Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533490 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Pretty much!  But you will note how the supporters are now delighting in talking about irrelevancies to avoid the main issue.
The original judgement against Sr Amaral has been turned over by three appeal court judges and Dra Duarte is yet to work out whether she has adequate grounds of appeal.
The defence by the supporters is the implication that Portugal is a banana republic without a real judicial system so somehow it does not really count.
But remind me where the case was being tried and whose judicial system has primacy...............?

i just  find it  really ironic  they started this     what  6 years ago and now  are the losers in everything  @)(++(* karmas a  you know  what  8)-)))

Offline Brietta

You seem very angry Brietta.

Why is that I wonder ?

Any appeal of course has to be accepted for transfer to the Supreme Court.

I have stated the facts ... if you can refute them, fine ... it seems you cannot.

I have said in my post that the appeal is not a done deal yet.

Once I would have rejected out of hand your suggestion that the appeal would not have been accepted by the Supreme Court as I had certain expectations of the Portuguese legal system working within a modern democracy.

I really don't think that anymore and I am probably not the only observer taking note of the implication here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

No, though I think it left him with v. little income.

He's got a much better pension than mine, and I manage.

stephen25000

I have stated the facts ... if you can refute them, fine ... it seems you cannot.

I have said in my post that the appeal is not a done deal yet.

Once I would have rejected out of hand your suggestion that the appeal would not have been accepted by the Supreme Court as I had certain expectations of the Portuguese legal system working within a modern democracy.

I really don't think that anymore and I am probably not the only observer taking note of the implication here.

We shall see what happens.

Offline jassi

Is it known how long the McCanns have to submit their case to the Supreme Court?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

Is it known how long the McCanns have to submit their case to the Supreme Court?

By the precedent of Amaral, about the next 5 years?

Offline Lace

i just  find it  really ironic  they started this     what  6 years ago and now  are the losers in everything  @)(++(* karmas a  you know  what  8)-)))

Goading again are we carly?

Offline misty

Was there ever a version of TTOTL published in English for worldwide sale?
Certainly other versions were banned, but only for short periods of time & in certain countries.

stephen25000

Goading again are we carly?

What did you say last year Lace about the result of the previous judgement ?

Offline jassi

By the precedent of Amaral, about the next 5 years?

I was meaning the time window of opportunity to apply, not how long it might drag on  8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

All who are glad Amaral has won must all agree with his book,    and therefore believe Madeleine to be dead,  a child who could be out there waiting to be found.   Thank god SY are searching for her.

Offline Lace

What did you say last year Lace about the result of the previous judgement ?

Don't remember,  don't think I posted on here much.

Offline Lace

Karma for the parents of a missing child,  who wanted the book banned because it stated Madeleine was dead and so no one would be looking out for her.    Don't think you care about that child carly.  SY do and hope to find her alive.

Karma?  don't think so.

Offline G-Unit

Loss of earning, perhaps.  Didn't he have all his assets frozen?

If his book is republished and sells lots of copies he will be able to take those sales as a baseline to estimate how much he lost during the period of the ban, I would imagine. Then we have such things as stress caused to himself and his family. He, unlike the McCanns may even have medical evidence of the effects of the case on his health. Kate's 'depression' was never medically diagnosed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

All who are glad Amaral has won must all agree with his book,    and therefore believe Madeleine to be dead,  a child who could be out there waiting to be found.   Thank god SY are searching for her.

Where are they searching Lace ?

You of course realize they don't know what happened to her and you are merely typing cliches.