Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533531 times)

Offline Montclair

The appeal has been filed. Now the defendants have 30 days to present their counter arguments. As with Gonçalo Amaral's appeal, the court must accept the appeal if all the formal requirements have been fulfilled. A ruling should not be expected for awhile.

Offline mercury

Why let half a million euro plus a not very important  it seems to them and others reputation for book bannng pass you by if the chance is there
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:20:05 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

"An appeal to the Supreme Court has been filed by the lawyer on behalf of the McCanns. PJGA will assume the legal costs for Gonçalo Amaral, thanks to your contributions. We remain confident, as always, that Justice will be served and Freedom of Speech, of Opinion and of Information will prevail. Posted by PJGA at Wednesday, May 25, 2016"
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline pegasus

Have MFLNSU Ltd ever thanked their donators for funding the legal expenses of launching this private lawsuit?

Offline pegasus

MFLNSU website at this moment has absolutely no mention of this supreme court appeal.

If this legal action is important and essential to the search, how come they don't even mention it?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:35:04 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

MFLNSU website at this moment has absolutely no mention of this supreme court appeal.

If this legal action is important and essential to the search, how come they don't even mention it?

Maybe because today is all about International Missing Children's Day?

Offline faithlilly

Maybe because today is all about International Missing Children's Day?

I believe the appeal was submitted a couple of days ago.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

I believe the appeal was submitted a couple of days ago.

And?
Even PJGA didn't announce it until today.

Offline pegasus

And?
Even PJGA didn't announce it until today.
PJGA, as promised, announced it as soon as they were informed.
In contrast MFLNSU do not at the moment bother informing their donators about it.
Surely the public, who donated many thousands of pounds which MFLNSU spent to fund the legal expenses of launching the case and for the airfares and hotels of witnesses, deserve to be told?

Offline misty

PJGA, as promised, announced it as soon as they were informed.
In contrast MFLNSU do not at the moment bother informing their donators about it.
Surely the public, who donated many thousands of pounds which MFLNSU spent to fund the legal expenses of launching the case and for the airfares and hotels of witnesses, deserve to be told?

Sofia Amaral knew the night before last, as confirmed by the Seal Beach poster.
Why would the MFLNSU wish to upstage the support for all missing children today?

Offline pegasus

Sofia Amaral knew the night before last, as confirmed by the Seal Beach poster.
Why would the MFLNSU wish to upstage the support for all missing children today?
Do you think this is essential and important progress in the search for the child Misty?
If so why haven't MFLNSU even mentioned it yet?

Offline misty

Do you think this is essential and important progress in the search for the child Misty?

I think it buys SY & the PJ more time, Pegasus.

Offline faithlilly

I think it buys SY & the PJ more time, Pegasus.

In what way ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

Like Mr Amaral's book and the subsequent legal action following on from it, all has been a diversion from the search for Madeleine that her parents especially and all who care about finding out what happened to her could well have done without.

It mystifies me why it is failed to be recognised that only because of the superhuman effort of her parents is there any search at all going on for her now.  It was only her parents' efforts since before the archiving of her case until Scotland Yard took up her case that kept that search ongoing.

All that despite every ingenuity known to man employed without let for nine years to put obstacles in the way of their efforts on Madeleine's behalf from social media campaigns spreading lies and misapprehension ~ to petitions ~ to FOI's too numerous to account etcetera, etcetera ...

Mr Amaral's book was the catalyst for all of that so misdirection in the search for the child stems from there.

I believe the judgement in his favour on appeal was an aberration and I applaud the McCanns for continuing to fight on Madeleine's behalf by challenging it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

Like Mr Amaral's book and the subsequent legal action following on from it, all has been a diversion from the search for Madeleine that her parents especially and all who care about finding out what happened to her could well have done without.

It mystifies me why it is failed to be recognised that only because of the superhuman effort of her parents is there any search at all going on for her now.  It was only her parents' efforts since before the archiving of her case until Scotland Yard took up her case that kept that search ongoing.

All that despite every ingenuity known to man employed without let for nine years to put obstacles in the way of their efforts on Madeleine's behalf from social media campaigns spreading lies and misapprehension ~ to petitions ~ to FOI's too numerous to account etcetera, etcetera ...

Mr Amaral's book was the catalyst for all of that so misdirection in the search for the child stems from there.

I believe the judgement in his favour on appeal was an aberration and I applaud the McCanns for continuing to fight on Madeleine's behalf by challenging it.

And if their appeal to the SC fails ? If they have to pay all court costs. Where do you propose that money comes from ? Surely not the money earmarked to continue the search ?