Author Topic: Hey - it's not my fault - amaral - don't believe a word I say  (Read 12709 times)

amaraltheofficeboy

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:27:22 PM by amaraltheofficeboy »

Online Eleanor

Re: Hey - it's not my fault
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »

That photo was taken before her face lift.  Can we have a more up to date one, please?

Offline gilet

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
Does this thread have any relevance to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann or is it just a silly joke at the expense of this couple?

registrar

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »
Does this thread have any relevance to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann or is it just a silly joke at the expense of this couple?

Can't see the relevance either

Ad hominems add nothing to debate

They undermine debate

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
It is a silly joke that the co-ordinator (office boy) had anything to do with the investigation.

His job was to to co-ordinate the information coming in and maybe to advise the investigating officers as to the content.

His job was not to offer opinion or write a book about his theory.

Why does this forum refer to him as somebody important?

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
The ONLY reason that amaral is important is because he wrote a book.

Apart from that his input to the case was minimal and from his book, flawed.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 06:47:52 PM »
May I add my thoughts to the mix? I believe that Goncalo Amaral did not ever meet or interview Kate and Gerry McCann .... so how come he wrote a book without ever actually meeting them.  Does this detract from the credibility of his book? I think that it does.  Thoughts and opinions from the Forum are very welcome!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »

This is true.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
He is about as important as bennett was - but yet there are people who hang onto his every false word - just like they did with bennett.

Why mess with words?

Rachel Granada

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:06 PM »

Hello, see my post above.  It is my opinion that his book has no credibility.  Please feel free to discuss.  For the record, I think that his cashing in on this tragedy with a book is just not cricket.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »
It wasn't his job to meet with or interview or even pass opinion about the Mccanns.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »
It's got to the stage where he was pretending to call in NASA for God's sake - and people are actually discussing it!

registrar

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »

Maybe so and valid opinion

But calling Amaral an 'office boy' along with a photo of him and his partner - does not progress debate.

Boringly familiar - certain quarters - very early on mocked Philomena for her appearance and Brunty and Clarence and Murat and Malinka - ad nauseam (the fully exonerated chap in the Bristol murder case got the same vile treatment for having a dodgy haircut and for speaking posh) sheeeeeesh

I'm interested in all of these people's thoughts and utterances - NOT in what they look like in a picture on any given day.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
I was introducing myself

Offline gilet

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
It is a silly joke that the co-ordinator (office boy) had anything to do with the investigation.

His job was to to co-ordinate the information coming in and maybe to advise the investigating officers as to the content.

His job was not to offer opinion or write a book about his theory.

Why does this forum refer to him as somebody important?

Thanks for the reply.

Now I understand clearly the point you are making.

I don't think the forum as a whole considers him important though, perhaps certain posters do,

But, for example, my own opinion is that he has demonstrated a very poor grasp of the details of the case on many issues. His understanding of things has not been great. Even with all these limitations he, like Bennett, has made himself a focus for others to follow.

The reason I give any prominence to him is to expose the flaws in what he has written, to expose his lack of knowledge about the case and to highlight the fact that he is not a trustworthy individual (especially as a police officer). I would hope that others will not be attracted to the idea of hanging off every word of this man when they realise how limited his understanding is of the case and what kind of man he really is.