Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 22965 times)

Offline tbl

Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why JB called his local police station rather than 999? It seems a bizarre thing to do. If he had received a call from Neville and thought there was a genuine emergency he would have called 999. If he was half asleep/was wondering if it was a dream/was confused as to what had been said he would have driven to the farm to see what was happening. I can't understand why he would have called the local station. Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:18:07 PM by John »

Offline John

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why JB called his local police station rather than 999? It seems a bizarre thing to do. If he had received a call from Neville and thought there was a genuine emergency he would have called 999. If he was half asleep/was wondering if it was a dream/was confused as to what had been said he would have driven to the farm to see what was happening. I can't understand why he would have called the local station. Any thoughts?

Various excuses have been opined in relation to the question you ask.  At the end of the day, only Jeremy could supply an answer to this question but I don't think he was ever asked nor has he ever voluntered a reason as far as I recall.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »

Why would JB think NB's call amounted to a "genuine emergency" to the point he felt the need to call 999?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »
Various excuses have been opined in relation to the question you ask.  At the end of the day, only Jeremy could supply an answer to this question but I don't think he was ever asked nor has he ever voluntered a reason as far as I recall.

From the 2002 hearing:

29.  When asked why he had not dialled 999, the appellant said he did not think it would make any difference to the time it would have taken for the police to arrive.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »
Why would JB think NB's call amounted to a "genuine emergency" to the point he felt the need to call 999?

He wanted the police to arrive though, as you've posted in his quote from the 2002 hearing.

From the 2002 hearing:

29.  When asked why he had not dialled 999, the appellant said he did not think it would make any difference to the time it would have taken for the police to arrive.

It may not have taken then longer to arrive. But it certainly took him longer looking through the phone book for the local number than it would to have dialled 999.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
He wanted the police to arrive though, as you've posted in his quote from the 2002 hearing.

It may not have taken then longer to arrive. But it certainly took him longer looking through the phone book for the local number than it would to have dialled 999.

According to JB he received a call from NB: "Sheilas gone crazy, shes got the gun".  End of communication.  JB claims he attempted to call back and was unable to communicate further with NB.  Assuming this is true what course of action would you expect JB to take and why?

Offline Myster

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 06:39:52 PM »
According to JB he received a call from NB: "Sheilas gone crazy, shes got the gun".  End of communication.  JB claims he attempted to call back and was unable to communicate further with NB.  Assuming this is true what course of action would you expect JB to take and why?

You missed out the preceding bit - "Please come over...".  In other words - "Get your a$$ over here, asap!"

https://soundcloud.com/user9618130/jeremy-bamber-fathers-alleged-phone-call
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »
You missed out the preceding bit - "Please come over...".  In other words - "Get your a$$ over here, asap!"

https://soundcloud.com/user9618130/jeremy-bamber-fathers-alleged-phone-call

If NB called JB I don't believe he used the words "Please come over" for the following reasons which were discussed extensively in a previous thread:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5723.msg202984#msg202984

I take no notice of anything JB has said or done in recent years for the following reasons:

-  Whether he realises it or not and whether others realise it or not I believe his long incarceration must to some extent have taken its toll on his mental state. 

-   Many of those that have been close to him over the years have filled his head with complete rubbish eg Mike, GDS, CT and emotionally unstable women.  Worse still the CT cause him enormous damage and embarrassment.  They seem to take the view any publicity is good publicity.  Hence the bake off, graveside reading and now claims of a suicide letter.   

-  Prisoners are vulnerable in the sense that they only have very limited resources and are largely cut off from the outside world. 

-  Through my limited letter contact with him I would describe his understanding of his case as average to poor.  He doesn't seem that switched on eg his explanation about how a silencer works, which was at one time on the OS, was wrong. There was no advantage to him in his explanation being wrong.  In fact had it been correct it would have provided some good plus points.

-  As far as I'm aware he hasn't had any one reliable and sensible source of support during his long incarceration.  Eg Stefan Kiszko had his mother, Sally Clark had her father and husband, David Bain had Joe Karam for most of the time. 

Offline Mendoza

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Good points Holly, add to that being ripped off by unscrupulous "experts" such as this graphologist that is supposed to be confirming if this "suicide note" is in Sheila's handwriting, and charging £1500+ for the privilege! Desperate prisoners are vulnerable in this respect and sitting ducks for charlatans.

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »
From the 2002 hearing:

Thanx Holly, fair enough response I suppose had there been an actual telephone call from Nevill.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »

Had this actually taken place I would have expected Jeremy to get over there pronto and not mess about with supposed calls to the police which would have taken ages.  All he said he knew was what you quoted above, "Sheilas gone crazy, she's got the gun", there was no mention of it being discharged inappropriately. What we had in essence was a domestic within a family albeit with the potential to go badly awry.   It was not then a police matter and Nevill would not have wanted a police presence so why involve them?  It just doesn't add up!

Had Nevill said Sheila's got the gun and she has shot me then that would have been an entirely different matter and one which would require police and ambulance attendance.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:11:42 PM by John »

Offline Mendoza

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
My natural reaction I think would have been to go straight over, and if necessary, call the police from the farmhouse if the situation warranted it. Mind you, who among us could accurately predict what we would do, if those circumstances arose!

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 09:18:21 PM »
My natural reaction I think would have been to go straight over, and if necessary, call the police from the farmhouse if the situation warranted it. Mind you, who among us could accurately predict what we would do, if those circumstances arose!

The key issue was at what stage was the disturbance. Given that no shots had been fired the common sense thing was for Jeremy to go over to the farmhouse and attempt to calm things down.  Jeremy would know that his father was well able for Sheila and that she in turn respected him greatly thus involving police was not logical.  In fact Nevill would have been furious had armed cops arrived on his doorstep if all Sheila had done was wave the empty rifle about.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:45:57 PM by John »

Offline Myster

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 09:31:30 PM »
Had this actually taken place I would have expected Jeremy to get over there pronto and not mess about with supposed calls to the police which would have taken ages.  All he said he knew was what you quoted above, "Sheilas gone crazy, she's got the gun", there was no mention of it being discharged inappropriately. What we had in essence was a domestic within a family albeit with the potential to go badly awry.   It was not then a police matter and Nevill would not have wanted a police presence so why involve them?  It just doesn't add up!

Had Nevill said Sheila's got the gun and she has shot me then that would have been an entirely different matter and one which would require police and ambulance attendance.

And yet at the cottage only a few hours later, Jeremy was adamant that his dad had already been wounded when he phoned. This according to CC...

The facial wounds would have prevented him "blurting out" anything at all quite clearly.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 09:41:01 PM »
And yet at the cottage only a few hours later, Jeremy was adamant that his dad had already been wounded when he phoned. This according to CC...

The facial wounds would have prevented him "blurting out" anything at all quite clearly.

Not to mention the complete absence of blood on or around the only serviceable telephone at White House farm that morning.