Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533533 times)

Offline Angelo222

If you read the book...which it appears many posters here have not...you will see the Mccanns had no choice but to sue

Oh but they did have a choice.  They could have cooperated with the investigation,  stayed in Portugal and taken part in a proper reconstruction.  Remember what the official archiving report stated...the McCanns lost the opportunity to demonstrate what they had claimed.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Of course they had a choice.

If they had left it alone, very few people would have ever heard of him.

They, by their civil action have given him worldwide publicity, and as a consequence he will make money.

Meanwhile the mccanns can seethe away.

If you read the part judgement now added to the opening post, that is exactly what the three appeal court judges found.

And because from the proved matter results that – apart from it being about facts that have been profusely published in the inquiry and even publicised through an initiative of the Republic’s Prosecutor General’s Office – it was the subjects of the appeal themselves [Kate and Gerry McCann] who, benefiting from an easy access, multiplied themselves in interviews and interventions in national and international media, one must conclude that it was them who, voluntarily, limited their rights to reservation and to the intimacy of private life.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:42:57 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

Oh but they did have a choice.  They could have cooperated with the investigation,  stayed in Portugal and taken part in a proper reconstruction.  Remember what the official archiving report stated...the McCanns lost the opportunity to demonstrate what they had claimed.

they fled portugal as soon as they could didnt they??

Offline pathfinder73

so at the time the statement was made the lawyers had not analysed the book....once analysed it seems they decided they would have to sue

They won't learn anything from it. The McCann just want you to believe what they tell you.

Q – Former inspector Gonçalo Amaral remains convinced of your involvement in Madeleine's disappearance. Did you read 'The Truth of the Lie', the book that he wrote?

Kate and Gerry – No.

Kate – Why would I?

Gerry – I won't learn anything from reading it.

Q – It was a success in Portugal.

Gerry – Was it? How many copies did it sell?

Q – Approximately 200 thousand. Next week, it is released in Spain.

Gerry – That is what can be called illicit enrichment.

Q – Your English lawyers already have a translated copy and they are analysing it. Do you intend to sue Gonçalo Amaral?

Gerry – At this moment we are focused on what we can do to find Madeleine and not in suing anyone.

Kate – All that I am going to say about this – because I'm not going to waste any time on Mr Amaral – is that as a professional and as a person his behaviour has been a disgrace.

Q – Aren't you curious to know what the book says?

Kate – What for? It must be nothing but a load of rubbish. It is so secondary… It certainly won't help to find our daughter. My consolation is that on the cover . We never called her anything like that. My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that.

The media didn't Invent that name. All close friends of them referred to Madeleine as Maddy. The nannies referred to her as Maddy. The person who came to the night creche and informed them heard shouting for Maddy. Why does Kate spread BS?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:44:15 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

they fled portugal as soon as they could didnt they??

No, they fled Portugal as soon as they thought things were getting difficult for them.
Quite happy to stay while things seemed to be going their way.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

No, they fled Portugal as soon as they thought things were getting difficult for them.
Quite happy to stay while things seemed to be going their way.

Not quite true jassi, they had to stay while designated arguidos or face arrest.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

i think we need to cahange the title of the thread...posters here do not seem yo understand the idea of sticking to a topic

Offline jassi

Perhaps the thread is coming to its natural end.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

Why would they want to stay in a country where the police had decided they were guilty of a crime which they knew they had not committed?   What would be the point?

The whole idea that they should have stayed and actually helped the police to pin the crime on them is too ridiculous for words.   They would have to be insane to do that.

IMO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

i think we need to cahange the title of the thread...posters here do not seem yo understand the idea of sticking to a topic

Yes, I have removed my comment and those associated with it.

Please stay on topic.

Amaral winning this appeal must be the greatest setback the McCanns have had in nine years.  It will be nine years tomorrow since Maddie disappeared.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:01:55 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

Please stay on topic.

Amaral winning this appeal must be the greatest setback the McCanns have had in nine years.  It will be nine years tomorrow since Maddie disappeared.

angelo imo  i think  the ruling  gave  maddie the justice  she  deserves  GA has never  stopped  fighting for her  and the truth  imo

Offline G-Unit

Please stay on topic.

A year ago today the papers were full of the McCann's pain and heartbreak and how online trolls were donating to a gofundme appeal for the legal bills of a 'shamed' detective. How times change.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

angelo imo  i think  the ruling  gave  maddie the justice  she  deserves  GA has never  stopped  fighting for her  and the truth  imo

have you read his book...he got most of the important facts wrong...his fight is not about jusice for maddie...it is about justice for himself

Offline Mr Gray

A year ago today the papers were full of the McCann's pain and heartbreak and how online trolls were donating to a gofundme appeal for the legal bills of a 'shamed' detective. How times change.

it isn't over yet and hopefully amaral will be exposed for all the things he got wrong about the case

Offline jassi

it isn't over yet and hopefully amaral will be exposed for all the things he got wrong about the case

Not likely to change the outcome though.

Or maybe not -