Author Topic: Minnesota police officer accidentally shoots black driver who attempted to flee stopcheck.  (Read 14753 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

If you tell me you are completely unbiased along racial lines then I believe you completely, no need to test.  You’ve always struck me as completely fair and unbiased when it comes to people of all race, colour and creed.

Of course I'm racist, I'm very proud to be racist, why the hell shouldn't I be?  My body, my choice.

But please, do show me evidence that race has affected my judgement in the Floyd, Wright or Toledo case.

Because I believe I'd be equally critical of their stupidity if they were White, Arab, Chinese or Space Aliens.

Stupid isn't racist, it affects all colours.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Of course I'm racist, I'm very proud to be racist, why the hell shouldn't I be?  My body, my choice.

But please, do show me evidence that race has affected my judgement in the Floyd, Wright or Toledo case.

Because I believe I'd be equally critical of their stupidity if they were White, Arab, Chinese or Space Aliens.

Stupid isn't racist, it affects all colours.
That’s why I don’t understand your stance on the Wright and Toledo shootings.  Both seemed to have been carried out by police who shot off their weapons before engaging their brains, IMO.  I would be equally critical of them if both cops had been black btw, socrace is a secondary issue for me as far as these cases are concerned.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

PS: separate issue but why are you proud to be racist?  What do you think is admirable about racism?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

That’s why I don’t understand your stance on the Wright and Toledo shootings.  Both seemed to have been carried out by police who shot off their weapons before engaging their brains, IMO. I would be equally critical of them if both cops had been black btw, socrace is a secondary issue for me as far as these cases are concerned.

In the Daunte Wright case there is no reason to believe the officer intended to kill him imo.
By the looks of the video & judging by her reaction she made a terrible mistake & she isn't the first officer in history to have mistaken their fire arm for a tazer, despite their material differences.

In the Toledo shooting, as I've stated repeatedly, the officer had less than one second reaction time.

Both killings shouldn't have happened, true, but both circumstances are being viewed by us with the comfortable benefit of arm chairs & hindsight & not with us having been in the officers situation under pressure in them precise moments.

Offline Wonderfulspam

PS: separate issue but why are you proud to be racist?  What do you think is admirable about racism?

I told you before, I do not conform.

There is too much anti-racism in society & I will not be told what opinions I can have.

If the world were more racist, I'd be anti-racist.

Offline Venturi Swirl

In the Daunte Wright case there is no reason to believe the officer intended to kill him imo.
By the looks of the video & judging by her reaction she made a terrible mistake & she isn't the first officer in history to have mistaken their fire arm for a tazer, despite their material differences.

In the Toledo shooting, as I've stated repeatedly, the officer had less than one second reaction time.

Both killings shouldn't have happened, true, but both circumstances are being viewed by us with the comfortable benefit of arm chairs & hindsight & not with us having been in the officers situation under pressure in them precise moments.
And that’s all I’m saying.  Plus, professional mistakes with serious consequences for others should in most cases not go unpunished in some way IMO. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

I told you before, I do not conform.

There is too much anti-racism in society & I will not be told what opinions I can have.

If the world were more racist, I'd be anti-racist.
IMO that is absurdly childish. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

IMO that is absurdly childish. 

That's your opinion.

My opinion is I have an individual right to freedom of thought & I will not surrender to state & societal imposed thought policing.

I will not support the LGBT community, I like global warming & I reserve the right to believe the holocaust was exaggerated.

Offline Venturi Swirl

That's your opinion.

My opinion is I have an individual right to freedom of thought & I will not surrender to state & societal imposed thought policing.

I will not support the LGBT community, I like global warming & I reserve the right to believe the holocaust was exaggerated.
It’s petulant foot-stamping but please do carry on, for the good it will do you or anyone else.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Daunte Wright and George Floyd: another chapter in America’s recurring tragedy

The latest instance of a Black man killed by a police officer added fuel to the fire already burning in Minneapolis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/daunte-wright-george-floyd-americas-recurring-tragedy

I read this article fully expecting it would mention two police shootings of black youths that I'm quite familiar with. Michael Brown & Tamir Rice.

I wasn't in the least bit surprised to find their names feature in the article & the apparent dismay at the lack of criminal charges in both cases, as if this were some kind of injustice.

Well, unlike these Guardian reporters, I've actually read the official DOJ reports on both cases, & in both cases it is quite clear, following extensive investigation, there were no legal grounds for prosecution.

BLM & the likes of liberal media will forever be calling for justice for Mike Brown & Tamir Rice, because they are deliberately ignorant of the evidence in each case & of the law permitting use of deadly force in self defence.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Do cops really need guns during routine traffic stops?

San Antonio police officer wounded and two people dead after shooting during traffic stop, police say

Two people are dead and police officer was wounded after a traffic stop Friday ended in gunfire, according to the San Antonio police chief.

A fourth person was wounded and has been hospitalized, Chief William McManus said during a brief news conference, noting that his information was preliminary.

Based on his review of the body camera footage, McManus said a San Antonio officer made a traffic stop and had what appeared to be a casual conversation with the driver of the truck for a few minutes.

The driver then pulled a gun for unknown reasons and opened fire, hitting the officer in the hand, McManus said.

The officer retreated backwards while returning fire, killing both the driver and a passenger, and wounding another passenger in the upper torso. Multiple rounds were fired by both the person inside the vehicle and the officer, according to the chief.

The chief said he did not know what prompted the officer to pull the truck over.

"He was an officer patrolling here, (a) routine traffic stop, which turned out to be not so routine after all," McManus said.

Those killed are believed to be males in their mid-to-late 20s, McManus said.

The officer, a five-year veteran, was taken to a hospital. McManus said he had no information on his condition other than he was able to talk.

"I will also say that the officer is very, very lucky to be alive at that close range, having been shot in the hand, and not somewhere else more vital," McManus said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/san-antonio-police-shooting-traffic-stop/index.html

There's no mention of race in this article, presumably then, the car occupants have either not been identified, or they're white, & as such, their skin colour doesn't warrant attention, unless they shot someone black.

Offline Eleanor

Daunte Wright and George Floyd: another chapter in America’s recurring tragedy

The latest instance of a Black man killed by a police officer added fuel to the fire already burning in Minneapolis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/daunte-wright-george-floyd-americas-recurring-tragedy

I read this article fully expecting it would mention two police shootings of black youths that I'm quite familiar with. Michael Brown & Tamir Rice.

I wasn't in the least bit surprised to find their names feature in the article & the apparent dismay at the lack of criminal charges in both cases, as if this were some kind of injustice.

Well, unlike these Guardian reporters, I've actually read the official DOJ reports on both cases, & in both cases it is quite clear, following extensive investigation, there were no legal grounds for prosecution.

BLM & the likes of liberal media will forever be calling for justice for Mike Brown & Tamir Rice, because they are deliberately ignorant of the evidence in each case & of the law permitting use of deadly force in self defence.

Reluctantly, I have to agree with you, although not on all things.

Sorry if this is patronising, but I am impressed.  You actually can Comment with interest to the discussion, so you actually aren't as idiotic as you sometimes pretend to be.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Reluctantly, I have to agree with you, although not on all things.

Sorry if this is patronising, but I am impressed.  You actually can Comment with interest to the discussion, so you actually aren't as idiotic as you sometimes pretend to be.

Thanks, American politics, police practice & use of deadly force is something I've always had an interest in.

The country is in big trouble, senior elected democrats & media are openly unsupportive of law enforcement & some are even intent on abolishing the police.

American officers are under serious threat of death every day of their active duty, more so than the average UK officer because of guns, but also because of the virulent anti police rhetoric being spread by democrats, black lives matter & antifa.

American policing does need reform, that seems pretty undeniable, but demonising the police is not helpful to anyone. Defunding the police is not a solution either & no police at all is just utter stupidity.

Police officers need to be vetted more thoroughly before employment, they need to undergo more rigorous use of force & de-escalation training at more regular intervals as well as psych evaluations.

Body cameras should be used in all states by all officers at all times (except when an officer has a wee) & officers should never be expected to patrol alone.

The main problem in America right now isn't policing imo, it's the degradation of decent society & crime.

Offline Eleanor

Thanks, American politics, police practice & use of deadly force is something I've always had an interest in.

The country is in big trouble, senior elected democrats & media are openly unsupportive of law enforcement & some are even intent on abolishing the police.

American officers are under serious threat of death every day of their active duty, more so than the average UK officer because of guns, but also because of the virulent anti police rhetoric being spread by democrats, black lives matter & antifa.

American policing does need reform, that seems pretty undeniable, but demonising the police is not helpful to anyone. Defunding the police is not a solution either & no police at all is just utter stupidity.

Police officers need to be vetted more thoroughly before employment, they need to undergo more rigorous use of force & de-escalation training at more regular intervals as well as psych evaluations.

Body cameras should be used in all states by all officers at all times (except when an officer has a wee) & officers should never be expected to patrol alone.

The main problem in America right now isn't policing imo, it's the degradation of decent society & crime.

Indiscriminate use of Guns.  That's the thing.  Some God given right as far as I understand, although I do know from whence it came to The American Constitution.  I just can't be bothered to explain.

They will have to go on killing each other, until someone comes to their senses.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Hard to disagree with any of that except the last sentence.  The situation in America vis a vis violent crime is an optimistic one in that murder and violent crime has been on a serious downward trajectory for years, quite the opposite to what  is portrayed in the media, particularly the right wing media.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/