Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533520 times)

Offline mercury

Outside a certain small and vociferous percentage of the UK population, I would think he is almost unheard of.

When it comes to that small percentage of the population, I would think, judging by everything I can see, he is more popular.

This is not a popularity contest.

The issue was PR, and whether Amaral or the McCanns are better at it.  The McCanns have been much more prominent in the UK, but they have managed too many PR gaffes.  They don't need Amaral to win.  They simply need to stop losing.

Relating this to the thread topic, the McCanns are akin to playing a game of sport that will only ever be played under Portuguese rules, without understanding those rules, whilst Amaral does.

Nowt to do with the case.  Everything to do with the damages trial.

The mccanns and duarte lodged an extremely dodgy writ which was bound to fail just on the pathetic elements  of it..,i predicted it years ago it would fail and been proven right and fhey WILL be told to FO by the supreme court, no doubt about this, thry shoulud have stopped digging their hole long time ago

Offline pegasus

Also if MFLNSU was a charity it certainly would not have been allowed to have it's third object (since removed) which was to financially support the couple.

Offline mercury

Also if MFLNSU was a charity it certainly would not have been allowed to have it's third object (since removed) which was to financially support the couple.
Well thank ye gods of reason

Offline mercury

Not Presumed Dead.  That statement is disgraceful.
Its not a matter of disgrace but a matter of fact

9 years is actually more  probably dead than alive, well it was fron year one according to experinced officials, everyone can hope though if it helps you feel better, reality suggests otherwise and lets not forget the cadaver dog

Anyone wanting the truth
will not ignore the facts over fairy feelings
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:58:43 AM by mercury »

Offline Angelo222

Mercury is correct, any child missing for so long must be presumed dead. there is nothing disgraceful about it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:21:50 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

Mercury is correct, any child missing for so long must be presumed dead. there is nothing disgraceful about it.
So are we supposed to presume Ben Needham dead too?  After all he's been missing for even longer.

Offline carlymichelle

here if a person goes missing and are never seen again  they are declared legally dead after  7  years

Offline G-Unit

Mark Harrison said it was appropriate to consider death;

This report has highlighted the extensive and professional efforts made by the Portuguese authorities regarding the search to locate Madeleine McCann alive. It has now begun to consider further opportunities to re search locations in order to address the possibility that she has been murdered and concealed nearby. This would be a proportionate and appropriate response given the elapsed time since her disappearance and previous experience in such similar cases.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:23:09 PM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

So are we supposed to presume Ben Needham dead too?  After all he's been missing for even longer.

Yes
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

Yes

I have every sympathy for the Needham family, but I agree with that.

Offline carlymichelle

Offline Alice Purjorick

Yes
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

Charity stuff as promised:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277353/cc4text.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359632/cc4textannexc.pdf

The only issue as I see it is:
A date for a launch was fixed before any one had properly worked out the nuts and bolts. The driver became the pre announced date. Painted into a corner with the only way out to achieve the fanfared launch was to create a private limited company.

Any other offers ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

It's an arrogant assumption (not necessarily wrong) but a strictly personal and private conclusion for most immediate loved-ones of the missing child to reach, in their time and in their way.

stephen25000

It's an arrogant assumption (not necessarily wrong) but a strictly personal and private conclusion for most immediate loved-ones of the missing child to reach, in their time and in their way.

..and of course you have no bias in that comment.