Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533520 times)

ferryman

So you think everything that has /is still / happening to Maddie is Amaral's fault AND the most important issue which you seem to have given a lot of time to is the parents reputation.

The  time and effort and money they have given to 'protect' their reputations seem a bit ironic- as in-  if only they had spend more time/effort and money protecting their children they would have nothing to worry about. Thought I would just mention that to put things into perspective.

The McCanns' reputation in (sufficient) belief that Madeleine might be alive to keep the public (at large) alert (to the possibility of seeing her) go hand-in-glove.

And if the McCanns ever reach a (final) point (of recognition) that Madeleine must be dead (an intensely private, painful and personal decision for them -- alone -- to reach)  then, yes, the reputation of the McCanns (very properly) will become paramount.

The McCanns won't want the pain (of final recognition that their daugher is dead) compounded by [removed comment] (Goncalo Amaral) raking in filthylucre hand-over-fist for proclaiming to the world that theMcCannsdunit.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:21:58 PM by Admin »

Offline jassi

In such an event, their seething would no no bounds.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

In such an event, their seething would no no bounds.

@)(++(* I  worry about their blood pressue seething  all the time wouldnt  be good for your health i wouldnt imagine??

Offline jassi

@)(++(* I  worry about their blood pressue seething  all the time wouldnt  be good for your health i wouldnt imagine??
Maybe they keep it under control by self-medication.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

I don't often post public edicts concerning members but on this occasion I am making an exception.

Ferryman, twice in two days you have been moderated and twice you have been allowed to post in the hope you might moderate your language and stop making derogatory and libellous comments. You do not appear to have learned anything from this and continue to post inappropriate comment.

If you don't desist immediately I will impose a week long ban on you.

Admin
his hostility  shouldnt be tolerated  imo

Offline Admin

It should be made very clear to all readers that despite ferryman's claims, Goncalo Amaral never at any time alleged that the McCanns had killed Madeleine.  If Madeleine did die in 5a, his thesis pointed to accidental death or death by misadventure.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:38:45 PM by Admin »

stephen25000

It should be made very clear to all readers that despite ferryman's claims, Goncalo Amaral never at any time alleged that the McCanns had killed Madeleine.

That is already known Admin.

Yet the newspapers continue to print the same tripe as some have on here.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

The McCanns' reputation in (sufficient) belief that Madeleine might be alive to keep the public (at large) alert (to the possibility of seeing her) go hand-in-glove.

And if the McCanns ever reach a (final) point (of recognition) that Madeleine must be dead (an intensely private, painful and personal decision for them -- alone -- to reach)  then, yes, the reputation of the McCanns (very properly) will become paramount.

The McCanns won't want the pain (of final recognition that their daughter is dead) compounded by [removed comment] (Goncalo Amaral) raking in filthylucre hand-over-fist for proclaiming to the world that theMcCannsdunit.

Or does it? perhaps the reason is different to what you describe. If Maddie is found dead and her body examined and the truth about her last living moments are revealed all the McCanns PR will not bring back what will be left of their reputation  and they know that, hence why they need that 'she is alive mantra going'.

We don't know if the McCannsdunnit or not, because there is no evidence to support most theories, and Amaral has never said they did, it is all about belief at this point in time ,if someone believes the aMcCannsdunnit you can't make them unbelieve it unless you show them evidence. Same goes for people who do not believe they dunnit can be convinced they did anything unless they get evidence . You  cannot control belief and the family can stop trying it is a waste of energy and time.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

ferryman

It should be made very clear to all readers that despite ferryman's claims, Goncalo Amaral never at any time alleged that the McCanns had killed Madeleine.  The only possible scenarios alleged by him being accidental death or death by misadventure.

How would you (re)define a child dying following an overdose of calpol (what Amaral accuses them of)?

Offline Admin

How would you (re)define a child dying following an overdose of calpol (what Amaral accuses them of)?

Its called an accident, not murder!

ferryman

Or does it? perhaps the reason is different to what you describe. If Maddie is found dead and her body examined and the truth about her last living moments are revealed all the McCanns PR will not bring back what will be left of their reputation  and they know that, hence why they need that 'she is alive mantra going'.

We don't know if the McCannsdunnit or not, because there is no evidence to support most theories, and Amaral has never said they did, it is all about belief at this point in time ,if someone believes the aMcCannsdunnit you can't make them unbelieve it unless you show them evidence. Same goes for people who do not believe they dunnit can be convinced they did anything unless they get evidence . You  cannot control belief and the family can stop trying it is a waste of energy and time.

Groundless speculation passes muster (in your opinion).

Not mine.

ferryman

Its called an accident, not murder!

Murder is your word, not mine.

To be clear, the (shelved) enquiry accused the McCanns of murder, and Amaral either lied or was incompetent when he claimed that no one talked about murder.

To kill is not (necessarily!) the same as to murder.

To cause death by giving someone an overdose of a drug is to kill.

But only to murder if the overdose is deliberate.

For Amaral to broach the subject (in whatever way you wish to interpret his words) is obscene. 

All we know (from the McCanns) is that they took calpol with them on the holiday, and there is nothing to contradict their insistence that they never used it (at least on that holiday).

For Amaral to introduce calpol night (not even on the market at the time of the holiday) is simply obscene.

Offline Admin

To be clear, the (shelved) enquiry accused the McCanns of murder, and Amaral either lied or was incompetent when he claimed that no one talked about murder.

Really?  Can you cite the AG comments to that effect please?

ferryman

Really?

Yes, really.

Read Mark Harrison's report.

He was given by a brief (by Amaral's boss) to investigate nothing else.

Offline Admin

Yes, really.

Read Mark Harrison's report.

He was given by a brief (by Amaral's boss) to investigate nothing else.

You stated the Archive Report.  Mark Harrison's report is NOT the Archive Report.