Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533572 times)

Offline Mr Gray

imo there are no grounds for appeal the book and. His opinion have been found not illegal

once again it was a civil trial...

ferryman

No evidence of abduction

None whatever .....

The appeal verdict comes a day after the detective in charge of the search for Madeleine said police still believe she could be found alive.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547951/Portuguese-detective-WINS-appeal-against-libel-defeat-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-NOT-pay-500-000-damages.html#ixzz46IfuUvL5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ferryman

The ultimate irony would be a (clinching) victory for Amaral in the libel trial the same day as Madeleine is found alive ....

Offline mercury

Well well well!

At last, and now the highly erroneous and premature predictions can stop,fat lady has sung.....

Good result all in all and about time some people put things into perspective..the mccanns case was over exagerrated and flawed

ferryman

Well well well!

At last, and now the highly erroneous and premature predictions can stop,fat lady has sung.....

Good result all in all and about time some people put things into perspective..the mccanns case was over exagerrated and flawed

Fat lady hasn't sung.

McCanns are appealing.

Offline carlymichelle

Well well well!

theres already talks of appeal but with what money?? 8(0(*  GA  doesnt have to pay them a cent

stephen25000

Fat lady hasn't sung.

McCanns are appealing.

The appeal has to be accepted.

Do you recognize those words ferryman ?

You used them about Amaral last time.

Offline Montclair

Here's the key part (of The Mail's report)

She [Isabel Duarte] said Madeleine's parents had instructed her to launch an appeal of their own which will be decided by Portugal's Supreme Court.

Whatever Amaral's rhetoric, the status quo remains until the final appeal is heard.

I already answered your previous post that the court decision is not suspended by any appeal made by the McCanns and that Guerra & Paz have announced that they will be putting the book back in the shops for sale.

stephen25000

theres already talks of appeal but with what money?? 8(0(*  GA  doesnt have to pay them a cent

Indeed Carly.

The McCann's owe Amaral and the other parties money for their legal fees.

Offline carlymichelle

I already answered your previous post that the court decision is not suspended by any appeal made by the McCanns and that Guerra & Paz have announced that they will be putting the book back in the shops for sale.

i heard as soon as next week and it  will sell like hotcakes   8)--))

Offline misty

Has the court also unfrozen Amaral's assets?

Offline jassi

If it's true that his book can go  on sale again, then it would seem logical that his assets are unfrozen as well.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

If it's true that his book can go  on sale again, then it would seem logical that his assets are unfrozen as well.

yep the  book  didnt prevent the search for maddie

stephen25000

Has the court also unfrozen Amaral's assets?

That will  go with the judgement.

ferryman

His assets will remain frozen until a final decision in the libel trial