Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533531 times)

Offline jassi

if the Mccanns cannot win in the courts perhaps they will answer the accusations in a book...as amaral has done.

They will have a lot of ammunition...pictures of cipriano for starters....his poor detective work in the case...his total misunderstanding of the forensics.......would be very interesting

How would that further the search for Madeleine ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

How would that further the search for Madeleine ?
It's quite difficult to promote a search when someone else is promoting your dishonesty

Offline jassi

It's quite difficult to promote a search when someone else is promoting your dishonesty

Not really. I believe it's called multitasking.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

Not really. I believe it's called multitasking.

So when did the mccanns last physically search ?

Offline John

if the Mccanns cannot win in the courts perhaps they will answer the accusations in a book...as amaral has done.

They will have a lot of ammunition...pictures of cipriano for starters....his poor detective work in the case...his total misunderstanding of the forensics.......would be very interesting

An excellent idea, another book, Madeleine II.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

The Cipriano case has nothing to do with this one .

Offline Benice

I think people sometimes forget that although Portugal and England have had much in common over the centuries that they are two entirely different cultures with beliefs and Laws to match.

Snip.

IMO the language barrier and the different customs worked against the McCanns every step of the way.

For example:

Saying 'we  let her down' was seen as suspicious - because apparently they thought this meant  'we have let her die'.   No-one in this country would make that mistake.

Calling for a priest was seen as suspicious as apparently that is something you only do in PT when someone has died - but which is a normal part of pastoral care in this country when parishioners are in need of comfort.

The Star chart - which as we all know in this country is a way of encouraging and rewarding children - was apparently regarded as a medical chart or a punishment chart in PT who obviously did not understand its purpose.

The differences in culture and language definitely (albeit inevitably) muddied the waters throughout this case and always to the disadvantage of the McCanns IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

The Cipriano case has nothing to do with this one .

Oh yes it has

Offline Angelo222

IMO the language barrier and the different customs worked against the McCanns every step of the way.

For example:

Saying 'we  let her down' was seen as suspicious - because apparently they thought this meant  'we have let her die'.   No-one in this country would make that mistake.

Calling for a priest was seen as suspicious as apparently that is something you only do in PT when someone has died - but which is a normal part of pastoral care in this country when parishioners are in need of comfort.

The Star chart - which as we all know in this country is a way of encouraging and rewarding children - was apparently regarded as a medical chart or a punishment chart in PT who obviously did not understand its purpose.

The differences in culture and language definitely (albeit inevitably) muddied the waters throughout this case and always to the disadvantage of the McCanns IMO.

There is much truth in what you post Benice.  Its all very well going for a holiday there but one could rue the day if it all goes wrong.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

Offline John

I fear they won't want to open that particular can of worms davel.  Metodo 3 and Marcos Correia put the kibosh on that one by their actions.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

I fear they won't want to open that particular can of worms davel.  Metodo 3 and Marcos Correia put the kibosh on that one by their actions.

Hasn't someone already written a book exposing Metodo 3's dirty tricks in that area?

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

If Amaral continues to push them I think he will see himself attacked and he is a very easy target

Offline jassi

They haven't found him to be a very easy target to date.

Or maybe not -

stephen25000

If Amaral continues to push them I think he will see himself attacked and he is a very easy target

Not any more dave.