Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533495 times)

Offline G-Unit

How much money is left in the Goncalo Gofundme account?

Enough to go to the Supreme Court if the McCanns are foolish enough. If it gets low the 'vile trolls' will top it up for him, I'm sure.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

Is there a more apt description for those dedicated to upholding the 'right' to traduce and malign with lies?

If there is, I can't think of it.

I don't think you have the correct definition of 'troll' ferryman. Posting honestly held opinions is not trolling. Deliberately disrupting and attacking others on a forum or thread is trolling.

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

someone who ​leaves an ​intentionally ​annoying ​message on the internet, in ​order to get ​attention or ​cause ​trouble
› a ​message that someone ​leaves on the internet that is ​intended to ​annoy ​people:

is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

Is there a more apt description for those dedicated to upholding the 'right' to traduce and malign with lies?

If there is, I can't think of it.

Am I correct in thnking you (like the Mccanns) believe GA should not have had any means of defence agaist a million pound lawsuit? Whyever not?

Offline slartibartfast

As must The McCanns be Innocent.

You can't have it both ways.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

I don't think you have the correct definition of 'troll' ferryman. Posting honestly held opinions is not trolling. Deliberately disrupting and attacking others on a forum or thread is trolling.

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

someone who ​leaves an ​intentionally ​annoying ​message on the internet, in ​order to get ​attention or ​cause ​trouble
› a ​message that someone ​leaves on the internet that is ​intended to ​annoy ​people:

is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Not to forget posting incendiary comments shrouded in a cloak of faux moral outrage.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline carlymichelle

Am I correct in thnking you (like the Mccanns) believe GA should not have had any means of defence agaist a million pound lawsuit? Whyever not?

because in supporters eyes the world  revolves around the mcanns  almost like a  cult

Offline mercury

because in supporters eyes the world  revolves around the mcanns  almost like a  cult
There is a cult like element in some circles whch is sad
I await ferrymans defence of its not right for a defendant to defend themselves

Offline sadie

Are you going to do a lineage proves theyre corrupt thingy?

Anyway, at the end

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Appeal_19_04_2016.htm

Thank you mercury.  Very kind of you. 

I had seen that ... but I thought that a large number of Judiciary decided this case ? 

Am I wrong ?   If not, where is the list of names ?

Any idea ?

Offline mercury

Thank you mercury.  Very kind of you. 

I had seen that ... but I thought that a large number of Judiciary decided this case ? 

Am I wrong ?   If not, where is the list of names ?

Any idea ?

Why did you ever thnk there was more than three judges?

Offline sadie

Why did you ever thnk there was more than three judges?

I feel sure that i saw it somewhere in print that there was a panel of the best Judges and Judiciary that Portugal had to offer, but no names apart from those three.

I would like to know the names.

Offline mercury

I feel sure that i saw it somewhere in print that there was a panel of the best Judges and Judiciary that Portugal had to offer, but no names apart from those three.

I would like to know the names.

I asked you why you thought there were more than three judges and i already gave you their names, your post is not addressing anything and i have no idea ehat you read wherever unless you can link

Offline sadie

I asked you why you thought there were more than three judges and i already gave you their names, your post is not addressing anything and i have no idea ehat you read wherever unless you can link

I am sorry mercury, but I cannot search as I used to.  My eyes will not allow it, but I have found some more info about Judges

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html

Joana is saying that the following (underlined) were Judges:
Francisco Bruto da Costa
Catarina Arelo Manso
António Valente

Our information says the following were involved, but were all three Judges ?
Ferreira de Almeida - relator
Catarina Manso - 1* adjunta
Alexandrina Branquinho - 2* adjunta

I dont speak PT, but from the above, it seems likely that there were more than three.  If so, I wonder what their names were ?

Offline mercury

Why? Your on a hiding to nowhere as usual so save yourself the bother, nighty nght now