Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533499 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1830 on: April 27, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »
If someone had made a statement to say that the McCanns were Chinese, the "fact" is that it would be in the files. It doesn't mean that the statement is factually correct.

Well it's clear to me that some of the 'facts' in the files were incorrect. No-one said they were all true. They said that his book referred to information which is in the files, that's all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1831 on: April 27, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »
Well it's clear to me that some of the 'facts' in the files were incorrect. No-one said they were all true. They said that his book referred to information which is in the files, that's all.

Plus a lot that isn't.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1832 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »
Plus a lot that isn't.

I've no idea, Eleanor, as I haven't read Amaral's book. Presumably the judges did or someone did on their behalf because they all agreed that he used the information in the files to produce his thesis.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1833 on: April 27, 2016, 03:31:36 PM »
I've no idea, Eleanor, as I haven't read Amaral's book. Presumably the judges did or someone did on their behalf because they all agreed that he used the information in the files to produce his thesis.

I think it was The Judge who said that some of his "Facts" aren't in The Files.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1834 on: April 27, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »

I have no problem with people who have genuine questions, and never have.

What I object to is people who claim to be 'truth and justice researchers' who cherry-pick details to support their view and who continue to promote long-debunked myths (100% DNA in the car (nope), the TdeA report as being the final PJ report (nope) , the allegation that the CATS reference file must have been emptied, when it never contained anything in the first place...).

Why do they do this?

ferryman

« Reply #1835 on: April 27, 2016, 05:16:26 PM »

What do you judge against to conclude that the files are wrong?

stephen25000

« Reply #1836 on: April 27, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »

As things stand at the moment, it is apparently legitimate for Amaral to promote his 'opinion /interpretation' of unverified facts from the files, plus some that appear out of nowhere, and make a personal fortune out of it as a former lead investigator (albeit for a few months) and who has little experience of such cases, however garbled much of his 'interpretation' actually is.

Have you read the transcript of the program on Saturday night Carana.

ferryman

« Reply #1837 on: April 27, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »

Not so, it would seem.  What it might be in UK is irrelevant.

Why.

The appeal-court judges ignored that Amaral breached judicial secrecy, invalidating the defence invoked on Amaral's behalf

OR

If that isn't the case, the McCanns will not be granted leave to appeal.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1838 on: April 27, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »
Why.

The appeal-court judges ignored that Amaral breached judicial secrecy, invalidating the defence invoked on Amaral's behalf

OR

If that isn't the case, the McCanns will not be granted leave to appeal.

As I inderstand the current case is to do with damages, not libel
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

« Reply #1839 on: April 27, 2016, 06:10:15 PM »
Her chances of being found alive have always been nil - IMO.

It's attitudes like yours that contribute to making such opinions self-fulfilling prophecies ...

Offline jassi

« Reply #1840 on: April 27, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
It's attitudes like yours that contribute to making such opinions self-fulfilling prophecies ...

My attitude has absolutely no effect upon reality.  Things aren't change by mind power.
If I thought her alive, it wouldn't make it so.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1841 on: April 27, 2016, 06:31:31 PM »
I have no problem with people who have genuine questions, and never have.

What I object to is people who claim to be 'truth and justice researchers' who cherry-pick details to support their view and who continue to promote long-debunked myths (100% DNA in the car (nope), the TdeA report as being the final PJ report (nope) , the allegation that the CATS reference file must have been emptied, when it never contained anything in the first place...).

Why do they do this?

Those who say the McCanns were declared innocent when the PJ files were archived, those who insist the 'libel' trial was about Amaral's 'lies', those who said he had no grounds to appeal, those who say there is a joint UK/Prtugal investigation, those who say the re-opened Portuguese investigation said the McCanns are not suspects. We can all make lists.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1842 on: April 27, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »
What do you judge against to conclude that the files are wrong?

The chef said everyone had gone from the table by 9.40pm. Someone's got it wrong.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ARLINDO-PELEGA.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1843 on: April 27, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
Nine years later, he STILL hasn't understood the DNA issue, yet Corte-Real explained in his 'documentary"...  8(8-))

I recall that before we had the official report, we had a preliminary report which indicated that the fluids found in the car rented a month after the disappearance belonged to Madeleine McCann. And when the report arrived, it was no longer like that. It was said at the time that the profile with a series of alleles matched Madeleine's, yet they said that anyone in that laboratory could have contributed to that profile. So, why did it match to Madeleine's, and not, say to the US president profile? There's something very strange about that analysis, something that should be questioned, verified, investigated. I believe that when forensic analyses are done, the laboratory technician has to keep a record of what he is doing. I don't know if that was destroyed or not, but it should exist along side the report.

I don't know what some of you are on about, but the above only confirms what Gonçalo Amaral has always said. There was a preliminary report which confirmed Madeleine's DNA in the car and in the final report, it was the complete opposite.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:52:06 PM by Montclair »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1844 on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »
I don't know what some of you are on about, but the above only confirms what Gonçalo Amaral has always said. There was a preliminary report which confirmed Madeleine's DNA in the car and in the final report, it was the complete the opposite.

Strange that the final report should be so different.

Or maybe not -