Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533520 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Not likely to change the outcome though.

I think the best is yet to come

stephen25000

Not for the mccanns dave.

Offline jassi

So do I  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

I think it's quite unlikely that the Supreme Court is going to overturn the findings of the Appeal Court. Perhaps someone would like to suggest what grounds there may be?

Please note Amaral's 'lies' are not relevant and the legal restrictions on Amaral relied upon by the first judge were rejected by the Appeal Court judges.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

So do I  ?{)(**

Bearing in mind 60 percent of the claim was booted out first time around I wonder the McCanns did not appeal against that judgment ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

Bearing in mind 60 percent of the claim was booted out first time around I wonder the McCanns did not appeal against that judgment ?

I can only presume that they had nothing to gain from such action.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

Of course they had a choice.

If they had left it alone, very few people would have ever heard of him.

They, by their civil action have given him worldwide publicity, and as a consequence he will make money.

Meanwhile the mccanns can seethe away.

You mean he wouldn't have made a documentary ... distributed a DVD ... made innumerable media interviews and television appearances as an expert on all things McCann?

If he had stopped at the book, I think you are correct that he would have faded into oblivion ... but he wasn't going to allow that to interfere with his new found media career, was he?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

You mean he wouldn't have made a documentary ... distributed a DVD ... made innumerable media interviews and television appearances as an expert on all things McCann?

If he had stopped at the book, I think you are correct that he would have faded into oblivion ... but he wasn't going to allow that to interfere with his new found media career, was he?

Just as well he didn't then, for otherwise,who would you all have found to slag off for all these years?

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

Just as well he didn't then, for otherwise,who would you all have found to slag off for all these years?

While you always and for ever have The McCanns.

Offline jassi

While you always and for ever have The McCanns.

%£&)**#        Good, isn't it ? 8)--))

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

%£&)**#        Good, isn't it ? 8)--))

How very sad that you should think that this is good.

stephen25000

The Mccanns as you know have used the media extensively from Day 1, and subsequently, courtesy of their PR team and Clarence Mitchell.

The Mccanns too, could have slipped into the background as well. I believe their egos came to the fore, and Gerry Mccann especially enjoyed the spotlight (though clearly not in his recent TV appearance).

Can you tell me how appearing say on the Oprah Winfrey show helped the search for Madeleine ?

Having watched that program, it is clearly discernible they enjoyed being in the spotlight, though as to whether their host believed them is another matter entirely.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:03:03 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline ShiningInLuz

Not quite true jassi, they had to stay while designated arguidos or face arrest.
Whilst strictly speaking off-topic, the McCanns were arguidos when they returned to the UK, and remained so until the case was archived.

And to get back on topic, I'm finding it easier just to wait a shortish time to see if an appeal is launched with the SC.  It would appear at the moment that Gonçalo Amaral has a much freer hand than normal to pursue his ventures, so the McCanns need to think carefully about whether an appeal is worth it or not.

Am I right in thinking the original award was only made against Amaral, and not the book publishers, TVI, and the DVD publishers (if they were actually involved in the trial)?  Seems odd that Amaral got singled out, since the TVI 'documentary' struck me as inflicting much more significant damage.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

The Mccanns as you know have used the media extensively from Day 1, and subsequently, courtesy of their PR team and Clarence Mitchell.

The Mccanns too, could have slipped into the background as well. I believe their egos came to the fore, and Gerry Mccann especially enjoyed the spotlight (though clearly not in his recent TV appearance).

Can you tell me how appearing say on the Oprah Winfrey show helped the search for Madeleine ?

Having watched that program, it is clearly discernible they enjoyed being in the spotlight, though as to whether their host believed them is another matter entirely.

Their media appearances were for one reason only and that was to keep Madeleine in the public eye and consciousness.

The measure of their success is in proportion to the vilification heaped upon them for doing so and the fact that Madeleine is still known nine years after her disappearance.

"We would like to say a few words to the person who is with our Madeleine, or has been with Madeleine.

Madeleine is a beautiful, bright, sunny and caring little girl.

She is so special.

Please, please, do not hurt her.

Please do not scare her, please let us know where to find Madeleine or put her in place of safety and tell somebody where.

We beg you to let Madeleine come home."
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

Whilst strictly speaking off-topic, the McCanns were arguidos when they returned to the UK, and remained so until the case was archived.

And to get back on topic, I'm finding it easier just to wait a shortish time to see if an appeal is launched with the SC.  It would appear at the moment that Gonçalo Amaral has a much freer hand than normal to pursue his ventures, so the McCanns need to think carefully about whether an appeal is worth it or not.

Am I right in thinking the original award was only made against Amaral, and not the book publishers, TVI, and the DVD publishers (if they were actually involved in the trial)?  Seems odd that Amaral got singled out, since the TVI 'documentary' struck me as inflicting much more significant damage.

How long have they got left - a couple of weeks ?

Have they anything to lose by appealing ?

Or maybe not -