Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 534933 times)

ferryman

Yeah we heard you the first time about twenty pages ago.

Truths become no less true for repetition.

Offline mercury

The first enquiry was shelved in August 2008, with an archiving dispatch making plain there was no foundation or basis of accusation against the McCanns.

Then Amaral wrote a book saying TheMcCannsdunit.

And his right to say that appears on the brink of being upheld.

Disgraceful ....
The point we were discussing pages back was they were never really exonnerated...all else is bluster

ferryman

The point we were discussing pages back was they were never really exonnerated...all else is bluster

No, they weren't exonerated, because to be exonerated, you first need to be charged then tried.

They were accused via the arguido status, which was dropped (without charges being brought), then Amaral wrote a book saying theMcCannsdunit, and the Portuguese civil courts have ultimately upheld his right to do so, unless the McCanns successfully appeal.

Upholding the right (of a disgraced ex-police officer) to accuse without foundation is, really, not Portugal's finest hour

Offline Alice Purjorick

Truths become no less true for repetition.

How would you know that?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

@)(++(* mercury  have  you noticed  eleanor  is taking her anger out on me  not that it worrys me   8)-)))  but not  very mod  like

You are at liberty to criticise me in so far as I am concerned.  But you will not criticise any other Moderator on my watch.  So, beware.

Offline mercury

didnt  someone once say people are jealous  of kates boobs??   LOL @)(++(*

Dont thnk so lol

I get you Carly, dont fret, nothings changed in 9 years, the orignators of lies and abuse on mirror forums ie mccann supporters are still at it, and for what? They dug their own graves when they tried to dictate and shut debate and then jump to seriously nasty postings....i never seen the mccanns criticise any of them either

Offline Eleanor

Try to have some dignity if possible...sil and brietta manage it as mods, why cant you, youve had more practice lol

Are you allowed to abuse psters but in the same breath say no criticsm of mods is allowed, how hypocritical, maybe its time YOU went to bed, and reported btw

Tis time that you realised that I also have a right, and also some authority.

Offline mercury

No, they weren't exonerated, because to be exonerated, you first need to be charged then tried.

They were accused via the arguido status, which was dropped (without charges being brought), then Amaral wrote a book saying theMcCannsdunit, and the Portuguese civil courts have ultimately upheld his right to do so, unless the McCanns successfully appeal.

Upholding the right (of a disgraced ex-police officer) to accuse without foundation is, really, not Portugal's finest hour

Still doesnt make them innocent
The pp also said another pp might have made a different decision
As for exonnerated people here have said just that
And i remind you the court said amaral worked off the investigation from may to october so  NOT unfounded...the pp report did n ncoude every inch of the files either, give it up, youre wrong here

Offline Eleanor

Its daytime here in australia also i keep my browser open all the time besides  sabot isnt   in charge of my life is she?? 8(0(*

Who is Sabot?  Not a member of this Forum.

Offline faithlilly

You can guess (that some, at present, unknown fact or set of circumstances) makes them guilty (of something culpable in respect of Madeleine). 

I could guess that you have murdered someone or robbed a bank.

That's all it would be, a guess; (almost) certainly wrong.

Amaral appears on the brink of winning the right to traduce and malign without foundation.

And some folk find that a cause for celebration.

I find it most odd ....

About those books ferryman. Under which law would that happen ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mercury

You can guess (that some, at present, unknown fact or set of circumstances) makes them guilty (of something culpable in respect of Madeleine). 

I could guess that you have murdered someone or robbed a bank.

That's all it would be, a guess; (almost) certainly wrong.

Amaral appears on the brink of winning the right to traduce and malign without foundation.

And some folk find that a cause for celebration.

I find it most odd ....

A) you keep on about amaral, his whole team ended with a theory
B) there was foundation
C) youre not a bobby so wouldnt know
D) cause for celebration is only about the mccanns strangehold over a mans life  being crushed

Offline carlymichelle

B) there was foundation
D) cause for celebration is only about the mccanns strangehold over a mans life  being crushed

they were thrilled when the mcanns silenced  GA  were they  not?

ferryman

B) there was foundation

Do him and convicted bastinado torturer Almeida make a 'whole team'?

There was no foundation (to the accusations in Amaral's book)

None ....

ferryman

About those books ferryman. Under which law would that happen ?

What books?

And would what happen?

Offline mercury

Do him and convicted bastinado torturer Almeida make a 'whole team'?

There was no foundation (to the accusations in Amaral's book)

None ....

were just two policemen part of the nvestigation? Dont be so silly