Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464880 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:33 PM »
What would be the need in this though? That comes across a bit like they think shes talking rubbish but don't want to say so so lets create this guy out of thin air to get rid of the focus on him? Sorry if I'm understanding this wrong.

That's exactly what I think.  OG can't actually prove Jane's statement to be rubbish - ( they probably can't prove anything), so this is an alternative method of removing Tannerman from the equation.

OG are no longer looking for Tannerman, but they are looking for Smithman.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:30:42 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
Well no, we can't expect them to explain everything they do. I just cannot understand how they can effectively eliminate the guy Jane thought she saw...on nothing. I mean, he was going the wrong way even for where he was meant to be coming from :S

We could all see that, Chloe.  I went off in mild bemusement at the time, while I had a think about it.

I think the problem was the half an hour or more between the Tanner Sighting and the Smith Sighting, although that wouldn't be hard to explain if you consider the time required to arrange a Pick Up.
None of them would have known if it would be successful until it actually happened.  So the abductor probably hid somewhere until it was arranged.
I think Madeleine was taken off from a beach, and no one would have wanted to be hanging around on some beach for half an hour with an abducted child.

I worked this out a very long time ago.  And whether or not I am right is actually not that important.  But I haven't changed my mind in nine years.

Yes, I have considered other options, but none of them make the same sort of sense.  This why the Cell Phone Pings are so important.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »
(snip) These shutter don't actually make a noise, otherwise I would be aware of it on a daily basis, which I am not.
Oh, and I raise and close shutters on a Holiday House, and they hardly make a sound ... (snip)
Re your shutters on two houses Eleanor. Are they metal? And are they manually operated?

The question of how noisy or silent these shutters are is so important. Do we have any cites from statements? Or  videos of of these shutters being opened?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
Re your shutters on two houses Eleanor. Are they metal? And are they manually operated?

The question of how noisy or silent these shutters are is so important. Do we have any cites from statements? Or  videos of of these shutters being opened?

It's not just two houses, Pegasus.  It is several.  Some plastic, and supposedly some metal, although I am not certain about that.  None of them ever need painting.  All manually operated.  Same sort of thing as 5a.  These shutters are standard on the Continent.  None of them make  any noise.  I would hear them if they did.

And none of them are impossible to break into.  Believe me or not, as you will.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »

Not sure about that. It was round the corner from where G & J were standing, even though they can't agree exactly where that was.

Jez would have been walking straight past without any reason to look behind over his left shoulder towards the McCann apartment while negotiating a buggy over cobbles.  Even if he had seen the raised shutter, would there have been any reason for him to think there was anything suspicious about it?

The car park was dark.  There was no security lighting.  There were overhanging trees. The window would have been outside Jane Tanner's peripheral vision as she walked from the entrance of the car park to the building. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #560 on: May 04, 2016, 08:07:12 PM »
Well no, we can't expect them to explain everything they do. I just cannot understand how they can effectively eliminate the guy Jane thought she saw...on nothing. I mean, he was going the wrong way even for where he was meant to be coming from :S

Jane did not 'think' she saw a man.  She saw him.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #561 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »

Indeed, but she also thought (after the event) that she had seen the abductor.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
Indeed, but she also thought (after the event) that she had seen the abductor.

She did.  She just didn't realise at the time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #563 on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:40 PM »
OG seem to disagree.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #564 on: May 04, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »
OG seem to disagree.

If you say so.

Offline sadie

« Reply #565 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »
OG seem to disagree.
OG have opened up another scenario.  That doesn't necessarily mean that they have ruled Janes testimony out.

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #566 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »
Indeed..I was not trying to insinuate that Jane went crackers for the night or something. Just a very badly worded post. Apologies.

Also I do not believe that SY have it right ruling that Janes guy out and using night creche dad to do so. It is highly unlikely that this guy taking his kid home was what Jane saw.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #567 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:18 PM »
The sound of shutters being opened http://youtu.be/1uWUXFMZdWE

Offline pegasus

« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:22 PM »
(snip)... It is highly unlikely that this guy taking his kid home was what Jane saw.
9.15pm is a bit early to pick up from creche, he could have been on way to creche?

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »
9.15pm is a bit early to pick up from creche, he could have been on way to creche?

Maybe. I'm sure I remember it as he was taking the child home though? Was a couple years ago now mind and my memory isn't the best