Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533521 times)

Offline Brietta

1) a professional dog handlers opinion that eddie alerted to cadaver scent contaminant NOT Amarals opinion
2) a professional dog handlers opinion that KEela alerted to blood in the boot NOT Amarals opinion
3) The fact that scientific methods do not exist to compete with dogs noses to refute or confirm their alerts

Please may we take the dogs to a doggie thread ... we are spoilt for choice.  This one is about Mr Amaral winning his appeal. 
Thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

Please may we take the dogs to a doggie thread ... we are spoilt for choice.  This one is about Mr Amaral winning his appeal. 
Thank you.

Not necessary as its all in loads of doggy thread, dave brought it up, and seeing as his post remained and not outwith rules I replied

Feel free to delete my post as well as his

Offline Brietta

Not necessary as its all in loads of doggy thread, dave brought it up, and seeing as his post remained and not outwith rules I replied

Feel free to delete my post as well as his

That was good of you ... but please ... doggy threads for dogs and Mr Amaral winning his appeal to this thread, thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

That was good of you ... but please ... doggy threads for dogs and Mr Amaral winning his appeal to this thread, thank you

The thread is about amaral winning his appeal. The book comes into the discussion big time. Posters are quoting from the book and making comments, so all on topic IMO. Not sure why you are asking for discussion of discussion if the book cintents in whch the whole trial lay to stop or be moved, oh well

Offline Brietta

The thread is about amaral winning his appeal. The book comes into the discussion big time. Posters are quoting from the book and making comments, so all on topic IMO. Not sure why you are asking for discussion of discussion if the book cintents in whch the whole trial lay to stop or be moved, oh well

There is also a thread for discussion of the book.  I go OT as much as the next person and we all do it for the reason you describe, but it is a good idea to try not to add to confusion and try to post on the correct thread when possible.

Offline G-Unit

amaral has libelled the mccanns ...clear...try not to be so aggressive...I have proof and have posted it that what amaral says is untrue...is that clear

Just to be clear, the first judgement awarded damages to the McCann couple. They were not awarded because someone told lies. They were awarded because the judge ruled that Amaral breached duties imposed upon him by his position as an ex policeman. The Appeal judges ruled that he did not. They said he was innocent of wrongdoing and at the moment that's the legal position.

Your assertion that 'amaral has libelled the mccanns' is therefore your opinion only.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Just to be clear, the first judgement awarded damages to the McCann couple. They were not awarded because someone told lies. They were awarded because the judge ruled that Amaral breached duties imposed upon him by his position as an ex policeman. The Appeal judges ruled that he did not. They said he was innocent of wrongdoing and at the moment that's the legal position.

Your assertion that 'amaral has libelled the mccanns' is therefore your opinion only.

So alleging that the parents of a missing child covered up her death, faked her abduction and concealed her remains so cunningly that there has been no sign or trace of her body and that, by inference, they were aided and abetted by those with whom they came into contact ... then writing a book about it ... couldn't possibly be considered libel??

stephen25000

So alleging that the parents of a missing child covered up her death, faked her abduction and concealed her remains so cunningly that there has been no sign or trace of her body and that, by inference, they were aided and abetted by those with whom they came into contact ... then writing a book about it ... couldn't possibly be considered libel??

Remember the word thesis ?

Likewise, do you remember that police actually investigate crimes ?

Can you also remind me , of the percentage of missing children cases where family/friends are involved ?

Offline Brietta

Remember the word thesis ?

Likewise, do you remember that police actually investigate crimes ?

Can you also remind me , of the percentage of missing children cases where family/friends are involved ?

May I remind you we are discussing Madeleine McCann and what may have happened to her. Her parents are most definitely neither suspects or persons of interest in the investigation into her disappearance.

Despite the shoddy police work which once tried to make them so.  Mr Amaral has had many bites at the cherry of impugning her parents and it appears that as a result of his recent appeal court victory he fully intends to continue doing so.

However in order to continue to make a living from his failure to crack Madeleine's case ... he is going to have to come up with more than an historical document - which is what his book now is - so could be interesting times ahead.

To digress ... but as you seem to require information on theses ...

I wrote my thesis many years ago ... every single word in it was the result of exhaustive research and every sentence, paragraph and chapter was scrutinised for accuracy.

But guess what ... it is no longer the informative document it was.  Times have changed along with the methodology I wrote about.  If it is still on the university library shelves it would be of use only to the curious who wished to see how things were done in my field in times gone by ... and I am afraid Mr Amaral's thesis would never have been on those shelves in the first place as they would not have survived the scrutiny such a work is given.

In other words he would have failed his degree course. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

May I remind you we are discussing Madeleine McCann and what may have happened to her. Her parents are most definitely neither suspects or persons of interest in the investigation into her disappearance.

Despite the shoddy police work which once tried to make them so.  Mr Amaral has had many bites at the cherry of impugning her parents and it appears that as a result of his recent appeal court victory he fully intends to continue doing so.

However in order to continue to make a living from his failure to crack Madeleine's case ... he is going to have to come up with more than an historical document - which is what his book now is - so could be interesting times ahead.

I wrote my thesis many years ago ... every single word in it was the result of exhaustive research and every sentence, paragraph and chapter was scrutinised for accuracy.

But guess what ... it is no longer the informative document it was.  Times have changed along with the methodology I wrote about.  If it is still on the university library shelves it would be of use only to the curious who wished to see how things were done in my field in times gone by ... and I am afraid Mr Amaral's thesis would never have been on those shelves in the first place as they would not have survived the scrutiny such a work is given.

You will find this thread is entitled:
Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.

Yes that's right well spotted he won round two.
There is nothing to discuss until the appeal is heard.
You might as well bung the thread in LIN until the appeal comes up.
At least that might discourage OT posts and posters trying to start flame wars  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

I will remind you that no evidence exits to show anyone  else was in that apartment that night, other than the ones known.

The mccanns remain the last known people to have seen Madeleine alive.

The use of the word 'shoddy' by you, is your opinion and therefore irrelevant.

Madeleine was searched for extensively and that includes the Portuguese police.

No evidence has been found of abduction and that remains the case.

As to Mr. Amaral, I wish him every success in taking appropriate legal action against the mccanns.

Offline Brietta

I will remind you that no evidence exits to show anyone  else was in that apartment that night, other than the ones known.

The mccanns remain the last known people to have seen Madeleine alive.

The use of the word 'shoddy' by you, is your opinion and therefore irrelevant.

Madeleine was searched for extensively and that includes the Portuguese police.

No evidence has been found of abduction and that remains the case.

As to Mr. Amaral, I wish him every success in taking appropriate legal action against the mccanns.

Alice has made a very succinct summation in his post and his advice is worth taking on board. (Can't believe I said that, Alice!!) 
The success of Mr Amaral's appeal must surely have some mileage left in it yet ... maybe it is time to think less about painting with a broad brush and more on what the threads should actually be about.
Else why go to the bother of having separate threads when every size fits all?

Offline G-Unit

It has been considered by the courts. Whatever people's opinions on the matter at the moment no libel has been found to have been committed. At the moment the McCann's complaints have been described as unfounded. Unless and until it changes that is the legal position.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

It has been considered by the courts. Whatever people's opinions on the matter at the moment no libel has been found to have been committed. At the moment the McCann's complaints have been described as unfounded. Unless and until it changes that is the legal position.

amaral has libelled the Mccanns according to the definition of libel...

Offline jassi

amaral has libelled the Mccanns according to the definition of libel...

Supposing you are correct,  what concern is it of yours ?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:33:32 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future