Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533570 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

perhaps you would like to share what the majority of your friends think..

That varies Davel from one to another. During various conversations these were suggested: some go for an accident outside the flat going to get parents, some inside the flat(taking parents pills of sorts?)finding and drinking alcohol and dying as a result. 7 people all suggested (libel removed) 4 people suggested Maddie had an accident and (libel removed)( This is not unusual in Social work/health cases of children under their care). Walked and wandered ( I find this one more plausible) and picked up by good person/bad person. No one has said they believe any of the suggestions, they were just suggesting theories, and not one of us have claimed the parents killed their daughter, but all of us are perplexed by the behaviour and are suspicious of them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:04:38 PM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

http://www.dnoticias.pt/node/575248

O Supremo Tribunal de Justiça determinou hoje o reenvio do processo da inspetora da PJ Ana Saltão, condenada por homicídio, para novo julgamento no Tribunal da Relação de Coimbra.

O Supremo Tribunal de Justiça (STJ), após recurso da defesa, decidiu baixar os autos ao Tribunal da Relação de Coimbra (TRC), decretando "novo julgamento relativamente à totalidade do objeto do processo".

O STJ sustenta-se nos vícios da decisão da Relação de Coimbra apontados pelo próprio Ministério Público, questionando ainda a matéria de facto dada como provada pelo TRC.

Os vícios apresentados pelo acórdão do TRC chocam "com a determinação da matéria de facto", cuja competência é exclusiva das instâncias, sendo que apenas com um novo julgamento será possível suprir os vícios identificados, explica o STJ.

A inspetora da Polícia Judiciária Ana Saltão foi condenada pelo Tribunal da Relação a 17 anos de prisão pelo homicídio da avó do marido em 2012, após a absolvição na primeira instância, num julgamento com tribunal de júri.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Supreme Court today ordered the return of the inspector of the PJ Ana Saltão process, convicted of murder for retrial in the Court of Appeal of Coimbra.

The Supreme Court of Justice (STJ), after defending the appeal, decided to lower the case to the Court of Appeal of Coimbra (TRC), decreeing "retrial over the entire process of the object."

The STJ holds up the vices of the decision of Coimbra Relationship appointed by himself prosecutor, still questioning the matter of fact made by the TRC.

Vices presented by the TRC's judgment collide "with the determination of the facts", whose jurisdiction is exclusive of the instances, and only with a new trial will be possible to supply the defects identified, said the STJ.

The Inspector of Judicial Police Ana Saltão was condemned by the Court of Appeal to 17 years in prison for husband's grandmother's murder in 2012, after the acquittal in the first.

====================================================================

Good to see that the Supreme Court do overturn Appeal Court reversals of Lower Court decisions.

Offline jassi

I see the court has ordered a retrial.
Does this mean that whatever the result of this retrial, the case can again go to the Appeal Court and perhaps the Supreme Court as well ?

Will there ever be a result ?  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfie

I see the court has ordered a retrial.
Does this mean that whatever the result of this retrial, the case can again go to the Appeal Court and perhaps the Supreme Court as well ?

Will there ever be a result ?  ?{)(**
How very vexatious it all is.

Offline jassi

How very vexatious it all is.

Only if you are personally involved - makes no difference to anyone else.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Was today the deadline for filing the McCann appeal to the Supreme Court? Thirty days, wasn't it?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

Was today the deadline for filing the McCann appeal to the Supreme Court? Thirty days, wasn't it?

Calender days are inclusive in Portugal.

Calender days are inclusive in Portugal.

We will soon know when MSM in the Uk start trashing the country and its subjects and legal system... oh I meant to say AGAIN.

Offline jassi

If the McCanns don't lodge an appeal, will UK media even mention it?
However, it will no doubt be all over Twitter  ?{)(**

Or maybe not -

If the McCanns don't lodge an appeal, will UK media even mention it?
However, it will no doubt be all over Twitter  ?{)(**
Interesting .....or faeces book. pun intended!

ferryman

Apparently the McCanns' appeal has been lodged.

Offline parapono

Apparently the McCanns' appeal has been lodged.
Link please.

Offline jassi

I believe there is no reliable source as yet, merely twitters, though I've no reason to doubt what is being said.

Or maybe not -

ferryman

We will soon know when MSM in the Uk start trashing the country and its subjects and legal system... oh I meant to say AGAIN.

That bit of Portuguese law which says you can spout any (otherwise) libellous trash you want and get away with it shouldn't just be trashed.

It should be changed.

ferryman

Apparently the delightfully magnanimous Goncalo Amaral is muttering darkly against the dastardly bounders who have put his book free on the internet ....