Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533537 times)

Online Eleanor

Meanwhile a little girl remains missing presumed dead.  What of the search?

Not Presumed Dead.  That statement is disgraceful.

Alfie

At the moment I am more in favour of Mr Amaral's PR than the McCanns PR.

I am not into predicting what Mr Amaral might do next, but he has gathered enough material for another 2 or 3 TV interviews or another chapter in a book.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the underlying case.  It simply seems that Mr Amaral is more adept at influencing public opinion than the McCanns, and/or friends.
Oh?  And what is the public's opinion of Amaral?

Offline ShiningInLuz

Oh?  And what is the public's opinion of Amaral?
Seems to be fairly popular in those parts of Europe where he is entitled to express his opinion.
What's up, old man?

Alfie

Seems to be fairly popular in those parts of Europe where he is entitled to express his opinion.
How are we measuring this popularity? Ipsos Mori? 

Offline G-Unit

How about your preferred measurement method; 'it's blatantly self-evident'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

I'm (me, myself, I) am measuring it by the feedforward and feedback I get on this.

Example.  When Heri last visited Luz, he encountered CdMTV on 3 May 2016, the only team I know of who covered the 9th anniversary.

He chatted to the team for 15mins, and explained his interrupted burglary theory.  CdMTV listened, then said the Portuguese public was not interested in anything other than 'the McCanns dunnit'.

I haven't seen the piece CdMTV did, nor do I care.  That's Portugal done - do you wish to move the debate on to another European country? 
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

I'm (me, myself, I) am measuring it by the feedforward and feedback I get on this.

Example.  When Heri last visited Luz, he encountered CdMTV on 3 May 2016, the only team I know of who covered the 9th anniversary.

He chatted to the team for 15mins, and explained his interrupted burglary theory.  CdMTV listened, then said the Portuguese public was not interested in anything other than 'the McCanns dunnit'.

I haven't seen the piece CdMTV did, nor do I care.  That's Portugal done - do you wish to move the debate on to another European country?

That isn't going to happen, is it.  Madeleine disappeared from Portugal, who appear to wish to believe that her parents dunnit.

stephen25000

That isn't going to happen, is it.  Madeleine disappeared from Portugal, who appear to wish to believe that her parents dunnit.

No, they don't believe her parents 'dunnit'.

They believe she died in an accident.

Offline misty

It must be done on the same basis as the "likes" on here.

Offline G-Unit

Perhaps he should speak to The Sun, they might listen.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Montclair

I doubt very much that the journalist for CMTV said anything of the sort. I was interviewed by them 2 years ago in Praia da Luz and I was asked what I thought had happened to Madeleine. The journalist certainly did not give his opinion about the case, that is not their job. That would have been highly unprofessional on their part. BTW there have been articles in CdM about the botched burglary theory.

Offline slartibartfast

Your post was a classic example of libel by inference.

So the need to lay out the full picture was clear.

So you are suggesting Kate libelled herself?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

So if you think the McCanns dunnit then that automatically means you think Amaral's a top fella, is that how it works?  OK, so let's move the debate on to the UK - how popular is Amaral with the GBP do you think?

Online Eleanor

Not true

Did you not read enid odowds forensic analysis of the accounts/fund set up? The mccanns were given the chance to make it a charity but they were in a hurry (day or so) to make it into a ltd company
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

This is simply not true.

Offline mercury

This is simply not true.

Which  bit? Do enlighten the forum, i posted the analysis in response to whoever said it just couldnt be a charity, up to readers to read and decide