Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533573 times)

Offline G-Unit

I doubt anyone here knows the intricacies of the fund
Though they claim to

Intricacies?

details, especially of an involved or perplexing subject.

Well, we don't know the details because they won't share them. I haven't seen anyone claiming to know them either.

Intricacy also implies 'complex' but it's hardly that. Money goes in and it goes out. Nothing complex there.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

Intricacies?

details, especially of an involved or perplexing subject.

Well, we don't know the details because they won't share them. I haven't seen anyone claiming to know them either.

Intricacy also implies 'complex' but it's hardly that. Money goes in and it goes out. Nothing complex there.

....and the promise was, a totally open fund.

Offline xtina

well if they use the rest of money from the fund.........and G A ends up suing them

will the table turn and G A ...goes after there house...

sickening though ...when you read their rights.... to this that and the other

when they totally denied maddie's rights.............to be protected ..kept safe ...a child's needs...

all for the sake of their adult time ......
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Benice

well if they use the rest of money from the fund.........and G A ends up suing them

will the table turn and G A ...goes after there house...

Snip

IIRC he said he is going to sue the McCanns and their friends.   What he didn't mention were the grounds on which he planned to do that.   

Any ideas?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

ferryman

IIRC he said he is going to sue the McCanns and their friends.   What he didn't mention were the grounds on which he planned to do that.   

Any ideas?

Probably on the same grounds that all those employed by the tourist industry in PdL were going to sue the McCanns (a while back) ...

Offline mercury

Any ideas?

Why should he?
Did the mccanns inform anyone in 2009 that they were in portugal for lawyer meetings and writ issuing? No, they made a press conference and said their visit was to "further the search" kates words

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:50:31 AM by mercury »

Offline G-Unit

Why should he?
Did the mccanns inform anyone in 2009 that they were in portugal for lawyer meetings and writ issuing? No, they made a press conference and said their visit was to "further the search" kates words

They had been uneasy about Amaral ever since his book was published and consulted their UK lawyers about it. Eventually they spoke to Isabel Duarte in November 2008 by phone. Six weeks later Gerry met with her in Lisbon. Apparently Amaral's documentary, shown on 13th April 2009 was the last straw and they took the decision on 20th April, with Duarte, to sue him; meeting with her on 12th May, Madeleine's birthday. Was this interview in May? I think the search is mentioned so much because Amaral's activities were seen as hampering it, particularly in Portugal.
Info from 'Madeleine' Kate McCann
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

Have you read the PJ report from 10 September 2007?

A report by Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida to the Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation (Goncalo Amaral)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

From everything that was exposed from the AUTOS, we conclude that:

A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

B) It was performed a simulation of kidnapping;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

A report by Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida to the Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation (Goncalo Amaral)

A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.

Have you read the PJ final report?

And the Prosecutor's archiving dispatch?

ferryman

One of the points about English libel law (the newly-introduced defence of 'honest comment' notwithstanding) is that untruths (which lower reputation, and therefore count as libel) can be implicit as well as explicit.

You can say (without committing libel) that Colin Stagg stood trial for the murder of Rachel Nickel.  But you must add that, at his trial, he was acquitted.

Otherwise you commit libel.

This (latest) ruling by the Portuguese court tends to suggest the same rules don't apply (in Portugal).

ferryman

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).

(Mark Harrison, penultimate sentence and paragraph of his third, and final, report)

*My emphasis

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:12:30 PM by ferryman »

ferryman

If Amaral can be held accountable (for the leaks on his watch that lower the reputations of the McCanns) proper order in the libel trial should be restored.

Does Portuguese libel law allow for that?

No idea.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:13:33 PM by Admin »

Offline jassi

If Amaral can be held accountable (for the leaks on his watch that lower the reputations of the McCanns) proper order in the libel trial should be restored.

Does Portuguese libel law allow for that?

No idea.

Does anyone, other than yourself of course, actually care?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:13:57 PM by Admin »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

Does anyone, other than yourself of course, actually care?

Heaps care.

Perhaps not those indifferent to justice.

Still less advocates and supporters of injustice who (necessarily and by definition) would applaud and rejoice in injustice.

Offline jassi

Heaps care.

Perhaps not those indifferent to justice.

Still less advocates and supporters of injustice who (necessarily and by definition) would applaud and rejoice in injustice.

Can you quantity  heaps, or is is just some imaginary figure you have dreamed up ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future