Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533538 times)

Offline carlymichelle

You just don't get it.

his bias and anger is clear  imo

Offline G-Unit

There are millions of people in this country alone Stephen,  if you think some anti hate mob are speaking for everyone then you really need to get out more.

I think you need to accept that many of those who believed the McCanns at first have changed their minds. The McCanns had tremendous support at the beginning but it has slowly disappeared. Kate's bike ride fundraiser demonstrated this because she struggled to reach her target and only reached it weeks after the event.

By comparison Amaral's fund, set up by Leanne Baulch exceeded it's target spectacularly. Not because everyone subscribed to his theory, not because they were duped and lied to by him but because many felt they had been duped and lied to by the McCanns.

They had begun to look like people who would countenance no dissent. If anyone questioned their version of events they were Carter-Rucked or they were labelled 'vile trolls' and 'sad inadequate people sitting in their bedrooms pouring out hate'. People began to own up to being trolls and being proud of it. They donated to Amaral's Fund as much to teach the McCanns a lesson as to help him. No-one knew if he would win, but they hoped he would and they made it possible for him to have that chance.

It now appears more than coincidental that the 'Madeleine may be alive' story emerged just before the 'McCanns lose appeal story'. A pattern has emerged over the years of encouraging stories being written just as discouraging stories are written. I wonder if they call DCS Duthie 'Mick'?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

mcann supporters have done it to GA  for 9 years   for  doing his job   im sure you    included

Where do you get the idea that it was, ever, Amaral's job to accuse and traduce without basis or foundation? 

stephen25000

Just reading around, here and elsewhere.

Who are these sad sacks who revel in human misery, everyone's except their own?

Which two people are responsible for this case ferryman ?

Offline carlymichelle

I think you need to accept that many of those who believed the McCanns at first have changed their minds. The McCanns had tremendous support at the beginning but it has slowly disappeared. Kate's bike ride fundraiser demonstrated this because she struggled to reach her target and only reached it weeks after the event.

By comparison Amaral's fund, set up by Leanne Baulch exceeded it's target spectacularly. Not because everyone subscribed to his theory, not because they were duped and lied to by him but because many felt they had been duped and lied to by the McCanns.

They had begun to look like people who would countenance no dissent. If anyone questioned their version of events they were Carter-Rucked or they were labelled 'vile trolls' and 'sad inadequate people sitting in their bedrooms pouring out hate'. People began to own up to being trolls and being proud of it. They donated to Amaral's Fund as much to teach the McCanns a lesson as to help him. No-one knew if he would win, but they hoped he would and they made it possible for him to have that chance.

It now appears more than coincidental that the 'Madeleine may be alive' story emerged just before the 'McCanns lose appeal story'. A pattern has emerged over the years of encouraging stories being written just as discouraging stories are written. I wonder if they call DCS Duthie 'Mick'?

8@??)( sums it  up perfectly

ferryman

Which two people are responsible for this case ferryman ?

You think there might have been more than one person involved in Madeleine's abduction?

Offline jassi

8@??)( 8@??)(
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

You think there might have been more than one person involved in Madeleine's abduction?

What abduction ferryman ?

No evidence for that.

Try again.

Offline G-Unit

If, indeed, the present joint enquiry finds Madeleine alive and Amaral counter-sues, fascism will be alive-and-well in Portugal ....

There is no joint inquiry as you well know. Isn't it against the rules to post misinformation? 'Always the possibilty that we will find Madeleine' doesn't translate as 'We're hot on the heels of a perpetrator' as you seem to believe. We hope we find her alive' doesn't mean 'we think she is alive' either. You seemed quite happy with Portuguese justice after the initial judgement. Strange how people can change their minds about things.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

MOD NOTE  Just been pruning, pruning, and more pruning.

Stay on topic.  Cease the insults.  Thank you.

Members have been warned several times now in respect of bad behaviour, any further silliness will attract sanctions.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

If, indeed, the present joint enquiry finds Madeleine alive and Amaral counter-sues, fascism will be alive-and-well in Portugal ....
Just picked this as a single example of something that is annoying me. 

The idea that I live in a fascist country is nonsense, IMO.  For those who want to categorise Portugal as a fascist country in its entirety, start providing some cites.

For those who wish to categorise this court decision as a fascist decision, stop asserting this and start providing some supporting evidence.

My personal background on this is that I believed the decision would be upheld but with the amount reduced.  My recent visitor to Luz thought Amaral would win.  So I 'lost' and my visitor 'won'.

For the record, I have left every single post on this describing Portugal as a fascist country intact, while deleting dozens.  But I have had enough.  If you wish to describe where I live as a fascist country, or the decision as a fascist decision, please do not be affronted if I choose to challenge your ideas, not as a Mod but merely as a commentator.

This is not directed at Ferryman in particular.  It is a general message to those spraying 'fascist country' or 'fascist decision' about. 
What's up, old man?

Offline Montclair

Just picked this as a single example of something that is annoying me. 

The idea that I live in a fascist country is nonsense, IMO.  For those who want to categorise Portugal as a fascist country in its entirety, start providing some cites.

For those who wish to categorise this court decision as a fascist decision, stop asserting this and start providing some supporting evidence.

My personal background on this is that I believed the decision would be upheld but with the amount reduced.  My recent visitor to Luz thought Amaral would win.  So I 'lost' and my visitor 'won'.

For the record, I have left every single post on this describing Portugal as a fascist country intact, while deleting dozens.  But I have had enough.  If you wish to describe where I live as a fascist country, or the decision as a fascist decision, please do not be affronted if I choose to challenge your ideas, not as a Mod but merely as a commentator.

This is not directed at Ferryman in particular.  It is a general message to those spraying 'fascist country' or 'fascist decision' about.

As a Portuguese citizen I applaud your comment.  8@??)(

Offline John

Have you read the full decision ferryman?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:09:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Montclair

a fascist state that allows a policeman to libel two innocent parents but when a journalist criticised a politician...he was I believe jailed...that sort of fascist state

Defamation and libel are criminal offenses under Articles 180 and 181 of the penal code, and penalties are
increased by one half if the offended party is a public official. In May 2013, journalist Miguel Sousa Tavares
was under investigation for a comment he made during an interview with Jornal de Negocios calling
President Aníbal Cavaco Silva a clown. He faces up to three years in prison if found guilty

You should keep up to date on this matter. Our petty, vain and arrogant ex-president made the complaint to the authorities (as Erdogan just did in Germany) and the courts had to look into it. Needless to say, the complaint was dropped, as the court ruled that MST was using his right to freedom of expression and opinion.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:53:30 AM by Montclair »

Offline John

The decision exists only in the Portuguese language at the moment, the translators are squirreling away as I type this.   So until such time as it can be translated, opinion as to its merits or otherwise are merely speculative.