Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533531 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Does anyone know what grounds there might be for an appeal?

'Experts' were quick to come forward and state why Amaral wouldn't be able to appeal, so presumably these same experts will have an opinion on this next level of appeal.

I don't think they thought that far ahead.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

Had it not been for Leanne Baulch and others in the UK Amaral may not have been able to appeal and the McCanns would have achieved their objectives.

The Supreme Court has found against them previously so it will be quite a gamble to go there again because they have nothing new to bring to the process as far as I know. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

'Experts' were quick to come forward and state why Amaral wouldn't be able to appeal, so presumably these same experts will have an opinion on this next level of appeal.

What about writing his book whilst still employed by the Police?

Offline Mr Gray

What an absolute disgrace that a court supports the defamation of an innocent couple in this way

Offline jassi

What about writing his book whilst still employed by the Police?

Presumably that will have been considered already. Can it be raised again, I wonder?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

I notice the ones who are happy about Amaral the man who has stated that Madeleine is dead are the same ones who were not happy about the report from SY saying they hope to find Madeleine alive,  says it all really.

What I find particularly funny is that last time out the judge booted out 60% of the claim and awarded court costs against the McCanns in a 60:40 split. This was dressed up, on this very forum, as a major victory by the McCanns and anyone who didn't see that was ESN, didn't understand the evidence, was lacking in empathy or a terrorist supporter (delete as applicable).
Sr Amaral's appeal and fund raising was portrayed as somekind of confidence trick and anyone who could not see that was (see above for detail).
Well now the appeal court has booted out the remaining 40% and awarded costs against the McCanns. So as it sits they are empty handed.
I find it funny that the "experts" had it so wrong. I am glad I am not as clever as them.
I look forward however to the explanation of how this is really another major victory for the McCanns I am too dim to see.

Madeleine's fate was a tragedy; we don't know what happened but it is probable she died in 2007.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

Is there any way the mccanns funds can now be seized by the court as Amaral's were ?

Now that would be a taste of their own medicine.

Can't see that happening unfortunately.

Offline Mr Gray

Is there any way the mccanns funds can now be seized by the court as Amaral's were ?

as the mccanns funds are in the UK and the court is in portugal the answer is no

Offline carlymichelle

I see the comments section in the Mail is overwhelming.

@)(++(* they will  blame us   for  it

ferryman

What?

The present joint enquiry thinks there might be a chance of finding Madeleine alive and Amaral wrote a book saying she is definitely dead and the McCannsdunit.

Says everything ....

Offline Lace

What a nasty thing to say,   the McCann's fund to search for Madeleine.   Now I know you don't care at all about Madeleine do you?

Offline carlymichelle

What a nasty thing to say,   the McCann's fund to search for Madeleine.   Now I know you don't care at all about Madeleine do you?

well if  GA sues them   which  he has every  right too it will  have to come out of  it

stephen25000

They are not using the fund ARE THEY ?

Haven't you heard of the SY Investigation ?

Offline Lace

Amaral wrote a book on the back of a missing child,   saying her parents hid her body.

If I were the McCann's I would make sure he didn't get a penny of his dirty money,  how can anyone see justice here.   

SY are searching for Madeleine and hope to find her alive,  no thanks to Amaral who convinced people she is dead and didn't need searching for.

Offline G-Unit

I notice the ones who are happy about Amaral the man who has stated that Madeleine is dead are the same ones who were not happy about the report from SY saying they hope to find Madeleine alive,  says it all really.

Amaral was entitled to express his opinion. At the moment that's official. People are pleased that he won't have to pay half a million Euros for that, regardless of what his opinion was.

People would be very pleased if Madeleine was found alive, they just aren't convinced that it's going to happen. Particularly as SY seem to have no idea where to look.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0