Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 533493 times)

Offline insider

I am so glad that I have been proved correct in what I posted in June two years ago that I wholly expected the case against Amaral to be thrown out.   8@??)(

eta  The McCanns were never murder suspects.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:56:11 AM by insider »
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline mercury

I don't make any allegations.

I just state facts.

Ive asked you for a quote for your allegations/facts and you never provided one

You posted sayng the mccnns were made arguidos as murder suspects,  I asked you how is this possble if the 10 sept report made no mention of murder but an accident, both
 have been deleted, must have been yours that prompted it swiping my answer as well, tells you all you need to know, you are posting untruths with no back up,pot kettle

I dont mind ithis post is deleted if true

Offline mercury

I am so glad that I have been proved correct in what I posted in June two years ago that I wholly expected the case against Amaral to be thrown out.   8@??)(

It was doomed from day one, i beat you by 4 years ;

Offline insider

I don't make any allegations.

I just state facts.

could you at least try and post accurate ones then ?

Offline insider

You posted sayng the mccnns were made arguidos as murder suspects,  I asked you how is this possble if the 10 sept report made no mention of murder but an accident, both
 have been deleted, must have been yours that prompted it swiping my answer as well, tells you all you need to know, you are posting untruths with no back up,pot kettle

Ferryman is completely wrong.  The PJ wanted Kate to admit to what was basically manslaughter or accidental death.  There never was any murder charge.

Offline mercury

Ferryman is completely wrong.  The PJ wanted Kate to admit to what was basically manslaughter or accidental death.  There never was any murder charge.

It seems only ferryman in this board believes this as i havent seen anyone supporting his theory/assertion/facts, funny that

Offline mercury

They had been uneasy about Amaral ever since his book was published and consulted their UK lawyers about it. Eventually they spoke to Isabel Duarte in November 2008 by phone. Six weeks later Gerry met with her in Lisbon. Apparently Amaral's documentary, shown on 13th April 2009 was the last straw and they took the decision on 20th April, with Duarte, to sue him; meeting with her on 12th May, Madeleine's birthday. Was this interview in May? I think the search is mentioned so much because Amaral's activities were seen as hampering it, particularly in Portugal.
Info from 'Madeleine' Kate McCann

Yea more rot, sorry didnt see this post
If they were upset they could have asked for far less money   You know it wasnt about money they said' so what stopped them for just asking for 1000 euros instead of a million, they were greedy [moderated]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:31:50 PM by mercury »

ferryman

The McCanns (from the point of imposition of their arguido status) were murder suspects, as the culmination to a murder enquiry.

It's all in the report.

Offline John

Yea more rot, sorry didnt see this post
If they were upset they could have asked for far less money   You know it wasnt abut mney they said' so what stopped yen for just asjing dor 1000 euros instead of a million, they were greedy [moderated]

Demanding €1 million in compensation for something which started out and was intrinsically linked to their own crass lack of parental care and naivety was always going to fail.  I'm not in the least surprised the Appeal Court rejected such folly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:27:47 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

ferryman

Your inability to understand the cites I have provided is your problem

Offline Mr Gray

Demanding €1 million in compensation for something which started out and was intrinsically linked to their own crass lack of parental care and naivety was always going to fail.  I'm not in the least surprised the Appeal Court rejected such folly.

doesn't give anyone the right to defame them and in many countries....including the USA they would probably have won the case...and it isnt over yet

Offline G-Unit

The McCanns (from the point of imposition of their arguido status) were murder suspects, as the culmination to a murder enquiry.

It's all in the report.

Which report?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

IMO the amount sought was because they did not want Amaral to profit by one penny from his book,  IMO -   In their minds this was the man who not only tried to blame them for their daughter's disappearance, but then went on to make a profit out of those false allegations whilst also encouraging people to believe Madeleine was dead.   So a very understandable stance for them to take in those circumstances IMO.   I would feel exactly the same.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:53:11 AM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

IMO the amount sought was because they did not want Amaral to profit by one penny from his book,  IMO -   In their minds this was the man who not only tried to blame them for their daughter's disappearance, but then went on to make a profit out of those allegations whilst also encouraging people to believe Madeleine was dead.   So a very understandable stance for them to take in those circumstances IMO.   I would feel exactly the same.

I have changed the word frame to blame and removed the word false since to frame someone requires the introduction of false evidence, in addition it is not known yet what is false and what is fact. The Portuguese were entitled to pursue the McCanns and Murat and designate them arguidos on the basis of the evidence before them.  That is procedure in the real world.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

IMO the amount sought was because they did not want Amaral to profit by one penny from his book,  IMO -   In their minds this was the man who not only tried to blame them for their daughter's disappearance, but then went on to make a profit out of those false allegations whilst also encouraging people to believe Madeleine was dead.   So a very understandable stance for them to take in those circumstances IMO.   I would feel exactly the same.

IMO, they were seeking revenge and money from a man who was doing his job, just as any other copper would have done.

Have they pursued any other copper with the same views ?