Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533531 times)

stephen25000

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #2070 on: April 30, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
You are stating opinion as fact again
You are way off the mark of you think the book sale "really gets to me"
I'm just an interested observer
I would have thought those who were interested have already read it

Wait and see.

It's just started.

Offline John

« Reply #2071 on: April 30, 2016, 02:48:05 PM »
You are stating opinion as fact again
You are way off the mark of you think the book sale "really gets to me"
I'm just an interested observer
I would have thought those who were interested have already read it

I would have thought Amaral should have added to the original book or even published an update of the events which have just been played out in Court.  The original content is well past its sell-by date these days.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #2072 on: April 30, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
But is anyone buying it
What are the sale figures

The important thing is that the book is no longer banned and is available. A friend saw four copies of the book at the paper shop at Portimão hospital and the next day there none left. There are copies at the paper shop in the town where I live.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2073 on: April 30, 2016, 03:34:22 PM »
The important thing is that the book is no longer banned and is available. A friend saw four copies of the book at the paper shop at Portimão hospital and the next day there none left. There are copies at the paper shop in the town where I live.

#its important its on sale but no good if it isn't selling

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2074 on: April 30, 2016, 03:46:53 PM »
But it must be a huge worry for them?

absolutely

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2075 on: April 30, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
But Davel didn't the spokesperson tell us they weren't paid a cent for the Oprah appearance?

From what I have read recently they have tirned down interviews...the point i am making is that they do have the opportunity to earn a lot of money if they wish and this money could be put out of the way of any one trying to sue them

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2076 on: April 30, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »
From what I have read recently they have tirned down interviews...the point i am making is that they do have the opportunity to earn a lot of money if they wish and this money could be put out of the way of any one trying to sue them
What is the aim of doing TV appeals? IMO it is to appeal to the viewers for information Davel. Yes it's easy to protect money from lawsuits by paying it into a trust or ltd company or similar, but the issue here is appealing to the viewers, not seeing how much broadcasters will bid.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:15:29 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

The PJGA fund "contains adequate funds for a sound legal defence should the case be brought to Supreme Court".
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/statement_26.html

Offline mercury

Great news, no sane person would support an unlevel playng field

Offline mercury

What is the aim of doing TV appeals? IMO it is to appeal to the viewers for information Davel. Yes it's easy to protect money from lawsuits by paying it into a trust or ltd company or similar, but the issue here is appealing to the viewers, not seeing how much broadcasters will bid.

Every penny is always spent on looking for maddie..now a supporter suggest they hide it all lol and not spend i t on looking, ooerr

But amaral has no right to do what he wants with his money (when its not frozen by the mccanns with the epithet he deserves to be mserable)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:35:06 AM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

The PJGA fund "contains adequate funds for a sound legal defence should the case be brought to Supreme Court".
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/statement_26.html

Therefore it is recognised that in the event of the failure of Mr Amaral's appeal ... there was a contingency plan in place for him to take his case to the Supreme Court.

Some Amaral supporters have derided the McCann option to take the same avenue of appeal ... wonder why the difference in attitude to the right of one party and the same right of the other?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

Therefore it is recognised that in the event of the failure of Mr Amaral's appeal ... there was a contingency plan in place for him to take his case to the Supreme Court.

Some Amaral supporters have derided the  McCann option to take the same avenue of appeal ... wonder why the difference in attitude to the right of one party and the same right of the other?

People donating to the madeleine fund did not donate for vexatious mccann litigations, nether dd thy donate to be asked further  to BUY posters and t shrts

Amarals defence fund was clear from the off...no comparison whatsoever

Sour grapes dont help to fnd maddie do they

Be SEEING ya soon
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:47:58 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

Therefore it is recognised that in the event of the failure of Mr Amaral's appeal ... there was a contingency plan in place for him to take his case to the Supreme Court. ...(snip)
Yes that's correct Brietta but is now hypothetical because he won the appeal.
Once again I'm predicting that his opponents will not appeal to the supreme court.

Offline Brietta

Yes that's correct Brietta but is now hypothetical because he won the appeal.
Once again I'm predicting that his opponents will not appeal to the supreme court.

The McCanns have exactly the same right of appeal that Mr Amaral had ... two sides of the same coin.  Whether or not they exercise it is entirely a matter for them.  Whether or not the supreme court allows it to be heard is entirely a matter for the supreme court.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

The McCanns have exactly the same right of appeal that Mr Amaral had ... two sides of the same coin.  Whether or not they exercise it is entirely a matter for them.  Whether or not the supreme court allows it to be heard is entirely a matter for the supreme court.
Agreed. However if a hypothetically a lawyer advises them that an appeal is unlikely to succeed, then the optimum action is presumably to not make the appeal. Anyway we should know in about 20 days? The PJGA site has said they will keep people updated
"We will endeavour to keep you informed as and when we receive further information regarding the re-appeal"
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/