Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533495 times)

stephen25000

we have seen what happens...your posts criticising eleanor have been ignored by the mods present

This is my last word on this.

Abuse on the open forum is against forum rules.

Offline G-Unit

The first enquiry was shelved in August 2008, with an archiving dispatch making plain there was no foundation or basis of accusation against the McCanns.

Then Amaral wrote a book saying TheMcCannsdunit.

And his right to say that appears on the brink of being upheld.

Disgraceful ....

When they overturned the interim injunction against the book the Appeal Court said;

We thus reach a point where it seems to be important to stress the following: the indicative facts that led to the applicants’ constitution as arguidos within the inquiry were later on not valued by the Public Ministry’s Magistrates in order to lead to a criminal accusation, but those very same facts, seen through another prism and with another base, may lead to a different conclusion from that which was attained by those same Magistrates – those are indications that were deemed to be insufficient in terms of evidence in a criminal investigation, but they can be appreciated in a different way, in an interpretation that is legitimate to be published as a literary work, as long as said interpretation does not offend any fundamental rights of anyone involved – and we have written above already why we understand that said interpretation does not offend the applicants’ rights.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html

edited to correct court name. G
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:57:48 AM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Montclair

When they overturned the interim injunction against the book the Supreme Court said;

We thus reach a point where it seems to be important to stress the following: the indicative facts that led to the applicants’ constitution as arguidos within the inquiry were later on not valued by the Public Ministry’s Magistrates in order to lead to a criminal accusation, but those very same facts, seen through another prism and with another base, may lead to a different conclusion from that which was attained by those same Magistrates – those are indications that were deemed to be insufficient in terms of evidence in a criminal investigation, but they can be appreciated in a different way, in an interpretation that is legitimate to be published as a literary work, as long as said interpretation does not offend any fundamental rights of anyone involved – and we have written above already why we understand that said interpretation does not offend the applicants’ rights.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html

This was the decision of the Tribunal da Relação not the Supreme Court.

Offline G-Unit

/
This was the decision of the Tribunal da Relação not the Supreme Court.
/
Sorry, I looked for 'Supreme Court' and got that. I didn't realise that the injunction fight finished at the Appeal Court. I've corrected my post. The McCanns gave up and went no higher in that case then?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:58:49 AM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

i think the latest decision is a disgrace and reflects badly on portugal and the portuguese justice system...it will be interesting to see what happens next......

stephen25000

i think the latest decision is a disgrace and reflects badly on portugal and the portuguese justice system...it will be interesting to see what happens next......

Having read through the judgement, I would say it was an excellent analysis of what happened and demonstrated quite amply the hypocrisy of the mccanns using the media for their own ends, and, that any chance of the mccanns appealing to the Supreme Court successfully has gone out of the window.

Offline Lace

In her notes dated July 18, almost two months after Maddie's disappearance and at a time when there are starting to appear indicia against the McCanns, Kate sounds disheartened and reinforces the accusations against Murat: "I had lots of hope that there would be progress in Murat's situation. I'm sure that he is involved and I feel like killing him, but I can't".

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

Oh for gods sake,   Robert Murat was made a person of interest,   Kate McCann thought he had something to do with Madeleine's  disappearance,   this was a woman under severe stress about her missing daughter,   she wrote down what she thought in a private diary.     Can you not imagine for one moment what this woman was going through?

Afterwards of course Murat was cleared.

stephen25000

Oh for gods sake,   Robert Murat was made a person of interest,   Kate McCann thought he had something to do with Madeleine's  disappearance,   this was a woman under severe stress about her missing daughter,   she wrote down what she thought in a private diary.     Can you not imagine for one moment what this woman was going through?

Afterwards of course Murat was cleared.

On what basis did kate mccann dare think Murat was involved ?

That says everything about the woman who placed all her three children in needless danger.

Offline Lace

Having read through the judgement, I would say it was an excellent analysis of what happened and demonstrated quite amply the hypocrisy of the mccanns using the media for their own ends, and, that any chance of the mccanns appealing to the Supreme Court successfully has gone out of the window.

It doesn't stray from the fact that Amaral started the hostility towards the McCann's,  that he was writing his book whilst still a Police Officer,  that details were leaked which shouldn't have been under Portuguese strict confidentiality law and that he lied in his book about the DNA and the fact the McCann's drugged their daughter.   We'll see.

Offline Lace

On what basis did kate mccann dare think Murat was involved ?

That says everything about the woman who placed all her three children in needless danger.

The Portuguese police under Amaral's instructions made Murat an arguido,  that was enough for Kate to dare think Murat was involved,  because AMARAL did!!!!

The second part of your post has no bearing on this subject.

Offline ShiningInLuz

If the decision is in accordance with the Portuguese judicial system, then it is a good decision.  If the decision is not in accordance with the Portuguese judicial system, then it is a bad decision.

Anyone with a decent knowledge of the Portuguese judicial system plus access to the 16 page judgement is in a position to determine whether it is or is not in accordance with the law.  The rest of us can't.

One may like or dislike the judgement.  But to go from a position of relative ignorance of both the system and the judgement to criticising the system is folly.

To criticise the entire country of Portugal on the basis of one judgement is ... well, do I really have to spell that out?

Has the full judgement been published anywhere yet?
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

The Portuguese police under Amaral's instructions made Murat an arguido,  that was enough for Kate to dare think Murat was involved,  because AMARAL did!!!!

The second part of your post has no bearing on this subject.

On whose statements did the PJ suspect Murat ?

As to the second, THAT IS WHERE THE CASE STARTED, so every relevance.

Offline Lace

On whose statements did the PJ suspect Murat ?

As to the second, THAT IS WHERE THE CASE STARTED, so every relevance.

Wasn't it one of the journalists?     Someone said he was taking a lot of interest in the case and trying to see how the police were proceeding?

The case started with the abductor.

stephen25000

Wasn't it one of the journalists?     Someone said he was taking a lot of interest in the case and trying to see how the police were proceeding?

The case started with the abductor.

Which journalist Lace, and let's not forget Tanner.

As to abductor, in your dreams.

The case started when the mccanns left their children ALONE.

Offline Lace

Which journalist Lace, and let's not forget Tanner.

As to abductor, in your dreams.

The case started when the mccanns left their children ALONE.

This journalist Stephen  -   He appears to have been first brought to the attention of Portugese investigators by Lori Campbell, a Sunday Mirror journalist, for no other reason than he appeared ‘suspicious’ and his behaviour reminded her of Ian Huntley.
- See more at: http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/robert-murat/#sthash.Lgptuk0B.dpuf