Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533524 times)

ferryman

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1560 on: April 23, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
The judge who determined the original case must be feeling somewhat undermined given the decision by three of Portugal's most senior judges to rubbish her ruling.

Seems she got it totally wrong.

The most senior judges (surely) would reside in the most senior court (the Supreme Court) which has not considered the matter.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1561 on: April 23, 2016, 04:08:45 PM »
What is all this about in Amaral's book,   there wasn't any blood found in the car and none of this is in the police files as far as I know,  if it is can someone post it on here please -

We confidently wait for the evaluation reports from FSS. A few days after the samples are sent, we are informed that the DNA of the blood found in the boot of the McCanns’ car shows a significant match – 50% – with Gerald’s, which means that it is definitely the blood of one of his children. We telephone the public minister to pass on this initial result and wait for the follow-up to the analyses and definite conclusions But the laboratory takes its time.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1562 on: April 23, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »
I think Amaral had The Gaspar Statements long before he was sacked, but what with all the mess he left behind, this would be impossible to prove.

No he didn't or he would've taken action.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1563 on: April 23, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »
Should discussion of the content of Amaral's book have a thread of it's own? I'm sure there's lots to discuss  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1564 on: April 23, 2016, 04:13:38 PM »
Really?
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.stj.pt/&prev=search

I'll leave you to do the Maths.

Ne need for Maths.

Just research on civil cases and the Portuguese Supreme Court.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1565 on: April 23, 2016, 04:13:46 PM »
Should discussion of the content of Amaral's book have a thread of it's own? I'm sure there's lots to discuss  ?{)(**

Indeed.  Please start one.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1566 on: April 23, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »
Lace brought the subject up first, so I'll leave the honours to her
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1567 on: April 23, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
Lace brought the subject up first, so I'll leave the honours to her

Of course.  Why wouldn't you.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1568 on: April 23, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
...While His daughter was being attended to by Abducting Paedophiles...Yes it is best to play tennis, go jogging and do other non fun stuff, It must have been a huge burden to have to not enjoy doing what he used to enjoy doing but to keep doing it anyway because,well because.. Hm can someone help me out with this?

I was thinking if I disappear via abducting necrophiliacs,my children will have the sense to self harm by playing golf,Tennis,mountain climbing, running marathons and hating every bloody minute of it.

And this was his bedroom reading.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #1569 on: April 23, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »
Ne need for Maths.

Just research on civil cases and the Portuguese Supreme Court.

The details of civil cases are on the "Sessions Resolved" section in the link I provided - and that is just for 2016.
It is no use googling Portuguese Supreme Court Civil cases, you have to use the correct Portuguese court title.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1570 on: April 23, 2016, 04:38:43 PM »
What is all this about in Amaral's book,   there wasn't any blood found in the car and none of this is in the police files as far as I know,  if it is can someone post it on here please -

We confidently wait for the evaluation reports from FSS. A few days after the samples are sent, we are informed that the DNA of the blood found in the boot of the McCanns’ car shows a significant match – 50% – with Gerald’s, which means that it is definitely the blood of one of his children. We telephone the public minister to pass on this initial result and wait for the follow-up to the analyses and definite conclusions But the laboratory takes its time.

No, not in the files that I've seen.

Even if that were true, I'm still bewildered as to how he managed to jump to the assumption that the "blood" (never forensically corroborated) must have belonged to one of his children.

However 'unusual' some of his 'expert' interpretations of such 'facts' appear to be, according to the latest PT ruling, he appears to have the right to express them.

A problem is that many people don't even question these assertions and assume them to be an expert analysis...

stephen25000

« Reply #1571 on: April 23, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »
The details of civil cases are on the "Sessions Resolved" section in the link I provided - and that is just for 2016.
It is no use googling Portuguese Supreme Court Civil cases, you have to use the correct Portuguese court title.

As you are well aware, there is no guarantee this case will be accepted by the Supreme Court.

In a previous session there, the mccanns lost hands down.

Offline xtina

« Reply #1572 on: April 23, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »
messages of support from those who donated to the fund......money that was so well spent...

Anônimo Anônimo £4,000

From a group of company workers and of the legal system who are stupefied with what has happened. Portugal and Great Britain are old allies, but the McCanns and the British tabloids have tried to separate us. We all see perfectly what they are trying to do, freezing Dr. Amaral's assets in order to keep him from defending himself, while they use the millions that were donated by the public to sue him. This is not justice. This is wrong. The McCanns lost 5 of their 7 claims, but the British press hasn't reported it, neither did they report the harsh words used by the judge in relation to their presumed "proof". They must pay 60% of the costs, but the British press has not reported it. This small donation is to ensure that this venomous act of hate will not succeed. We believe that one day the truth will be told, although it will be improbable that it will be the parents who will do it.

£1,000
MPS -
MPS from an anonymous but very large group of Brit. police officers, outraged at the way in which an SIO has been treated. This strikes at the very basis of the way investigations whould be conducted, “Without Fear or Favour, Malice or ill will”. The world can clearly see where the malice and ill-will are in this case.
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1573 on: April 23, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »
No, not in the files that I've seen.

Even if that were true, I'm still bewildered as to how he managed to jump to the assumption that the "blood" (never forensically corroborated) must have belonged to one of his children.

However 'unusual' some of his 'expert' interpretations of such 'facts' appear to be, according to the latest PT ruling, he appears to have the right to express them.

A problem is that many people don't even question these assertions and assume them to be an expert analysis...

I'm wondering if those judges even read the book and compared it to the Police Files,  they said he was allowed to write what was in the files but that wasn't,  and straight away people will think it was 'Madeleine's blood' especially coming from the co-ordinator of the case.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1574 on: April 23, 2016, 05:12:20 PM »
As you are well aware, there is no guarantee this case will be accepted by the Supreme Court.

In a previous session there, the mccanns lost hands down.

4. From the above mentioned, it is agreed, in accordance with both appeals, to revoke the appealed decision and, considering the action against them to be unfounded, to acquit the appealing plaintiffs of the totality of the requests. The costs, in both instances [courts] are to be paid by the appealed subjects [Kate and Gerry McCann].

I wonder what "unfounded" means in this context? I wonder if it is like "vexatious" "frivolous" and "without merit"
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey