Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533556 times)

stephen25000

@)(++(* Don't know if you have noticed or not ... no-one is actually filling the coffers with Euros  @)(++(*

... over two million one hundred and thirty eight thousand people have visited the Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann forum - the site that carries a translation of the book into English - and related blogs.

Moderators say that following the ruling by three Lisbon judges that Amaral was within his right to self expression in publishing his thesis about what may have happened to Madeleine, visits to the three sites have been exceeding 200,000 - 300,000 a day.

In all, over 11 million people have viewed “Maddie: The Truth of the Lie” - while the global number of visits now stand at over 81 million.

http://portugalresident.com/millions-of-brits-are-reading-%E2%80%9Cmaddie-the-truth-of-the-lie%E2%80%9D-online#sthash.sJvcjK4E.dpuf

In the tradition of FREE speech ... everyone seems to be reading it for free  %£&)**#  Oh dear, what a pity, oh well never mind.
All that lovely money ... but not to worry ... Mr Amaral's message is being relayed to the masses, his publishers must be ecstatic and after going to the bother of a nice new cover too.  Well Judge Maria Emilia de Melo e Castro did point out rather obvious defects in the original.

Is that your best response ?

1/10 for effort.

Perhaps you could assist Heriberto. *&*%£

Alfie

I don't suppose he gives a rat's wotsit. He has enough dosh to fund the latest round of the legal hooha and the message about his thesis is getting out there in spades.
I would call that a result.
He didn't seem that pleased about his book being available for free on the internet in some of his recent interviews.

stephen25000

Poor Amaral, all those potential earnings lost, what with all those millions reading his wonderful tome for free, he must be livid.

Anyone know how many copies of his book have sold since it went back on sale in the shops?  Is it number one of the Portuguese bestsellers lists?

He isn't livid  Alf. 8**8:/:

Offline mercury

I don't suppose he gives a rat's wotsit. He has enough dosh to fund the latest round of the legal hooha and the message about his thesis is getting out there in spades.
I would call that a result.

If some negligent couple inches away from prosecution freezed my assets for years cursed me to be miserable and live  in fear  cos I did my job and got the whole uk media to smear me every day and sued me go keep my mouth shut hell yes id be happy too

Good for him
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:45:30 PM by mercury »

Offline Alice Purjorick

He didn't seem that pleased about his book being available for free on the internet in some of his recent interviews.

I wouldn't know I didn't watch them.
Maybe with both camps it really was all about the money and bu**ar all else.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Is that the real proposed book cover? If so the background image of UK government buildings presumably alludes to GM in 2007 being supported by and having phone discussions with two UK prime ministers and two UK foreign secretaries. Apparently one phonecall lasted more than an hour.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:49:44 PM by pegasus »

Alfie

He isn't livid  Alf. 8**8:/:
How do you know?  Did he tell you?

stephen25000

How do you know?  Did he tell you?

You mean  Alf the grated  doesn't know.   8)--))

Offline Brietta

Is that the real proposed book cover? If so the background image of UK government buildings presumably alludes to GM in 2007 being supported by and having phone discussions with two UK prime ministers and two UK foreign secretaries.

Perhaps the publishers thought it might appeal to a British audience in British stores.

What a pity it would have been in the remaindered bin ... everybody who is anybody having read it for free already ... it would need another big campaign ~ maybe four or five purchases per 'questioner', don't know if it is worth it though for the pittance due to Mr Amaral anyway.
The book does belong to the publishers after all so it is really them being robbed blind.

For a variety of reasons, I doubt very much if it will hit the shelves in Britain  8)><(
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Perhaps the publishers thought it might appeal to a British audience in British stores.

What a pity it would have been in the remaindered bin ... everybody who is anybody having read it for free already ... it would need another big campaign ~ maybe four or five purchases per 'questioner', don't know if it is worth it though for the pittance due to Mr Amaral anyway.
The book does belong to the publishers after all so it is really them being robbed blind.

For a variety of reasons, I doubt very much if it will hit the shelves in Britain  8)><(

It is already here.

You really are slow on the uptake.

It is worldwide. 8((()*/

Offline Brietta

It is already here.

You really are slow on the uptake.

It is worldwide. 8((()*/

Wasn't in Waterstone's yesterday.  Unless it is kept in a discrete bin under the counter.  Is a password needed to get sight?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

Wasn't in Waterstone's yesterday.  Unless it is kept in a discrete bin under the counter.  Is a password needed to get sight?

It's not on Amazon UK either.

Alfie

You mean  Alf the grated  doesn't know.   8)--))
Apart from an attempt at goading No I don't know, so do enlighten me.

Offline faithlilly

Didn't you know darling that when it comes to books Waterstones is so last year ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

Didn't you know darling that when it comes to books Waterstones is so last year ?
cyeah, who needs Waterstones when you can get Amaral's book for free on the internet!