Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533500 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1650 on: April 24, 2016, 07:36:19 AM »
Following this latest court decision, how much money is left in gofundmejusticegoncalo?

Probably enough. That's why they closed it and said 'Thank you very much, we have enough for our needs'. I don't think you will ever hear a similar statement from the other party.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #1651 on: April 24, 2016, 07:50:32 AM »
You obviously still missed the point of the post.

I think the point of my post was very clear.

Did Amaral lie?

Or was Amaral incompetent?

Beyond doubt, huge swathes of his book and (I'm sure) his documentary (which I confess I've not seen) are factual inaccuracies, that denigrate, traduce and malign Kate and Gerry McCann.

The McCanns are innocent of anything culpable in the disappearance of their daughter.

The Portuguese prosecutors did not even find the 'neglect' allegation to be sustained (even though, I think, they underestimated the frequency of checks).

Woke and wandered (as a possible explanation of Madeleine's disappearance) was explored by the shelved investigation and dismissed.

Parental involvement (in anything culpable) was emphatically dismissed.

And yet Amaral has accused the McCanns:

Of knowing Madeleine is dead

Killing Madeleine (but before Stephen25000 gets excited) not murdering her.

Of transporting Madeleine dead to Huelva in Spain in the Renault Scenic.

Launching a fraudulent fund in their 'dead' daughter's name.

He has manipulated and twisted the reports of Mark Harrison

He has (almost certainly) misrepresented and maligned Stuart Prior.

He has twisted, mangled and misrepresented facts of an investigation he was allowed to head up for far too long.

And now he seems on the brink of being allowed to once more profit from these lies by resuming sale of his book.

stephen25000

« Reply #1652 on: April 24, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »

Did Amaral lie?

Beyond doubt, huge swathes of his book and (I'm sure) his documentary (which I confess I've not seen) are factual inaccuracies, that denigrate, traduce and malign Kate and Gerry McCann.

The McCanns are innocent of anything culpable in the disappearance of their daughter.

The Portuguese prosecutors did not even find the 'neglect' allegation to be sustained (even though, I think, they underestimated the frequency of checks).

Woke and wandered (as a possible explanation of Madeleine's disappearance) was explored by the shelved investigation and dismissed.

He has twisted, mangled and misrepresented facts of an investigation he was allowed to head up for far too long.

And now he seems on the brink of being allowed to once more profit from these lies by resuming sale of his book.

Apart from your fellow supporters ferryman, you repeated mantra is wasted.

People viewing the forum can look at the evidence themselves, and now they know that members of the SY team have donated to Amaral's fund.................

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1653 on: April 24, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
Mod:

In reporting posts, in order to prevent escalation of hostilities please make no comment about having made the report. This can be seen as goading.

rather than addressing the victims of abusive posts could you address those who are making repeated abusive posts who now see the small amount of points against them as a badge of honour....Admin has clearly asked goading posts to stop and is clearly being ignored.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1654 on: April 24, 2016, 08:20:56 AM »
any reports on the portuguese tv programme featuring amaral last night

Offline Lace

« Reply #1655 on: April 24, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
The mccanns will get their just desserts.

You can be sure of that.

Don't forget what the Portuguese and other countries press will do to the mccanns.

That is a rather strong statement,   'The McCann's will get their just desserts'   one would even think there was some sort of personal vendetta.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1656 on: April 24, 2016, 08:26:03 AM »

Apart from your fellow supporters ferryman, you repeated mantra is wasted.

People viewing the forum can look at the evidence themselves, and now they know that members of the SY team have donated to Amaral's fund.................

i don't think we do know that SY members contributed...it is just a claim by a disgraced alcoholic former british ambassador

Offline jassi

« Reply #1657 on: April 24, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »
i don't think we do know that SY members contributed...it is just a claim by a disgraced alcoholic former british ambassador

Well, that's put him in his place     @)(++(*

Need to know any more? - contact Davel@dirtdiggersR us.co.uk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:37:57 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #1658 on: April 24, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
any reports on the portuguese tv programme featuring amaral last night

They were all probably saying how they thought the McCann's guilty and how they tried to prove it.  blah blah.

It must be an embarrassment to the Portuguese Police who are searching for Madeleine and have said the McCann's are not involved.

stephen25000

« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
That is a rather strong statement,   'The McCann's will get their just desserts'   one would even think there was some sort of personal vendetta.

Hardly.

The vendetta was the mccanns.

It has become unstuck big time.

Do keep up.

stephen25000

« Reply #1660 on: April 24, 2016, 08:33:42 AM »

Oh yes we do.

The cat is out of the bag dave.

Get over it.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1661 on: April 24, 2016, 08:36:36 AM »
Hardly.

Do keep up.

You have been bouncing since the outcome every day,  what is it Stephen,   someone put you down in the past?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1662 on: April 24, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »

Did Amaral lie?

Perhaps he suffered from an inaccurate memory like the McCanns and their mates? Perhaps the book/files weren't properly translated? Perhaps being denigrated, traduced and maligned by the UK media didn't help?

Those who understand the language, including the judge in the lower court, didn't pick up on your list;

28.   (Items 27 & 28) It is proved that the facts in the book and in the documentary, concerning the investigation, are mostly facts that took place in the investigation and are documented as such. 

You can complain all you like, but it won't make an iota of difference. The Portuguese Judiciary are all agreed that he used the information in the official files to write his book and make the documentary.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #1663 on: April 24, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »
Hardly.

Do keep up.

If the court case had been here instead of Portugal,  the McCann's would have won as his book is libellous.   How do you feel about that?    Or is it ok to say that the McCann's would have been found negligent in the Uk for leaving their children.

stephen25000

« Reply #1664 on: April 24, 2016, 08:42:15 AM »
You have been bouncing since the outcome every day,  what is it Stephen,   someone put you down in the past?

Oh dear, trying to play amateur psychologist now lace.

Don't you remember how the mccann supporters gloated after the first judge awarded damages ?

Basically, you have a chip on your shoulder and you and the rest of your club can't take a bit of your own medicine.

Tough.