Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533522 times)

ferryman

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1440 on: April 23, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »
I think most people (except the McCanns and their supporters) understand that Amaral offered his opinion of what happened, just as the McCanns and people such as Mark Williams-Thomas offered theirs.

Would a former spouse, associate, neighbour or whoever bother to contact the police about potential suspicions?  I think they would if they thought it would lead to the case progressing. The information could support any of the theories which are on the table or help to disprove one of them.

In your opinion, was Amaral's opinion incompetent?

Or did he lie?

Offline xtina

« Reply #1441 on: April 23, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »
The money is not important to the mccanns

oh but it is ...............since the day the bucket was put in the foyer ......

they used it for protection ....and still are .....

wanting celebrity status ...to live a life they were not acustomed before all this

who do they think they are ....apart from being the ones who put the children in danger in the first place ....yet every one has to pay ...for the choice they made ....lives ruined in the prossess

they want the profit ....that TOTL has made

how come k mcc .is not back at work ...at least adding to the pot..or maybe she can't....

strange how all the support the mccs get ...no one seems to mention the twins ....and what all this must be doing to them....

G A .....was doing his job .........trying to get to the truth ........and for that   8@??)( 8@??)(

TOTL ....wrote by the detective on the case ....who suspected the mccs were involved ....and the millions spent ...to date ...has not proved him wrong.....

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:18:07 AM by xtina »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1442 on: April 23, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
I think most people (except the McCanns and their supporters) understand that Amaral offered his opinion of what happened, just as the McCanns and people such as Mark Williams-Thomas offered theirs.

Would a former spouse, associate, neighbour or whoever bother to contact the police about potential suspicions?  I think they would if they thought it would lead to the case progressing. The information could support any of the theories which are on the table or help to disprove one of them.

amaral has stated his opinion as fact and by doing so has defamed the McCanns....violating their human rights....the supreme court either corrects this or the ECHR will

ferryman

« Reply #1443 on: April 23, 2016, 10:19:55 AM »
Why would Gonçalo Amaral ever want to settle this case out of court? That would have been the equivalent of giving in to their demands. It was good that he held out, something that the McCanns never expected, and a lot of information was able to be made public because the open hearings.

The 'demand' to be left alone to try to find their daughter, whom they had been accused (admittedly by the investigation, not Amaral himself) of murdering

The 'demand' of a reasonable level of redress for being falsely accused (by Amaral) of responsibility for Madeleine's death, concealing her remains and launching a fraudulent fund in their (dead) daughter's name.

What is unreasonable about any of that?

stephen25000

« Reply #1444 on: April 23, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
Why would Gonçalo Amaral ever want to settle this case out of court? That would have been the equivalent of giving in to their demands. It was good that he held out, something that the McCanns never expected, and a lot of information was able to be made public because the open hearings.

I totally agree Montclair.

All the mccanns wanted Amaral's money and for him to be humiliated.

Well the boot is on the other foot now.

The mccann's arrogance has been their undoing.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1445 on: April 23, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »

Agreed. It was never in his interest to give in to their demands. He wrote his book to show how the investigation was conducted and how it reached it's conclusions. It was written in reply to the criticisms, largely in the UK press, saying he was incompetent and lazy.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #1446 on: April 23, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
amaral has stated his opinion as fact and by doing so has defamed the McCanns....violating their human rights....the supreme court either corrects this or the ECHR will

You are going to be very disappointed, and the latter court has a very long waiting list.

Also, there is no guarantee they would hear a case for the mccanns, let alone uphold it.

By the way, what of Amaral's human rights dave ?

The mccanns have tried to destroy him, morally, personally and financially.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1447 on: April 23, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »
The 'demand' to be left alone to try to find their daughter, whom they had been accused (admittedly by the investigation, not Amaral himself) of murdering

The 'demand' of a reasonable level of redress for being falsely accused (by Amaral) of responsibility for Madeleine's death, concealing her remains and launching a fraudulent fund in their (dead) daughter's name.

What is unreasonable about any of that?

The use of the word 'demand' says it all.  Most rational people would use  'request'.

Why should they need redress when 'it isn't about the money'?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:33:39 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1448 on: April 23, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
oh but it is ...............since the day the bucket was put in the foyer ......

they used it for protection ....and still are .....

wanting celebrity status ...to live a life they were not acustomed before all this

who do they think they are ....apart from being the ones who put the children in danger in the first place ....yet every one has to pay ...for the choice they made ....lives ruined in the prossess

they want the profit ....that TOTL has made

how come k mcc .is not back at work ...at least adding to the pot..or maybe she can't....

strange how all the support the mccs get ...no one seems to mention the twins ....and what all this must be doing to them....

G A .....was doing his job .........trying to get to the truth ........and for that   8@??)( 8@??)(

TOTL ....wrote by the detective on the case ....who suspected the mccs were involved ....and the millions spent ...to date ...has not proved him wrong.....

Excellent post Xtina.

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

ferryman

« Reply #1449 on: April 23, 2016, 10:33:36 AM »
The use of the word 'demand' says it all.  Most rational people would use  'request'.

Oh Please, Dr Amaral, SIR, please, please do stop accusing us of killing our daughter, disposing of her remains and launching a fraudulent 'fund' in our (dead) daughter's name.

Please, please, PRETTY please

Is that how you think they should have gone about it?

If you had been similarly accused, is that how you would have gone about it?

stephen25000

« Reply #1450 on: April 23, 2016, 10:37:38 AM »
Oh Please, Dr Amaral, SIR, please, please do stop accusing us of killing our daughter, disposing of her remains and launching a fraudulent 'fund' in our (dead) daughter's name.

Please, please, PRETTY please

Is that how you think they should have gone about it?

If you had been similarly accused, is that how you would have gone about it?

Oh pretty, pretty please, explain why the mccanns repeatedly and recklessly endangered their children.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1451 on: April 23, 2016, 10:38:13 AM »
You are going to be very disappointed, and the latter court has a very long waiting list.

Also, there is no guarantee they would hear a case for the mccanns, let alone uphold it.

By the way, what of Amaral's human rights dave ?

The mccanns have tried to destroy him, morally, personally and financially.

I'm not going to be disappointed I am merely an observer....the trial is about free speech and human rights...amaral has violated the mccanns human rights...thats it

Offline jassi

« Reply #1452 on: April 23, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »
A less confrontational and dictatorial  approach way well have produced better results - IMO

Their whole PR campaign was aimed at suppressing all other views and threatening anyone who openly disagreed with them.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1453 on: April 23, 2016, 10:44:56 AM »
I'm not going to be disappointed I am merely an observer....the trial is about free speech and human rights...amaral has violated the mccanns human rights...thats it

Wrong, in so may ways.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1454 on: April 23, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »
Wrong, in so may ways.

in your opinion