Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533521 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Oh no! tic toc has changed sides  @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline carlymichelle

jassi i find it highly unlikley that if the  mcanns appeal they will win  the  portugese court    has  found   in     his favour  so  wouldnt  it be  risky   forthe mcanns to  start this again??( sorry thinking out loud  lol)

Offline jassi

Oh no! tic toc has changed sides  @)(++(*

In that case, shouldn't it be toc tic?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

Human nature being what it is.

Too enigmatic for me, I'm afraid, so I'll pass.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

he has a right to tell his story

No right to say it is true though.

Offline Alice Purjorick

I wonder if the presses at "War and Peace" are working OTs knocking out a shedful of books ready to hit the shelves?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

I wonder if the presses at "War and Peace" are working OTs knocking out a shedful of books ready to hit the shelves?

Why would they be doing that?

The status quo remains until the final appeal is heard.

stephen25000

That is assuming they will be allowed to appeal.

Offline Alice Purjorick

The report in the Mail on Line is just scurrilous gossip then?

stephen25000

Opinion?

Amaral completely misrepresented the role and investigative work of Mark Harrison fact

Amaral contradicted the conclusions of the Portuguese prosecutors fact

Amaral claims to have contradicted and corrected Stuart Prior on interpretation of the forensic results.

Amaral claims Stuart Prior rang the FSS to berate them on the subject of the PJ's powers of arrest

Pray tell where has the thesis, note the word thesis, of accidental death been disproved ?

Offline Montclair

Any appeal made by the parents does not suspend this decision and Guerra & Paz have already announced that the book will be out on the shelves for sale by next week.

Offline carlymichelle

Pray tell where has the thesis, note the word thesis, of accidental death been disproved ?

imo there are no grounds for appeal the book and. His opinion have been found not illegal

stephen25000

Any appeal made by the parents does not suspend this decision and Guerra & Paz have already announced that the book will be out on the shelves for sale by next week.

Excellent.

Good to hear.

Now will the McCann's have to reimburse Amaral and the publishers for any copies of the book which have been destroyed ?

Offline Mr Gray

if you suggest Maddie died in the apartment and her parents covered up her death..then that is libel

ferryman

The report in the Mail on Line is just scurrilous gossip then?

Here's the key part (of The Mail's report)

She [Isabel Duarte] said Madeleine's parents had instructed her to launch an appeal of their own which will be decided by Portugal's Supreme Court.

Whatever Amaral's rhetoric, the status quo remains until the final appeal is heard.