Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47837 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2019, 12:27:51 PM »
After Russell Bishop was tried and acquitted I’m sure no one thought that it was probable that he would one day be re-arrested, tried and convicted of the same crime. No one thought that it was probable that over 30 years after the murder evidence would be found that would help to convict the original suspect.

Until arrests are made and charges laid we will have absolutely no idea who the police are investigating and that includes the parents.

If, indeed, they are doing anything much at all.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »
I think we do have an idea.... I think it's absolutely 100% obvious the mccanns are not suspects or being investigated.. I think some are in total denial

Okay then tell me of one investigation where until there was arrests the public knew who was being investigated?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
Okay then tell me of one investigation where until there was arrests the public knew who was being investigated?

every missing child case...including the mccanns and the needhams....next
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:34:22 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
After Russell Bishop was tried and acquitted I’m sure no one thought that it was probable that he would one day be re-arrested, tried and convicted of the same crime. No one thought that it was probable that over 30 years after the murder evidence would be found that would help to convict the original suspect.

Until arrests are made and charges laid we will have absolutely no idea who the police are investigating and that includes the parents.
I thought it was possible, probable even, but not in the case of Madeleine’s parents, as there is no evidence that could be found that would convict them apart from a full confession from one or both of them.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2019, 02:39:12 PM »
every missing child case...including the mccanns and the needhams....next

The police investigating both cases made no statement about the investigation into any individual until they were made suspects. If you dispute that fact perhaps you can provide a cite ?

That there was unofficial leaks about the progress of the case is indisputable but we are not talking about unnamed sources but official police statements.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
You are entitled to form any opinion you like but in my opinion the more information you have at your disposal the more valid your opinion will be.  Therefore in my opinion The Met’s opinion is worth more than your opinion, feel free to tell me why, in your opinion, I am wrong.

You can believe what you like, as can I. I see no point in arguing about it because neither of us will convince the other.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
The McCann case 2007
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
The police investigating both cases made no statement about the investigation into any individual until they were made suspects. If you dispute that fact perhaps you can provide a cite ?

That there was unofficial leaks about the progress of the case is indisputable but we are not talking about unnamed sources but official police statements.
yourquestion was...

you have now changed the question having been shown to be wrong on the first one.....laughing emoticons indicated but im far too sophisticated...and its were arrests  ...not was

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »
You can believe what you like, as can I. I see no point in arguing about it because neither of us will convince the other.
OK, carry on believing you know better than the experts then, it won’t do you any good but that’s your problem not mine.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »
Cliff Richard.  Charlie Elphicke.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
isnt prince phillip being investigated...

The Duke of Edinburgh could be sent on a drivers’ awareness course, it has emerged, as police continue to investigate a crash which left two women hospitalised.

The Duke, 97, is understood to have no intention of giving up driving, having been photographed on public roads driving a new car less than 48 hours after the accident.

He is understood to be complying with a Norfolk Police investigation, which will see him interviewed about what happened.

so some think the mcccanns are being protected...but prince phillip isnt
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:34:12 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »

The Duke of Edinburgh could be sent on a drivers’ awareness course, it has emerged, as police continue to investigate a crash which left two women hospitalised.

The Duke, 97, is understood to have no intention of giving up driving, having been photographed on public roads driving a new car less than 48 hours after the accident.

He is understood to be complying with a Norfolk Police investigation, which will see him interviewed about what happened.

Why would anyone protect the McCanns?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »
Why would anyone protect the McCanns?

have you not read CMOMM....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
yourquestion was...

you have now changed the question having been shown to be wrong on the first one.....laughing emoticons indicated but im far too sophisticated...and its were arrests  ...not was

I assumed it was understood I meant from official statements...obviously not.

Okay from police statements we had no idea that the parents were being investigated. In fact it was emphatically denied just days before they were made suspects by a police spokesman.
The police will not disclose details of individuals being investigated until arrests are made....even if specifically, or especially, if asked by the media.
It would be prejudicial and may even jeopardise any resulting trial.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:01:22 PM by Brietta »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

There was no dispute who was involved.