Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533505 times)

ferryman

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1155 on: April 22, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
The judge repeated pretty much what was said in the appeal judgement on the injunction;

the book that is at stake here, reproducing the contents of some of the case files, which also had an effect on the above mentioned final dispatch that was signed by two Public Ministry Magistrates.

In the book, we do not verify any reference to any facts that are not in that dispatch.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html

From the libel' trial;

28.    (Items 27 & 28) It is proved that the facts in the book and in the documentary, concerning the investigation, are mostly facts that took place in the investigation and are documented as such.

The Judge does note that some of the facts in the book are not complete, and some facts that are in the book are not in the case files, including Jane Tanner's alleged "informal" recognition of Robert Murat.

Joana Morais?

Anne Guides?

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #1156 on: April 22, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »
I have read 'Madeleine' and I have to say I was surprised how little of the book is actually about the poor girl.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1157 on: April 22, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »
Are you surprised?  She went missing very early on.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #1158 on: April 22, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
I bought the book expecting to find out more about Madeleine as a child though, as I expect a lot of people did. To find a few chapters about her and the rest about Kate and Gerry was a bit of a disappointment.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1159 on: April 22, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
I bought the book expecting to find out more about Madeleine as a child though, as I expect a lot of people did. To find a few chapters about her and the rest about Kate and Gerry was a bit of a disappointment.

The book might have been better titled as 'Life after Madeleine'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1160 on: April 22, 2016, 01:26:24 PM »
I'm unclear what the thoughts of a vile internet troll tell us about Amaral's appeal?

The troll don't matter old stick.
Three appeal court judges upheld Sr Amaral's appeal and awarded rather a lot of costs against the McCanns
That's all you need know for now.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1161 on: April 22, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »

I get the impression you are basically a sceptic so will tend to find fault with most of the McCanns actions

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1162 on: April 22, 2016, 01:27:41 PM »
Three appeal court judges upheld Sr Amaral's appeal and awarded rather a lot of costs against the McCanns

what we don't know is if that is the final judgement..may well not be

ferryman

« Reply #1163 on: April 22, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »

Not quite.

I also need to know the basis of the appeal ...

I don't.

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #1164 on: April 22, 2016, 01:38:21 PM »
I get the impression you are basically a sceptic so will tend to find fault with most of the McCanns actions
I am a sceptic of the 'abduction theory' yes. I do not seek to find fault with the parents though, though it appears on here that is an impossible position to hold. Seems you either have to be firmly in one 'camp' or another with no grey areas. Sorry I don't fit into that.

stephen25000

« Reply #1165 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
Well, here's a little something for a Friday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/RussPLFC

I have heard rumours of this before.

2 nd Tweet down.

Read if you wish.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1166 on: April 22, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »
I am a sceptic of the 'abduction theory' yes. I do not seek to find fault with the parents though, though it appears on here that is an impossible position to hold. Seems you either have to be firmly in one 'camp' or another with no grey areas. Sorry I don't fit into that.

Welcome to the forum, Chloe.

There are one or two posters who are entirely capable of presenting what could be considered an unbiased view being neither firmly in one camp or t'other.

It would be excellent were you to be in the same mould ... however, as long as you respect forum rules and other posters you will be fine as all points of view are acceptable here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1167 on: April 22, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
he  cant  even say my name   right can our  dave  @)(++(*

Offline misty

« Reply #1168 on: April 22, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
Well, here's a little something for a Friday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/RussPLFC

I have heard rumours of this before.

2 nd Tweet down.

Read if you wish.

Already discussed on another thread. Do keep up. Murray was fired from the FCO in 2005.

stephen25000

« Reply #1169 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
Already discussed on another thread. Do keep up. Murray was fired from the FCO in 2005.

So what ?

It does mean the information isn't true ?

Which thread by the way ?

If you had read elsewhere, you would know of another ex-copper who donated to the fund, along with his friends still in the force.