Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 410880 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #2010 on: December 11, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »
Thanks to Astra.

Miguel Cruz Rodrigues, lawyer for Goncalo Amaral, Lisbon 2014:
' lack of cooperation from the couple and their friends led to the shelving of the case, a shelving that they never opposed, as they could have done'

So that puts that little nugget to bed once and for all.

Who is "Astro"?  An independent Journalist or court reporter?  And who is Panalam?  Is the site an impartial source of information?

ferryman

« Reply #2011 on: December 11, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
Who is "Astro"?  An independent Journalist or court reporter?  And who is Panalam?  Is the site an impartial source of information?

Astro is a Portuguese citizen and extensive commentator on events surrounding Madeleine.

Generally a little more responsible and restrained than the likes of Joana Morais, but influenced, latterly, by partisan bias, I feel ...

Offline Anna

« Reply #2012 on: December 11, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Hope this helps

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/92dec14/Astro_10_12_2014.htm
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2013 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »
So according the Daily Mail website news thingy Fatima Esteves said Dr Amaral was making it all up.
Montclair says she was being ironic.
The Faithful say it is indicia of Dr Amaral being dead in the water cos his own side is saying he made it up. (I thought the publishers were on their own side but no matter).
I wonder what the Appeal Court said about the book vis a vis " 'e made it all up didn' 'e".
As I recall the appeal court upheld it [that book] was based on the facts in the archiving report with Dr Amaral forming his own valid conclusion from those facts. So how does the "made it all up" bit work then?

OK queue to left all you Johnnies who have an uncontrollable urge to say "ex parte". Then in unison after my three; one two three ..................

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:25:56 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey