Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533573 times)

Offline pegasus

Here's an opportunity to make a prediction Davel.
Will Duarte lodge an appeal to the Supreme Court?
Then, in less than 30 days time, we'll see if you were right.
BTW my prediction is : No.

Offline carlymichelle

i just read that  portugal  supreme courts will not even think about entertaining  civil squabbles  in this  case 8)--))

Offline Mr Gray

Maybe yes, maybe no.

That's all it says.

#but it is not wrong ..is it

When many were saying that amaral didn't have a chance...remember... I had the insight...intelligence...call it what you will...to realise he just might win his appeal

Offline misty

Now the mccanns are totally humiliated all around the world.

And Madeleine McCann is once again prominently in public focus.

Offline jassi

What a question.
Is he allowed to confer or ask a friend?    @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

I would say she will...but there again perhaps I have inside information

Offline Mr Gray

What a question.
Is he allowed to confer or ask a friend?    @)(++(*

perhaps I already have

Offline carlymichelle

I would say she will...but there again perhaps I have inside information

we have  no doubt you  do

Offline jassi

perhaps I already have

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

i wonder if  what i  read is true about  portugese supreme  court not  dealign with civil cases??

Offline misty

@Pegasus
Will Goncalo Amaral sue all those supporters who have posted  free English translations of his book online, breaching copyright & depriving him of income?

Offline jassi

i wonder if  what i  read is true about  portugese supreme  court not  dealign with civil cases??

Now it would be a bit of a bummer if that were true, but surely the all knowing Isabel wouldn't make such an elementary mistake, would she ?

Or maybe not -

ferryman

http://www.europeanlawinstitute.eu/membership/institutional-observers/portuguese-supreme-court/

Offline carlymichelle

i read  this   
legal sources in portugal  say over for gerry and  kate  PT   supreme court will not entertain  civil squabbles

appently the source is   Isabelle McFadden

Offline misty

It's not true, Carly.

http://countrystudies.us/portugal/82.htm
*snipped*
The Supreme Court of Justice is designated the "highest court of law," but "without prejudice to the jurisdiction of the Constitutional Court," and heads the court system that deals with civil and criminal cases. The courts of first instance (the first courts to try a case) are the municipal and district courts; the courts of second instance are, as a rule, courts of appeal. As of the early 1990s, there were four of these latter courts. The Supreme Court of Justice may serve as a court of first instance in some cases and as an appeals court in others.