Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533500 times)

stephen25000

Amaral is basically bankrupt...both financially and morally. He has been humiliated totally by the court in his own country. He has a choice of handing all his money to the McCanns or appealing. The appeal won't cost him apenny because he has nothing. He can count on the financial support of a handful of misguided supporters and who knows...if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing

its on about pg 4 of the other thread.....

Now let's see all your comments from the last court case.

ferryman

Here again we have the use of the remarkable old english unit of measure - the handful.
From the child's bed to the restaurant was only a "handful" of yards, and Mr Amaral has only a "handful" of supporters. What this unit lacks in scientific accuracy it more than makes up for in slipperyness and charisma. Perhaps we mathematicians could suggest it at the next CGPM  as a welcome addition to to the boringly accurate SI system Davel?

*&*%£

stephen25000

Amaral is basically bankrupt...both financially and morally. He has been humiliated totally by the court in his own country. He has a choice of handing all his money to the McCanns or appealing. The appeal won't cost him apenny because he has nothing. He can count on the financial support of a handful of misguided supporters and who knows...if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing

its on about pg 4 of the other thread.....

Give a link.

If that post has been amended, it has no value.

Offline Mr Gray

Give a link.

If that post has been amended, it has no value.

if its been amended it will say so ...seems you are totally shocked how wrong you were

stephen25000

if its been amended it will say so ...seems you are totally shocked how wrong you were

Give the link to that.

Then give the links to your other comments to the previous judgement and predictions of this one.

Offline Mr Gray

Give the link to that.

Then give the links to your other comments to the previous judgement and predictions of this one.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6269.15

near the bottom of the page...and it hasn't been edited as you will see....and that is a prediction of this judgement...a very precise prediction

Offline jassi

Not much of a prediction, though, hedged with 'if' and' may'

"if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time."
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Give the link to that.

and on the same page I say although I am delighted with the judgement I realise the appeals could drag on for years...

I'm still delighted with the outcome...we all knew it could drag on with appeals...it's great that amaral has been humiliated by his own countries court

Offline Mr Gray

Not much of a prediction, though, hedged with 'if' and' may'

"if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time."

but correct...you would have to admit

Offline jassi

With that level of uncertainty, it would be hard to be wrong    @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6269.15

near the bottom of the page...and it hasn't been edited as you will see....and that is a prediction of this judgement...a very precise prediction

Hardly.

'..he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing'

It's called hedging your bets.

Maybe yes, and maybe no.

Now how about links to your other comments in regard to this matter following the previous court judgment

stephen25000

and on the same page I say although I am delighted with the judgement I realise the appeals could drag on for years...

I'm still delighted with the outcome...we all knew it could drag on with appeals...it's great that amaral has been humiliated by his own countries court

Now the mccanns are totally humiliated all around the world.

stephen25000

Maybe yes, maybe no.

That's all it says.

Offline carlymichelle

Now the mccanns are totally humiliated all around the world.

the  mcann supporters havent been very graceful in defeat have  they?

stephen25000

the  mcann supporters havent been very graceful in defeat have  they?

Nah.

Gloat last time, bleat this time.