened in The Cipriano Case and why Leonor got an extra six months when she couldn't identify the PJ Officers who beat her up.  And what happened to The McCanns.

But try saying something unpleasant about a Judge or a Police Officer or a member of the Ruling Classes and then see what happens.

I undertand Portuguese Justice only too well.

Offline The General

« Reply #7752 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:29 AM »
This is what happened in The Cipriano Case and why Leonor got an extra six months when she couldn't identify the PJ Officers who beat her up.  And what happened to The McCanns.

But try saying something unpleasant about a Judge or a Police Officer or a member of the Ruling Classes and then see what happens.

I undertand Portuguese Justice only too well.
Libel?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #7753 on: February 25, 2020, 10:38:06 AM »
Libel?

No it is not ... I am making allowances for the fact that some have difficulty differentiating.

Leonor Cipriano was penalised by having her sentence added to exactly for the reason Eleanor has stated.  I know that is impossible for most right thinking people to take in but it is fact.

There is also the law in Portugal designed to protect those in any sort of public office from being 'defamed' by Joe Public.  Nope I do not have a cite.  Nope I do not know what the law is called.  It is a fact though so anyone with an interest can look it up for themselves, I'm sure.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7754 on: February 25, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »
Libel?

I don't think so.  It is on record that Leonor Cipriano was given a further six months in prison for failing to identify her attackers.  Despite The Court agreeing that she was beaten up in Police Custody.  And despite having a bag over her head at the time.