Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533531 times)

Offline jassi

What libel?   It isn't libel if what you say is true,  he did convince people that Madeleine was dead and didn't need searching for.

How do you know that he convinced anybody?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

What libel?   It isn't libel if what you say is true,  he did convince people that Madeleine was dead and didn't need searching for.

It was a thesis Lace.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline carlymichelle

It was a thesis Lace.

also his opinion john which isnt illegl as the courts have  rightly  found

stephen25000

For goodness sake people can and did make up their own minds about the case without Amaral, who need I remind you was only involved in the case for 3 months as coordinator, and other members of the PJ shared his views.

Offline Mr Gray

It was a thesis Lace.

It wasn't a thesis...he stated his opinions as facts

Offline carlymichelle

i dont need to be convinced by  anybody about what i    think

Offline Alice Purjorick

OMG...how did the dogs get into this thread.   8()(((@#

It's a variation on Godwin's Law.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

also his opinion john which isnt illegl as the courts have  rightly  found

it was a civil court

Offline Lace

The mood changed in Portugal as soon as they were made arguido's,   are you saying that his book didn't change anyone's mind about the McCann's?   It set everything going. IMO

Offline Lace

It was a thesis Lace.

John,  please explain to me what the title 'The Truth of the Lie'  means.

Offline Lace

so??   GA  still  won

I think he should do the decent thing and donate it to a children's charity.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Are you putting that forward as a ground for appeal?    @)(++(*

I thought it was his defence in case swarthy legal types shove envelopes in his mit.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

i  think  any hearsay about  GA unrelated to the mccan case  should be banned on this forum   and thats  all it is gossip  to make  him look bad

It didn't work any too well did it.

Offline jassi

I think he should do the decent thing and donate it to a children's charity.

I don't think there is anything to donate. He hasn't 'won' any money from the McCanns, other than costs, which go to the court & lawyers.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

so??   GA  still  won

you used the word illegal..never mind