Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533522 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #2056 on: April 30, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
Did I read somewhere that their friend Sir Phillip Green is quite good at spreading his assets around? Maybe he could advise them.

It sounds to me as if the Supreme Court should take some precautions if they are asked to hear an appeal by the McCanns. Everything they owe to date should be lodged with the court plus a sum to cover the appeal costs if they lose again.

There are plenty of poeple who could advise them. The point I am making is that they will not be ruined financially. They have never tried to profit personally from their situation.... If I was them i would start thinking about the twins future and put a serious amount of money into trust for them....money they could easily make now as I have dscribed

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2057 on: April 30, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
(snip)... They have had and still have the opportunity to earn millions from personal appearances... (snip)
But Davel didn't the spokesperson tell us they weren't paid a cent for the Oprah appearance?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2058 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:27 PM »
Davel how can you suggest they charge for appearances?. The aim is to publicise the search, not to charge money, and here is proof straight from the horse's mouth, that even for the biggest appearance ever, not a single nickel was received.

'Mr Mitchell played down speculation of a multi-million pound deal for the interview.
"Oprah Winfrey does not pay for interviews," he said.
"Kate and Gerry will not be receiving a single dollar for this and neither will the fund for Madeleine.'
http://news.sky.com/story/685479/mccanns-to-appear-on-oprah-winfrey-show
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:59:56 PM by pegasus »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2059 on: April 30, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »
"A spokesperson for ITV told Mirror Celebs: "The McCanns have never been booked or confirmed to come and appear on Lorraine next Tuesday."

It was reported that Kate and Gerry were going to talk on the Lorraine show, nine years after their daughter disappeared from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007, according to the Daily Star."

The daily star should be sued where ever did they get that info from?

"The couple, from Rothley, Leics, vowed to spend “every penny” of the cash on the hunt for their missing daughter.

(where have we heard that before)

But those plans were put on hold last May when Amaral, the officer tasked with finding Madeleine, lodged an appeal.

aw  damn that man for crushing a funded seach for their child, no one is bothering to look for her because of him.... oh wait....

They are taking the case to Portugal’s Supreme Court - which will have the final say on whether Amaral should pay damages.

Oh Interesting,what money are they spending to do that? not that pesky fund which was being used to search for ...
Good luck with the Supreme court, demand a recount of the judges votes,or just tell them you are British and won't stand for this behaviour Gerry.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2060 on: April 30, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
Davel how can you suggest they charge for appearances?. The aim is to publicise the search, not to charge money, and here is proof straight from the horse's mouth, that even for the biggest appearance ever, not a single nickel was received.

'Mr Mitchell played down speculation of a multi-million pound deal for the interview.
"Oprah Winfrey does not pay for interviews," he said.
"Kate and Gerry will not be receiving a single dollar for this and neither will the fund for Madeleine.'
http://news.sky.com/story/685479/mccanns-to-appear-on-oprah-winfrey-show

things are changing...John points to potential financial ruin.....I don't see it hapenning

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2061 on: April 30, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
There are plenty of poeple who could advise them. The point I am making is that they will not be ruined financially. They have never tried to profit personally from their situation.... If I was them i would start thinking about the twins future and put a serious amount of money into trust for them....money they could easily make now as I have dscribed

Well it was never about money, was it? I think the days when they could make serious money from interviews may be over. No-one is going to pay serious money to hear the same old song in my opinion. They will need to offer something more now - everybody knows that song off by heart.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2062 on: April 30, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »
Well it was never about money, was it? I think the days when they could make serious money from interviews may be over. No-one is going to pay serious money to hear the same old song in my opinion. They will need to offer something more now - everybody knows that song off by heart.

is that the fat lady singing?.. so those who followed the pied piper and his musical array should step aside and listen to how they have indeed been played' like a symphony'. Many theories will be discussed not just one.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2063 on: April 30, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »
things are changing...John points to potential financial ruin.....I don't see it hapenning
Mitchell clearly states that they didn't receive a dime from Oprah and nor did the fund.
Are you sure there is now a charge for appearances Davel?

stephen25000

« Reply #2064 on: April 30, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
The Mirror denying.

Oh what a surprise.

Always after the event.

....and we know the Mirror ( the home of the sardine munching quote ) has backed the mccanns since the start.

stephen25000

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2066 on: April 30, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »
...and just to show the book is now back in circulation

http://www.guerraepaz.net/conteudo.aspx?lang=pt&id_object=2401&name=MADDIE---A-VERDADE-DA-MENTIRA

But is anyone buying it
What are the sale figures

stephen25000

« Reply #2067 on: April 30, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
But is anyone buying it
What are the sale figures

It has only just been re-released.

It's too early for the sales figures.

The bottom line , it's on sale, and that really gets to you.

IMO of course.

Do you know how many were sold before the ban ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2068 on: April 30, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
It has only just been re-released.

It's too early for the sales figures.

The bottom line , it's on sale, and that really gets to you.

IMO of course.

Do you know how many were sold before the ban ?

You are stating opinion as fact again
You are way off the mark of you think the book sale "really gets to me"
I'm just an interested observer
I would have thought those who were interested have already read it

Offline John

« Reply #2069 on: April 30, 2016, 02:45:20 PM »

But it must be a huge worry for them?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.