Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533532 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1995 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
IMO there will be no application to appeal to the supreme court.
Instead action will probably already be underway under UK law to try to prevent UK publication IMO.
And a few polite letters like:
"Dear William H, You've always been respected over your long history for your wise very cautious choices of what books to sell therefore we obviously have every expectation that ........... . Cheers, A"
The book in its resent form could not be sold in the uk due to the laws of libel

stephen25000

« Reply #1996 on: April 29, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »
I will continue to support the McCanns because the evidence supports their  innocence

There is no evidence to charge anyone with anything.

The investigation will draw to a close.

The mccanns will be left in limbo as I expected.

and nobody else to blame but themselves.

stephen25000

« Reply #1997 on: April 29, 2016, 05:50:19 PM »
The book in its resent form could not be sold in the uk due to the laws of libel

Anyone who is on the net can avail themselves of the book all too easily.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1998 on: April 29, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
MOD NOTE

Not sure why things have kicked off a bit, but kindly be more civil to each other.  Over-heated posts have already been deleted, so please calm down a bit.  Thanks.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1999 on: April 29, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
There is no evidence to charge anyone with anything.

The investigation will draw to a close.

The mccanns will be left in limbo as I expected.

and nobody else to blame but themselves.

And I will continue to support the McCanns as the evidence points to their innocence

Offline jassi

« Reply #2000 on: April 29, 2016, 05:53:03 PM »

Presumably anyone could buy a hard copy from anywhere outside UK territory.
I doubt the McCanns could impose a ban on buying the book.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #2001 on: April 29, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
And I will continue to support the McCanns as the evidence points to their innocence

While they might be very gratified by your continued support, I doubt it will make any difference to the situation they find themselves in.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2002 on: April 29, 2016, 05:56:00 PM »
I'm predicting that applications for injunctions or whatever they call them under UK law are probably already being prepared by some expensive outfit in London Davel. Also that no appeal will be made to the supreme court in Portugal. Are you predicting that the appeal definitely will happen?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2003 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »

this version has been available for the past 8 years ....i'm talking about an english version in bookshops

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2004 on: April 29, 2016, 06:05:55 PM »
While they might be very gratified by your continued support, I doubt it will make any difference to the situation they find themselves in.

I was answering stephen's question...posts taken out of context often won't make sense

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2005 on: April 29, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »
I'm predicting that applications for injunctions or whatever they call them under UK law are probably already being prepared by some expensive outfit in London Davel. Also that no appeal will be made to the supreme court in Portugal. Are you predicting that the appeal definitely will happen?

I think you are wrong re the injuctions....no publisher would touch the book in the UK as it is so obviously libellous,,,i'm sure the mccanns would absolutely love amaral to publish here.....and I think they will appeal.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2006 on: April 29, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »
I think you are wrong re the injuctions....no publisher would touch the book in the UK as it is so obviously libellous,,,i'm sure the mccanns would absolutely love amaral to publish here.....and I think they will appeal.

It is only a matter of time before a UK national newspaper serializes the book and publishes excerpts which are not libellous.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:54:35 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2007 on: April 29, 2016, 06:56:23 PM »
It is only a matter of time before a national newspaper serializes the book and publishes excerpts which are not libellous.

How could they justify that, bearing in mind that the only people who will buy it are by definition sick vile trolls?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2008 on: April 29, 2016, 07:00:07 PM »

The McCanns cannot afford not to go to the Supreme Court in Portugal because there is just too much at stake.  I don't think the Court will entertain them though unless they can persuade it on a crucial point of law.  I think they have cooked their own goose because Amaral now has the ball at his feet and could ruin them.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #2009 on: April 29, 2016, 07:00:52 PM »
this version has been available for the past 8 years ....i'm talking about an english version in bookshops

Available, all too easily in English.